University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Reviews

2,130 reviews
UNC chapel hill is home to the national champions of basketball. we also have a beautiful campus where the students are all incorporated and very much love the school. the campus is always changing and the resident halls have been renovated too in recent years.
As a transfer student, nothing has been easy. I had to change my concentration and now I must change my major entirely in order to graduate in the allotted time. Academically, the school is superior. There could be much better communication between the departments, even if everyone knows a little bit of something. This doesn't happen and it's a shame.
Great professors in the Bio and Comp Sci department. If you find the right friend group, it is immensely helpful in succeeding.
Review University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
I abso;utely adore going to UNC-CH. I have made life long connections here and the academics are absolutely phenomenal!!
The teachers are very understanding with personal situations. The campus is always clean. The diversity level is insane.
I have mostly positive reactions to UNC-Chapel Hill. The university offers hundreds of opportunities to its student body and allows students to create opportunities to achieve any interests and passions if there is not one yet. My only issue with the university is the chemistry department. The teaching assistants hired typically approach students with a discouraging attitude that discourages students from the subject and remove any sort of comfortability with approaching them for questions. Most TAs may be graduate students who are required to do this, but this requirement that they may "dread" also affects the future students within the department.
There's grade deflation here. Harder to get the same GPA compared to most private schools. Good reputation and prestige for a low price if you are in state.
Absolutely LOVE this school! The academic opportunities are incredible, the campus is stunning, and the basketball team isn't too bad either!
I had a wonderful experience when I went to visit. Nothing compares to it, it is so unique. When you are there, it makes college feel comforting.
UNC Chapel Hill is a great College! It is a public ivy school which has Nobel Prize and prestigious medical and business school. Besides that, UNC is a great basketball campus. The Tar Heels sprirt is amazing
This university is one of a kind and top-notch. The college experience here is unlike any others. Getting accepted into this university is a dream come true. You will receive a unique learning experience along with plenty of opportunities to make lifelong friends. 10/10 recommend attending this university!
Fantastic student body, lots of diversity. Very attractive students. Greek life is ~20%. Classes are insanely hard.
I took one class with UNC Chapel Hill. I did not enjoy it at all. It took forever to get my questions answered. When I would get answers I still wasn't able to understand and all my questions wouldn't get answered. My instructors switched numerous times and I was confused on who to contact most of the time.
It is truly an amazing school. Very competitive. It is very liberal. There is not much to do outside the campus other than some nice music venues.
UNC Chapel Hill - the name rings familiarity across the nation. A part of one of the biggest college basketball rivals, a leader in NC healthcare, and known for the specificity of "Carolina blue," UNC is a treasure. Nostalgia hits me every time I return: the campus is beautiful, the students are all on their way to achieving greatness, and the professors genuinely care about what goes on in their the students' minds. Diversity is not that high - as probably 60% of the students want to become doctors and nurses. The racial diversity is representative of the statistics in America. The culture diversity, however, is rather high and incorporating of all activities that I can think of. Overall, a fantastic institution!
I enjoyed the wide range of students attending the university, ranging from different cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Additionally, a majority of the students live in North Carolina, which means it's easy to travel around.
The last thing I think of when I think of UNC is school; it is a community, an opportunity, a family, and so much more than just a school. There are smiling faces from all over the world, proving UNC's commitment to diversity. I would implement one change at UNC. At other Universities I have been to, you can see at least one blue Emergency light pole from each of them. At UNC these emergency light poles are inaccessible and spread out; I would love to see the addition of more of these emergency light poles.
Review University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
My cousin attended UNC as a D1 men's lacrosse player. When I went to visit for games I fell in love with the campus and the community overall. You get a real feel of a college lifestyle and independence.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and its impact on myself, and many others that have experienced the tar heel lifestyle, has been nothing short of pure excellence. The university allows for personal growth in a time in people's lives when they are shifting between the dependence of adolescence to the independence of adulthood. Chapel Hill, however, is also astounding at providing an abundance of opportunities to all people that aid in the progression and success of students' completions of prestigious college degrees.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has by far been one of the best experiences that I've ever had--and this is only my second semester here. The professors are wonderful, challenge you, encourage you, and ultimately help you on your path to success. I honestly would not want anything about this college to change, but ironically it's changed my life.