University of North Carolina - Wilmington Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.107 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.117 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.117 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management617 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science137 Graduates
Elementary Education128 Graduates
Marine Biology and Oceanography96 Graduates
Cinematography and Video Production91 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.130 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.152 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 77 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.76 responses
Colleges like University of North Carolina - Wilmington
- B+University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- 4 Year
- Charlotte, NC
- 2,856 reviews
- B+University of North Carolina at Asheville
- 4 Year
- Asheville, NC
- 577 reviews
- B+University of North Carolina - Greensboro
- 4 Year
- Greensboro, NC
- 2,612 reviews
- B+East Carolina University
- 4 Year
- Greenville, NC
- 2,658 reviews
University of North Carolina - Wilmington Reviews
The campus is beautiful, as well as the surrounding area. A ten minute drive to the beach is a nice way to enjoy your college experience! Most professors are resourceful and willing to help students develop into successful individuals. The only changes I can foresee being beneficial to UNCW, would be to diversify the student demographics. As well as provide more resources for the student population, such as cultural or communal offices. Lastly, my other recommendation would be more parking should be provided through the use of parking decks.
I loved my time at UNCW! I graduated in 2017 with a bachelor's degree in public health with a pre-clinical concentration. I lived on campus all 4 years that I was there and I enjoyed the campus very much. I liked that all the campus buildings were in walking distance of each other, and it took no more than 20 minutes to get all the way across campus. Everyone there were kind and very laid back and the fact that the campus was only a 15 minute drive away from the beach was amazing! I enjoyed all my professors and I didn't want to leave UNCW after I graduated. My friends and I loved going to the basketball and baseball games as well. The only thing that I would change about UNCW was that I wished that off campus restaurants were able to be reached by walking instead of having to drive if I wanted food, but thankfully I had a meal plan while I was there and the food was great! I miss being a seahawk!
UNCW lived up to all of my expectations. It is a large, beautiful campus, but the class sizes are relatively small. Even lecture halls have under 100 students. In my time at UNCW I grew close to many professors, and even was a TA. The only downfalls to this campus were parking and wifi. I had no other negative experiences. It is a fast growing school and I wish I didn't have to leave to go to grad school (they don't have physical therapy). In-state tuition is very reasonable, and I did not end up out of college drowning in debt. Overall, I would recommend uncw to anyone. Oh, and the rec center is one of the best parts- it is one of the largest and newest on the east coast!