University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Reviews

2,127 reviews
I abso;utely adore going to UNC-CH. I have made life long connections here and the academics are absolutely phenomenal!!
The teachers are very understanding with personal situations. The campus is always clean. The diversity level is insane.
I have mostly positive reactions to UNC-Chapel Hill. The university offers hundreds of opportunities to its student body and allows students to create opportunities to achieve any interests and passions if there is not one yet. My only issue with the university is the chemistry department. The teaching assistants hired typically approach students with a discouraging attitude that discourages students from the subject and remove any sort of comfortability with approaching them for questions. Most TAs may be graduate students who are required to do this, but this requirement that they may "dread" also affects the future students within the department.
Review University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
There's grade deflation here. Harder to get the same GPA compared to most private schools. Good reputation and prestige for a low price if you are in state.
Absolutely LOVE this school! The academic opportunities are incredible, the campus is stunning, and the basketball team isn't too bad either!
I had a wonderful experience when I went to visit. Nothing compares to it, it is so unique. When you are there, it makes college feel comforting.
UNC Chapel Hill is a great College! It is a public ivy school which has Nobel Prize and prestigious medical and business school. Besides that, UNC is a great basketball campus. The Tar Heels sprirt is amazing
This university is one of a kind and top-notch. The college experience here is unlike any others. Getting accepted into this university is a dream come true. You will receive a unique learning experience along with plenty of opportunities to make lifelong friends. 10/10 recommend attending this university!
Fantastic student body, lots of diversity. Very attractive students. Greek life is ~20%. Classes are insanely hard.
I took one class with UNC Chapel Hill. I did not enjoy it at all. It took forever to get my questions answered. When I would get answers I still wasn't able to understand and all my questions wouldn't get answered. My instructors switched numerous times and I was confused on who to contact most of the time.
It is truly an amazing school. Very competitive. It is very liberal. There is not much to do outside the campus other than some nice music venues.
UNC Chapel Hill - the name rings familiarity across the nation. A part of one of the biggest college basketball rivals, a leader in NC healthcare, and known for the specificity of "Carolina blue," UNC is a treasure. Nostalgia hits me every time I return: the campus is beautiful, the students are all on their way to achieving greatness, and the professors genuinely care about what goes on in their the students' minds. Diversity is not that high - as probably 60% of the students want to become doctors and nurses. The racial diversity is representative of the statistics in America. The culture diversity, however, is rather high and incorporating of all activities that I can think of. Overall, a fantastic institution!
I enjoyed the wide range of students attending the university, ranging from different cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Additionally, a majority of the students live in North Carolina, which means it's easy to travel around.
The last thing I think of when I think of UNC is school; it is a community, an opportunity, a family, and so much more than just a school. There are smiling faces from all over the world, proving UNC's commitment to diversity. I would implement one change at UNC. At other Universities I have been to, you can see at least one blue Emergency light pole from each of them. At UNC these emergency light poles are inaccessible and spread out; I would love to see the addition of more of these emergency light poles.
My cousin attended UNC as a D1 men's lacrosse player. When I went to visit for games I fell in love with the campus and the community overall. You get a real feel of a college lifestyle and independence.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and its impact on myself, and many others that have experienced the tar heel lifestyle, has been nothing short of pure excellence. The university allows for personal growth in a time in people's lives when they are shifting between the dependence of adolescence to the independence of adulthood. Chapel Hill, however, is also astounding at providing an abundance of opportunities to all people that aid in the progression and success of students' completions of prestigious college degrees.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has by far been one of the best experiences that I've ever had--and this is only my second semester here. The professors are wonderful, challenge you, encourage you, and ultimately help you on your path to success. I honestly would not want anything about this college to change, but ironically it's changed my life.
Review University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Prospective students should know UNC is unlike high school, and even if they come in as valedictorians from large schools in populous counties, they may feel inferior to all the incredibly smart and talented people at this institution. While my journey has been a difficult uphill battle, I would recommend this university to any hardworking students wishing to challenge themselves in every way possible. UNC is great because it is the perfect combination of rigorous academics with a wide variety of subjects to study, a beautiful campus located in a cute small town (that is close enough to large cities that it's not an issue to find what you need), and fantastic athletic programs that are often the top in the country (which makes them highly entertaining to watch). The programs and services offered at the school are helpful, but you have to go out of your way to find them. With hundreds of student organizations on campus, there is something for everyone and no reason to not be involved.
Here at UNC it is imperative that you advocate for yourself and find your group. As a senior who has found several groups of friends, figured out the best way to study and the best place to live, I can easily give this school for stars. However, this rating may have been different my earlier years of college.
Great school, beautiful campus, amazing academics, resources, and faculty. Good student atmosphere. Southern school without being too southern. A bit too focused on liberal arts, however, and not a ton of diversity.