1. Florence, AL
  2. 4 Year

University of North Alabama Reviews

I love how this school is so involved. There is always something going on and great encouraging people all around. Only change I would like to see if or parking issue being fixed.
Overall my experience at UNA has been great and feels very different then what I'm use too. the college experience has brought lights to me and made the experience more exciting on my part. I cant wait to see what else is in store for me here at the University of North Alabama.
I love this University. The professors are very helpful and treat you like family. The students here are very nice and become great friends.
It is wonderful! The staff is wonderful and the campus is beautiful! I'm beyond blessed to go to the school of my dreams!
I love the community. I have loved in Florence my whole life and I thought I knew everything about it. UNA is so welcoming to all and always has your back.
I have had a pretty good experience here at University of North Alabama. There is always something to do when you're not doing school work.
I loved my professors in my field, which is Computer Science. They are always willing to help out in any way possible, and are very willing to help you find internships and help you find jobs after graduation. Some things I do not like about UNA are some of the basic requirements for each major. I do not like how they require so many basic classes that most of us will never use. Another thing I do not like is the housing situation. I live in Covington hall and I have found roaches on my toothbrush before, as well as in the kitchen. This is more on the Student's fault, as most do not know how to clean up after themselves apparently.
The campus is beautiful and just overall breathtaking. It's also a wonderful college, but mainly for the upper class. If you don't look a certain way don't bother.
The University of North Alabama is a great 4 year college right here in the heart of Alabama. They offer so much in way of sports, college life, education and even the area around the campus in Florence and the Shoals is a wonderful place for young people to start their lives! The majority of students seemed very open to tell about their own college thoughts and even how things could be better. Overall the UNA visit was very good and has helped on my decision making!
Has a beautiful campus. A outstanding music program and great faculty and staff. Location is perfect. Football stadium is big and campus spirit is huge. Academic programs are impressive. I look forward to attending this school in the fall of 2017!
The Career center is extremely helpful in the resume building process, and even finding part time jobs while still studying.
  • College Sophomore
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
My experience has been mostly positive with a few negative experienceside. Most of my issues involved living on campus, the registration process, and financial aid services.
The UNA SNAP team really help to ensure students aren't walking alone at night, and run all night long.
I've lived in the old and brand new dorms, and while the new dorms were great, the old were terrible. Roaches filed the halls and the bathrooms and showers are extremely old and rusted. In the new dorms, while each room haservice it's own bathroom, my shower never worked properly. Maintenance didn't fix it until the day I moved out.
  • College Sophomore
  • 5 months ago
  • Housing
The Greeks ate overall very helpful and kind. It does sick that women are not allowed houses, but the university provides cluster dorms for them. Fraternity houses range from movie level great, to borderline apartments in the ghetto. Greek events are some of the best on campus.
Sports mostly revolve around football and basketball with the occasional mention of baseball and softball. Women's spOrta are severely undercover and are hardly ever mentioned.
Although instructors mostly seem to care about students education, it can be very difficult to find them outside of office hours. Also, Student financial aid services are useless at informing individuals of what needs to be done ahead of time.
Great always see the UNA police around and it feels safe
Best decision of my life
  • College Senior
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
Very nice and home warming