COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The University of Northern Colorado is actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and providing regular updates to the UNC community. Information for in-person tours and virtual visit options can be found on our Admissions website. Learn More
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Valuegrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade B
- Athleticsgrade B+
- Party Scenegrade B+
- Professorsgrade B
- Locationgrade C minus
- Dormsgrade A minus
- Campus Foodgrade B minus
- Student Lifegrade B minus
- Safetygrade C+
At Colorado's most affordable research university, you can focus on advancing your education and career alongside dedicated faculty who have a passion for teaching. UNC supports student academic success, diversity, and achievement by providing a personalized education experience in a culturally rich learning environment.
University of Northern Colorado Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 141 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 156 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 155 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business203 Graduates
- Nursing183 Graduates
- Elementary Education151 Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science123 Graduates
- Psychology119 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies103 Graduates
- Communications73 Graduates
- Biology71 Graduates
- Health Service Preparatory Studies67 Graduates
- Drama and Theatre Production61 Graduates
B.A. in Geography, University of Northern Colorado
As a geography major at UNC, you’ll use scientific exploration to study issues like climate change, urbanization, industrial development, population growth and sustainability, migration, landscape transformation and political cooperation. You’ll have access to a state-of-the-art GIS lab and work side-by-side with expert Geography faculty who engage you through research and internships.
- There is a lot of diversity on campus!!!20%
- Mullet, business in the front, party in the back10%
- Blue-Collar - Working their way through school4%
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 169 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 192 responses
- Perfect size campus38%
- Great school but terrible town20%
- Close to home7%
- A school constantly rising in its ranks5%
- Perfect for me5%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 87 responses
University of Northern Colorado Reviews
There are a few downsides. The administration and people of authority that I have talked to have not been helpful. In times like this year, they have been less than understanding.
Everyone is going through struggles right now, so there have not been many activities for freshmen to adjust to this new environment.
UNC has not made the transition from home to college very easy, but the academics are definitely note worthy.