- 4 Year
- ASHEVILLE, NC
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Care. Compassion. Community. UNC Asheville continues to follow guidance from the CDC, North Carolina Department of Health and Health Services, and the UNC System as we plan for in-person academic instruction and activities to resume on campus in fall 2021. Learn More
- Academicsgrade B+
- Valuegrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Campusgrade B+
- Athleticsgrade B+
- Party Scenegrade B minus
- Professorsgrade A minus
- Locationgrade A
- Dormsgrade A minus
- Campus Foodgrade B minus
- Student Lifegrade B
- Safetygrade B
- Branch of
- University of North Carolina System
UNC Asheville recognizes that a commitment to innovation requires openness to change and a willingness to do things differently. At UNCA, innovation drives thoughtful, intentional change though our academic programs, experiential learning, Division I Athletics and community engagement.
The University of North Carolina Asheville is North Carolina’s designated public liberal arts university with a commitment to teaching and learning that emphasizes critical thinking, clear communication, undergraduate research, collaboration, and open inquiry. Through small class sizes and high-impact experiences, UNCA prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators to meet the world's challenges head on.
University of North Carolina Asheville Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
Most Popular Majors
- Psychology102 Graduates
- Environmental Science72 Graduates
- Biology60 Graduates
- Business56 Graduates
- Graphic Design51 Graduates
- Public Health Education51 Graduates
- Communications42 Graduates
- English34 Graduates
- Political Science and Government33 Graduates
- Engineering31 Graduates
- Mix of Online and on Campus9%
- On Campus89%
- Seriously Creative26%
- Open-mided and sometimes not understanding8%
- Apathetic Hypocrites5%
- Home away from home3%
University of North Carolina Asheville Reviews
1. Programs -
a) Music tech - very hands-on, but the UNCA music program overall (students and faculty) is pretentious and anti-social.
b. Math/Statistics - great. The department genuinely cares about their students' success. The expertise in some profs lacks outside of their course material. Great research options!
c. Computer Science - lacks. Professors often uncommunicative and slow to grade, seems like they're not focused on their job as profs. There are one or two profs who genuinely care.
2. Student body - diverse and will make you tolerant of all kinds of people. There are many students immature and unwilling to have civil talk. Clubs/student orgs have little engagement.
3. Administration - corrupt. Claims to be accommodating, but never wants to do the paperwork. Says what brings in the most income with ill regard to effects on students.
4. Beautiful campus! Like none other.
5. Campus food - lacks options, but ok.