University of North Carolina at Pembroke Reviews

I've had a good time during my two years at UNCP and I have an amazing group of professors and ample opportunities to gain experience in my field of passion through work study and my time as the sports editor for the school paper.
Pembroke is an incredibly diverse school with great staff and teachers. Its located in the middle of nowhere though, which means most students leave on the weekends to have fun or relax. Sports are a big part of Pembroke, which means its got an Grade A basket ball team. The fellow students are helpful and we all tend to get along quite well. Good for a "starter school" and its even cheaper than some community colleges in state. Definitely worth checking out if you want o experience the college feel, while still being in a safe environment and close to home.
Professors actually try their best to help you. Food is decent but repetitive. Class options are plentiful. Student life is great, a lot of involvement.
Start Your Review of University of North Carolina at Pembroke
I went to UNCP in 2010. I really enjoyed the opportunities that were awarded to me there. If I had a second chance to go there again I most definitely would.
The University of North Carolina at Pembroke is where I currently attend college. I would describe my experience at my school by saying its like a home feeling. All the teachers and staff is very friendly and willing to make your experience as best as possible. The campus is very open and beautiful, while providing a safe environment feeling as well. Everyone on campus is friendly and enjoying the school just as much as me. I have learned so much from my short two years at the school so far, and I plan to learn so much more valuable information.
My experience at this university was very interesting. You get to meet many people from different states and around the world.
The experience at UNCP is phenomenal! There are numerous resources on campus and off campus for in-state and out of state students, to be successful. They help you in ALL categories that college students need help in such as, housing, job/money opportunities, tutoring, centers to help with assignments, food banks, plenty of fun activities, & shuttle buses for traveling off campus to local stores. Only thing I would like to see improved, to some point, is just more parking areas. Overall, this university is a well-rounded, filled with diversity & outstanding professors that actually help you.
For me UNCP is a very small school and the town is very small too. The classes are great small but the environment is a little to cozy.
UNC Pembroke is a very good school. You just have to know what you're in for when attending. It's not like most universities in my option. When I entered this school as a freshman back in 2014 there were so many events offered on campus to get people out of their dorms and socialize with others. For the past two year it seems as if all of those events have died out. The student to teacher ratio is about the same as it was when I started at UNCP. On a brighter note, UNCP is what you make it. Getting involved with the right crowd that will help you stay focused and help you keep your head above water is really going to help you finish strong as a Brave.
Small class size is a definite advantage. Professors know students by name. Lots of on campus activities.
The school is good for the cost. The professors get to know you , and make a point to help you as much as they can. The diversity is a major aspect at UNCP. Everybody knows everybody which can be good. It's a nice campus , and would be very enjoyable for someone who likes a small college, and diversity.
Pembroke is the first Native American University. One of the most diverse campuses and with such a small town you have a sense of closeness. The school works hard in including all students from different cultures. Also with tuition dropping to 500$ being able to have a university education for the price of a community college is wonderful.
I really enjoy that the campus isn't as big as some of the other universities. I love how everyone is so friendly and will work with you to get you where you need to be. Being apart of the school events or clubs really helps you meet new people and be apart of something great.
it is a very diverse school, and it is cool. the classes are small , and the professors are understandable.
Pembroke has the best faculty and staff. They really go the extra mile to help you settle in and feel like you're at home. You know you're taken care of and safe at UNCP.
Everyone including the staff and students are very welcoming. The environment it just so amazing! The vibe I get from the University of North Carolina at Pembroke is great, every time I step on the campus I feel at home. The University of North Carolina at Pembroke is just an amazing, all smiles school, that is a perfect fit for anyone.
I love the hometown feel and southern hospitality offered at UNCP. The campus is located in a beautiful setting and the people are simply wonderful. I love the class sizes as well as the variety of degrees offered. Diversity is well-versed throughout the campus. I can't think of anything that I would change.
Start Your Review of University of North Carolina at Pembroke
UNCP has a a perfect sized campus that allows students to engage freely while offering a small sized classes that offer better chances to socialize and get to know your peers and professors better.
UNCP is a very diverse campus and its history is deeply rooted in Native American culture. One of the major reasons I chose this school is because of the diversity and connection to Native American culture. As Native American student, I feel this school, so far, has done a good job teaching me the values of being Native American.
I loved the class settings, and the one on one if needed between the professor and student. I think a dress code would be nice for the students. Not a strict dress and little more cover up.