University of North Dakota Reviews

Great flight program for those interested! Also one of the best hockey teams in the nation! Beautiful campus and many fraternities and sororities for those who love the Greek life!
UND provides students with a wonderful and wide array of academics, an excellent student life both on campus and the surrounding area, and I have met many great people. The only thing I would like to see change is the admissions and financial aid staff. It was very difficult to get everything straightened out at first before attending, which is why I am giving it four stars. However, I would recommend attending UND, especially those interested in an aerospace major.
One thing I really liked about UND was the fact that there was something for everyone, whether is was within academics or by getting involved with different organizations on campus. The campus was not too big or too small, and there was always a familiar face wherever I went. The school pride and support was, and continues to be, tremendous and can be seen throughout the entire community, especially when it came to supporting our athletics. The professors care for their students and want all of them to succeed. They were always very helpful and I never experienced any problems with any professor. All in all, my experience at UND has been amazing and I'm so grateful for the opportunities I have been given and all of the memories I have made here.
Review University of North Dakota
The University of North Dakota is just the college I was looking for! Not only did it have my major, it's academics and staff allow many other options for classes to choose from all while creating and maintaining a safe and learning friendly environment. On top of that, there are many available extra curriculars to meet anyone's needs and wants!
The University of North Dakota is an exciting school. It has lots of possibilities for the ultimate university experience. They offer a wide range of classes which i found interesting and helpful. It makes for a more fun educational journey.
Good school with some great professors. Location wasn't the best, especially if you're looking for a big city. The main reason I didn't stay is because they didn't have the academic program I was looking for.
Took a tour of the Aviation school and was impressed. They have great simulators along with plenty of planes. Students can also be hired back as trained flight instructors when they finish their schooling. They have several aviation related clubs as well. The school as a whole is also very diverse. Great programs to get into and great resources for students to use.
Great school even though is in the middle of no where 10/10 recommend great hockey team lots to do not much to see.
I was a commercial aviation major from 2007-2011. I graduate and didnt get a job from the college as a flight instructor. They do not gaurantee flight instructor jobs, even after youve paid them 150,000 in flight instruction costs. I currently do not fly because most pilots at the major airlines are military pilots anyway. It is a very competitive profession and contrary to what they say, there are plenty of pilots out there. Be very wary of this flight school. You may consider going to a 2 yr school instead or picking a different 4 yr degree.
I love the community. I would argue that it's hard to find a more welcoming community of people. Additionally, I have come across many supportive professors at the university. On the negative end, there has been a series of budget cuts that has forced the university to get rid of professors, programs, and a variety of other important things to the school.
I enjoy many different aspects that the University of North Dakota offers. I enjoy the student/campus life, athletics, student involvement, clubs, etc.
I would not recommend this school to anyone unless they want to go into aviation or law. Grand Forks has nothing for college students to do. Hockey games are fun, but only men's since they cut women's hockey from a HOCKEY SCHOOL. I guess our football and basketball team has improved, but the school keeps cutting sports so your options are limited. The party scene is okay, but the frats are disgusting, so I don't recommend those. If you can find a house party sometimes those are fun, but the cops like to shut those down. The food has no variety and there shutting down Terrace which is the only dining center with somewhat quality food. The campus smells bad in the spring and sometimes the fall. The winter is miserable. Always windy, cold, and icy. They advertise tunnels, but only have one. The dorms and campus buildings are outdated, as in they still use chalkboards! Freshman classes are huge and while I've had some good professors, I've also had some bad ones. There are better schools!
During my visits to UND the staff has been very professional and informative of what life is like for students at UND. They have a very impressive aviation program, which is one of the best in the country. I highly recommend this school.
University of North Dakota is a leader in the midwest. A large campus and many majors make it a great choice and very fairly priced. The aviation program is booming and has been for decades.
I had a phenomenal experience at UND. I was in the history department and felt that they did a great job in challenging me to become a better student. They also had all of the resources that I needed to complete my degree.
I love the University of North Dakota. I feel very at home here and I feel that this college has one of the best PT programs around and I am very excited to get my education here.
This is a really good school for Aerospace. The english department is above average too, There are a lot of liberal professors though. As long as you're careful with your words this school is great.
Review University of North Dakota
UND is a great place to attend, but recently the administration has ignored the needs of the attending students. Many changes are coming due to "budget cuts", i.e. finding ways to further overpay the higher-ups. However, the majority of the faculty truly wants to help you succeed. The overall environment is great, especially because we are one big hockey family.
What i like about the university of North Dakota is the small campus feel while still being a decently sized university. Hockey games are a unique culture and tradition at this University.
I currently enjoy my experience at the University of North Dakota very much. I am a Commercial Aviation major, and think that the aeronautic education I am receiving is second to none. The staff is well educated and experienced, and always very helpful. The low cost of tuition helps to ease the costs of an aviation education.