University of North Carolina at Asheville Reviews

The people, students and faculty, are not fun to be around and its a really weird environment. I just went to this school because it was close enough for me to commute but I would not recommend it to anyone who is conservative.
This is for the food. The niche rating is too low, trust me. We visited the campus with our son. We've eaten at several university cafeterias in a few different states and this was by far the best for healthy, fresh and tasty food. Why the Niche rating is an A- is mind boggling to me, because the food is most definitely an A+. I've eaten at other A+ rated cafeterias and this definitely meets the criteria. The chicken was fresh and some of the best I've ever had. The salad bar was great and they even had a selection of spices, I put rock salt on my chicken. Knowledge of allergies was also top notch. All I can guess is that the people rating the food on niche haven't eaten at any other universities!
I really love the community between students and professors here, particularly in the Interdisciplinary and Modern Languages departments. However, what I don't see here is racial diversity. The school prides itself on being diverse but demographically the school lacks ethnic diversity.
Start Your Review of University of North Carolina at Asheville
I would love to see more diversity! The small school vibe here is great. It's close to downtown, and Asheville is an actual city, not just a college town. There are many activities to do on campus as well.
It's a small school that is slowly expanding. You have great relationships with professors and they really just want to help.
The University of North Carolina at Asheville has been a great place for me to experience college. The entire staff has been nothing short of incredible, while the campus itself is absolutely beautiful. I have managed to learn a substantial amount about things not only within my own major, but about others and the world around us. One substantial thing that I really cherish about UNC Asheville is the fact that the class sizes are smaller than the classes on most other campuses, and with that, you get more one-on-one time with you professor which is very beneficial in many different ways.
UNCA is an open-minded small liberal arts college. I've met a lot of good people here and since the campus is so small it's very friendly. Almost all of the professors I've had have been helpful, friendly, intelligent, etc. The campus isn't too big so its easy to get around places and the dorms aren't too bad. The only problem with UNCA is the food but its close enough to many grocery markets and downtown Asheville with many good restaurants.
I am from the Asheville area, so it just made sense that I attend UNCA. I really like the small classroom sizes and more personal interaction with professors and students. The campus is incredibly diverse welcoming people from all walks of life. What I would like to see changed is how at least some of the professors are not very tolerant of political and economic views outside of their own. I would like to see professors actually listen and have a reasonable debate with students who don't share their viewpoints instead of just shutting off any conversation about the difference in views.
I love UNCA! A beautiful campus with diverse, talented, and intelligent students and staff.

UNCA has wonderful facilities that are open to the students for use to help further their studies, or just to relax with friends.

The teachers are wonderful and very helpful, I feel that I have learned so much in such a short amount of time on one of the most beautiful campuses.

The general mood of campus is uplifting, it makes my day to walk on campus. There are so many activities and clubs for students to join. Clubs and activities offered by UNCA were very helpful in the transfer transition to university.
Beautiful local area and campus. Class sizes are good for learning. Resources for athletes are excellent. Food is good. Dorms are above average.
UNC Asheville was an AMAZING experience for me. I came from an early college so I was only there for about two years, but I made the best out of it. I was very active with student life—student government, RA (resident assistant), editor for the campus newspaper, environmental club, etc. I wish there was a bit more school spirit...game attendance/pep rally attendance/homecoming etc.
Resident life was rough and while I personally did not have the best experience with campus housing...plenty of reasons...others had a wonderful time. Not much of a party scene so if you’re more into being environmentally friendly, having a great liberal arts education, and meeting authentic and creative people then this school is for you. Also...living in Asheville is a plus. There is so much to do...shops, beer, hiking, music.
The atmosphere here is exquisite. And the people here are heartwarming. The teachers are great and have no problem in taking more time to explain material to you in you don't understand it.
The academics and professors are the pulse of this institution, your courses will keep you interested and engaged, and if you put forth effort and apply yourself, you will succeed. However, the dorms that you are required to live in are not great, neither is the atmosphere or community of the school. It's hard to feel connected.
Asheville is such an amazing and diverse college. The professors know you by name and not a number in their classroom. It doesn't matter that you're religious, nonreligious, of the LGBTQ community, of ethnicity, or anything else because everyone welcomes you with open arms and has nothing but respect. The only downside is that we don't have a ton of great dining options because we are a small campus. We value farm to table eating so fast food is not a big thing on our campus. We're a short walk from downtown Asheville so there are a ton of great off-campus eating options, and fun activities to do on the weekends. The school offers equipment to go canoeing, hiking, camping, paddle boarding, and a bunch of other outdoor activities. We have beautiful 360 mountain views and amazing science and art programs! Getting a job on campus is really easy and it pays well! Go Bulldogs!!
It is a wonderful school with excellent professors that care for every student they teach. The area around the school is inviting and beautiful, just a mile from downtown where you can see beautiful architecture and art.
I believe the activity committee does a good job making sure that here is always going on.. however I wish that the school would not promote coddling but instead teach each other to express their feelings openly in an attempt to teach and learn from each other's differences instead of putting each other down for making small mistakes from misunderstandings.
UNC Asheville has very strong academics. I feel like my money was well spent there. My only problems with it were that my tuition and fees kept getting raised year after year and the money kept getting squandered on really poor decisions made by the administration. They never improved the food, it continued to get worse and worse. But they also spent our money on things we did not need instead of things that we did need. The campus was beautiful and the people were really nice. I chose UNCA for the academics, the area, and the people. These things have been satisfactory. But other area of the school could use improvement.
Start Your Review of University of North Carolina at Asheville
I would like to see a more diversity in terms of race. The school prides itself on being "diverse", and it is in terms of the LGBTQ population, but not when it comes to diversity in other areas.
I enjoyed my first year at UNC Asheville. I think that it is a beautiful campus and the people are very diverse and accepting of others. However, there is a lack of racial diversity on campus. If you're into partying, you might be pressed to find a legit party scene. It doesn't exist.
There are multiple reasons to love UNCA. The first is that the campus is one of the most beautiful that I've ever been in. It's situated in the middle of mountains, and has plenty of outdoor spaces to relax and do homework. I also really love the classroom atmosphere here, where the class sizes are about as large as an average high school class, and the professors are kind and hands on with their students. All of the professors that I have had the pleasure of learning under are currently successful in their fields, and are really encouraging to their students. Finally, because this is a Liberal Arts University, I was able to learn about many different subjects, which I think was really beneficial to my overall understanding of our contemporary world.