University of North Carolina at Charlotte Reviews

2,755 reviews
I enjoyed the atmosphere of the campus. Very diverse group of students and staff. Great and successful programs!
UNC Charlotte has been nothing short of an amazing experience for me thus far. All campus members are very friendly, welcoming, and willing to help. One of my favorite parts of UNC Charlotte is that it is growing and becoming even better quickly.
I currently attend UNCC and I love it. It is a very diverse school and I have learned so much since I first started attending. The area is perfect to find jobs after college and there are a ton of networking opportunities. Overall I give UNCC a 10/10
Review University of North Carolina at Charlotte
UNCC is a nice school that is starting to grow more and more. I have loved my experience at the school so far, it has been filled with diverse people and helpful professors. Everything might not be perfect, but I wouldnt take it as a backup option school either.
UNCC has a beautiful campus and it's growing a lot, but the school didn't seem to take as much interest in its students as other schools do as far as advising, job fairs, and assisting with job placement goes. I loved living in Charlotte and the city was amazing, but the campus wasn't my favorite. Parking is an absolute nightmare, the campus is dead on weekends because a lot of people go home, and they aren't big on school pride, although that is definitely starting to change now that they (finally) have a football team.
After attending UNC Charlotte for two years I can say that the university is good but not great. UNCC has great facilities, above average dorms, a beautiful campus, generally decent athletics, and great diversity. Where the university lacks is in the accreditation of its colleges and its below average professors. I've found that the professors here do not care about students and in many cases will go out of their way to see a some students unsuccessful, disturbing to say the least. Campus food isn't good most days. Safety is taken pretty seriously at UNCC and the local area is pretty attractive to college aged students, could be better though. The party scene is only average. Overall ROI depends greatly on your prospective college and major here, the name doesn't carry much.
UNCC's campus looks pretty good. The school doesn't have that much campus spirit sadly. Students think that there isn't any campus spirit. Academics at the university is really good especially engineering
Great university it provides many opportunities for individuals that are confused in which way they turn for help. From majors to business, engineering, fine arts and much more this college in my opinion can be considered one of the best colleges in North Carolina.
As a rising freshman going to UNCC in the fall this year, I can say so far from the college visits that they are very friendly people and seem well to work and get along with.
Since joining this school I've come to love and appreciate it day by day. It's a fairly big school, but isn't too big and is not far from uptown or downtown Charlotte. UNC-Charlotte is a very diverse school, which has pretty decent sports teams, and is in the process of building a light rail that takes you all throughout Charlotte. The residence halls on campus are nice, with a number of apartment complexes off and around campus available. There is also a wide variety of clubs, organizations, and other social activities to be apart on campus.
Liked UNCC overall, but parking was always an issue. Especially the first few weeks of semesters. Also when it came to picking classes it was a hassle as well. Sometimes students weren't able to graduate on time because they couldn't get into their classes.
It was actually a very enjoyable environment. A much more diverse group of students. As well as a pretty friendly bunch, however if you want to be alone people will let you be alone.
I like the amenities, however I would love to see more parking on campus. UNCC is in the perfect area, and it's generally pretty safe. The Chancellor can be pretty nonchalant at times, and should work to better the experience of all students, and mainly the majority.
UNC Charlotte really is an amazing school. I've enjoyed my time here very much. There is so much to do with the student- academic life. Faculty and professors are always trying to help students become the best that they can. Always giving great advice and trying to help us find the path. There really isn't anything that I would change about UNC Charlotte, maybe the cost of parking passes.
This is a wonderful university with a greatly diverse and caring student body. The campus is beautiful, and there are plenty of nice residence halls. My main concern is that academic buildings, like Burson, need to be renovated. Overall, I love this university. I am in the Computer Science program, and overall all of the staff and students are always willing to help.
UNCC is a great place to go to school. You are close to the city center where there are tons of things to do and coming soon they will have a metro stop going directly downtown. The campus is always clean and very inviting. I feel safe walking around campus going to classes and other events on campus.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte has a lot to offer students. There's a great environment, and the campus is beautiful.
Review University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Most of the faculty are helpful and available at all times through either email or office hours. Most classes are interesting. Some are challenging while others you can do in your sleep.
I'd like to see changes around the campus itself. I highly dislike the campus as it is always under construction and there isn't any green space. You're constantly staring at bricks.
Also, there are a ridiculous amount of fees. Why do I pay five hundred dollars for a parking pass and then have no where to park?
STEM majors have limited scheduling options and tend to be spread out throughout the day. While class sizes can be large, the instructors are quite knowledgeable in their subjects.
The professors are very helpful and give every opportunity to succeed. They also offer sessions for your classes so you can succeed in your classes.