University of North Carolina - Wilmington Reviews

1,574 reviews
The professors here are great and are willing to help one-on-one during their office hours! Only thing I've noticed is there's not a lot of diversity.
I absolutely love being able to consider myself a student at UNCW. The professors are kind and I've never met one who is not willing to go the extra mile to help students. The area itself is absolutely amazing; what's not to love about the beach? I'd suggest Wilmington to anyone and everyone without a doubt!
UNCW is an academically-focused school that strives to give its students the best opportunities to succeed. The student community is extremely supportive of its peers.
Review University of North Carolina - Wilmington
I love it here at UNCW! The campus is awesome, the people are great, and the environment is so chill!
Everything about UNCW is amazing; the campus, the city, THE BEACHES, and everyone who lives in Wilmington is just so friendly. UNCW is very well located in Wilmington, right near a bowling alley, very great restaurants and stores (COOK-OUT), lots of shopping centers. Student Life is a 10/10 here, because you grow very strong bonds here. John T. Hoggard is the closest high school from UNCW, and we bond with High-schoolers a lot. We can visit them during lunch and chat with them. UNCW offers lots of in-depth programs, too.

****I highly recommend this school if you want to apply for a school in NC and know that getting into UNC Chapel Hill or Duke is will be very unlikely!****
UNCW has achieved a balance many schools often fail to meet, which is between work and fun. There are several clubs and student activities available on a variety of interest, as well as, sororities and fraternities, that students are welcome to join. There are multiple competitive sports, and for the more casual player there are club sports and classes to teach one how to participate in a sport of choice.
Beautiful campus with somewhat laid-back, coastal atmosphere. Very professional faculty who are well-regarded. Excellent programs to provide support for students.
University of North Carolina Wilmington was my top choice when applying for schools in high school and I am so glad I choose here! The teachers are really good about being helpful and making sure I understand what they expect. It isn't an easy school but we are given the resources to succeed.
UNCW is a wonderful university with quality professors and a beautiful campus. My time there was memorable and prepared me exceptionally well for grad school. Seahawk Village is an awesome place to stay campus! The beach plus the films and TV shows that are constantly being produced in Wilmington make it a unique and extraordinary experience. I am now at UNC Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler business school, and my professors here have referenced the Cameron School of Business as the NC business school they consider 2nd to their program. If you know anything about UNC, you know that is high praise. I feel lucky that I have had these experiences at both institutions, and I would recommend UNCW to students who want a laid back campus atmosphere combined with rigorous study, especially at Cameron.
I am currently a freshman at UNCW and absolutely love this school. It has helped me to develop into a more mature person and truly allowed my personality to flourish whilst attending. I will always recommend UNCW to anyone who is considering. The school offers an extensive array of programs and opportunities for leadership roles. The staff I have come across thus far has also been very supportive and helpful while attending their classes. The campus is very clean and there is always an exiting event to attend.
UNCW is an open, welcoming community with an amazing student life and student unity. UNCW has a wonderful city life, with the beach and Wilmington both within ten miles of campus. It's wonderful in every way!
I love how new their campus and the improvements and expansions that they make to the campus each year.
Perfect location and the student body is extremely laid back. There was a beach blast to welcome students the first week back so there is free food and the beach! The faculty is interested in helping their students so take advantage of it. The only thing I would change is having a football team so there is a sense of school spirit.
I loved it since I was in middle school but a few things I would change about the campus is that there should be a smoothie station in the rec center and that they should have weighted sled, tires to flip, and another new additions to their rec center.
Experienced faculty that excel in directing students toward resources that will enable them to succeed. Financial aid classes offered to explain the novelty of managing college-related expenses. Diverse student population and multiple opportunities to broaden educational background and promote cultural sensitivity in foreign countries and locally as well. Studying on the beach? Just say yes!!
Coming to Wilmington has been the best decision I have made. I truly feel like I am where I belong at this school. The school and area, is beautiful, and everyone seems to care about it. I love how everyone longboards/skate boards, and bike all over the place. There is definitely the nature, hippie vibe to this school.
I have enjoyed my time at UNCW. There are lots of groups on campus that cater to a variety of interests. One of my first club fairs on campus I think I signed up for over 100 club interest emails. Once I joined a club it was fairly easy to make friends with others who share similar interests to mine. The library on campus is a great place to study or simply to just go for a quiet place to read. I find myself constantly in the library and then hopping over to the food court for a quick bite to eat. If I need some school supplies I go over to the bookstore where I have a variety of different colored binders, folders, and pens to choose from. I’m very happy I chose UNCW to finish my education at and hopefully I can come back for graduate school in the future!
Review University of North Carolina - Wilmington
Wonderful experience at UNCW. Very relaxed atmosphere with a diverse student population. School isn't huge, but it isn't small either which creates a great, independent work environment for the student.

As a recent grad, I was contacted by many companies that offered jobs. Happy to say that my first job (which I 3 weeks after graduation) paid over $50k + commission.

I transferred to UNCW after attending UNCC. I have been on campus at WCU, APP State, UNCC, UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake, UNCG, HPU, ECU, and Elon.....UNCW hands down. So glad I went to UNCW. Beautiful beaches and scenery.

If you are thinking about applying to UNCW, go for it. It will be one of the best decisions you ever make.
UNCW is an incredibly well-rounded university that offers almost anything you are looking for, be that academic or activity-wise. The campus is beautiful and safe. The professors I have met in my department are enthusiastic and willing to help students in one-on-one settings. The local area is also a great community with lots of interesting, diverse places to discover. If you are willing to put in the work to achieve your goals, UNCW is the place that will help you thrive.
This is one of the best maintained campuses I've experienced. Travel time is cut down to nothing because of the close proximity of the campus buildings and housing. Experiences on campus are advertised efficiently, no experience can be missed.