Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Valuegrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Campusgrade B+
- Athleticsgrade B+
- Party Scenegrade B minus
- Professorsgrade A minus
- Locationgrade A
- Dormsgrade A
- Campus Foodgrade B minus
- Student Lifegrade B
- Safetygrade B minus
UNC Asheville is an above-average public university located in Asheville, North Carolina. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 3,036 undergraduate students. The UNC Asheville acceptance rate is 84%. Popular majors include Psychology, Environmental Science, and Biology. Graduating 59% of students, UNC Asheville alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $28,400.
University of North Carolina at Asheville Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Considered but not required
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
- grade A minus
- grade B
- grade B
- grade B
Will You Get In?
$13,388 / year
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
$7,144 / year
Students Receiving Financial Aid
grade A minus
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 35 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 50 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 49 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Psychology102 Graduates
- Environmental Science72 Graduates
- Biology60 Graduates
- Business56 Graduates
- Graphic Design51 Graduates
- Public Health Education51 Graduates
- Communications42 Graduates
- English34 Graduates
- Political Science and Government33 Graduates
- Engineering31 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 38 responses
- Seriously Creative26%
- Open-mided and sometimes not understanding8%
- Apathetic Hypocrites5%
Freshmen Live On-Campus
No data available
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene. 60 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 64 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 34 responses
- Home away from home3%
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
$34,500 / year
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 28 responses
Colleges like University of North Carolina at Asheville
- grade A minusAppalachian State University
- 4 Year
- Boone, NC
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 2,583 reviews
- grade B+University of North Carolina - Wilmington
- 4 Year
- Wilmington, NC
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 1,821 reviews
- grade BWestern Carolina University
- 4 Year
- Cullowhee, NC
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 1,483 reviews
- grade BUniversity of North Carolina - Greensboro
- 4 Year
- Greensboro, NC
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 2,909 reviews
University of North Carolina at Asheville Reviews
Rating 3.79 out of 5 648 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
While it was certainly more challenging to finish my coursework online, I had taken online classes before at my community college and the experience with UNC Asheville was very similar. There was less interaction with my professors, which I missed, but since I am rather self-sufficient when it comes to academics, I could complete assignments and submit them (which is essentially what the last half of the semester consisted of) without much trouble. And I kept my GPA!
My name is Corey Barclay, and I am an incoming freshman at the University of North Carolina Asheville. When I first visited the college I quickly noticed the positive energy everywhere on the campus. Everyone was nice from random students walking around to teachers helping me learn where to go. The environment on the campus is amazing. The school is spread out on a mountain, but everything is within the same proximity. It is very clean and very peaceful also. The only change that I would make to the school is to make it cheaper. I am on the Track and Field team at Asheville, but I am not getting any money to be on it. Plus I am an out-of-state student so it is super expense to be at the school. Other than that, I love the school and hope to continue my education there. Go Bulldogs!
This is my first time doing all my classes online and it's been wonderful! I was nervous at first but the teachers really made sure we understand the platforms we are using, and they have been very interactive to help us get to know them as well as the other students in our class. It's been a very positive experience during a chaotic time in the world.