University of North Georgia - Gainesville Reviews

I have been to a lot of universities, but on thing that I can say is that none of them had good math professors. There are very few people who even understand advanced math, but there are fewer who know it well enough to teach it. The math program and UNG is not good. My professors have made it very difficult to love math.
UNG Gainesville is a fantastic university. The campus is small and very easy to navigate, students are close and supportive of each other, professors are motivating and kind. Due to how small the student body is, classes are very personalized, which poses a huge advantage to all students on campus as they can dive deeper into subjects of larger interest and ask questions with ease. I believe UNG Gainesville is well on its way to becoming one of Georgia's top universities, especially due to its commitment to further developing its Chemistry, Biology and Physics departments. This university is also a participant in the University System of Georgia Regents Engineering Program, which makes it the most affordable and advantageous college aspiring Georgia engineers can attend prior to transferring to an Engineering school such as Georgia Tech.
One must also highlight the low cost of attending this University.
I love that the campus is not huge and spread out all over oakwood. I feel safe at all hours of the day (I'm at the campus very early and very late for lectures), there is campus police on the campus during all hours of the day to make sure everyone is in good hands. I also have enjoyed all of my professors I have taken here at UNG, they all want the best for you. This campus is by far enjoyable for me to take classes and receive an education from the University.
Start Your Review of University of North Georgia - Gainesville
I enjoy being at University of North Georgia because it’s close to home for me and it has a beautiful campus. We have resources to helping students like me with things such as math homework or advising essays! We are diverse friendly and have many clubs to choose from. The professors are willing to work alongside you as long as you show that you are willing to put forth the effort to passing their class.
Overall great academics and a great scenic campus. The professors are very knowledgeable and there are plenty of resources for academic success.
Personally I have not been enrolled into UNG yet, but I do have friends who are. From what they have told me it is beautiful because of all the trails you can walk with lovely views.
I love UNG so very much. This is a very energetic, involved school, despite being a commuter school.
It's very small but the campus is really nice and has a lot of useful amenities and resources that are beneficial to success. Also, the tuition/fees there are one of the cheapest locally. However, the thing that I would change is the extensions for someone is struggling financially and for the school board to be a little understanding of their situation.
The tuition is much cheaper than most other schools and was ultimately worth it to save from so much student debt in the future. There was also a variety of degree options and they made it simple if you wanted to change campuses if you needed to. They had relatively updated classrooms and labs as well.
The best part about the University of North Georgia is the smaller class numbers and the accessibility of the professors. Overall, the professors are friendly, personable and always willing to help.
I have attended two years at UNG in Gainesville. I have enjoyed the small community feel of the college. The classes were small and I felt really at ease in a small setting. The campus is really pretty too. I felt that the teachers I had were truly concerned about my academics. They were available for help when I needed it. UNG is a great place to start college. It provides you with a great commuter college experience.
The University of North Georgia's Gainesville campus does well for its cost. Although, being a commuter campus, the social scene isn't as vibrant as it would be in a larger campus with dormitories, the college and clubs offer many opportunities to meet and interact with others in the school. My experience with the college academically is that the professors feel above average across the board. I've met a few outstanding professors that make themselves unique and involved with the students; anyone coming to UNG should actively seek out these professors by talking to faculty, asking students about them, and/or searching the professors online - especially through "ratemyprofessor.com". I've also met a select few professors that simply lecture - who do not become involved with the student or stand out in their teaching/lecturing - mostly in the mathematics department. Overall, UNG's Gainesville campus is a good college, especially for its cost!
The university of North Georgia is a great place to attend. Its surrounded by a nice community. It has many degree option and has several campuses and is growing. It it an awesome place to meet people of different cultures and ethnicities.
I like how diverse the school is and how I can learn on completing my pathway to become something I want to be. And there would be nothing I would chance about the school.
UNG has a few really great instructors, and they certainly have a lot of computers, but they're lacking in a lot of ways that matter, such as compassion in the counseling services offices. They kicked me out of services for having symptoms of a disability that I couldn't help. Their leadership has done nothing to correct the issue. The disability's office is great, but in an age with so much mental illness among young adults, you'd think they'd be set up to handle bigger emotional issues than test anxiety.

The media department is often raved about. I still wouldn't call it my first choice. It's just what's available right now.

A security guard got aggressive with me for waiting inside of the closed building in the middle of the night after I'd finished a project instead of outside of it in the empty parking lot. I have PTSD (diagnosed). I quickly corrected that mistake, but I still don't like the cold and unfeeling direction the school goes in.
UNG Gainesville is a wonderful school. The campus is large and has a wide range of courses, and is still expanding to gain more buildings and more courses.
I like the free food events that they have every fall and spring semester. As well their friendly environment. However I would place another microwave in the Nesbitt building.
Start Your Review of University of North Georgia - Gainesville
The campus is very pretty and feels very safe. Overall, the professors have been pretty good. There's not much to do around the campus but plenty to do on it.
I enjoy the staff (ie financial aid and admissions office and teachers) they've all been really helpful in the process of getting there. The campus is beautiful. The only thing about my experience that I'd change so far was eliminating the wait for a response from the staff when emailed about questions I may have
So, I've been going to UNG for one semester now, but I am a sophomore. I appreciate the life on campus, and have made many friends in my classes. There have been just been a few issues with one professor, but besides that, even the classes are exciting and interesting!