University of New Orleans Reviews

My boyfriend goes to this school and when he brought me there a few times for his freshman orientation, it was very clean and the people there were very nice.
The university seems to be stuck between community college and public university. The technology in some colleges is falling behind, and a few of the buildings are in need of some repairs.
Easy transition from high school to college. From the advisors and counselors all the way to most of the professors, everyone is pretty friendly. I learned my way around campus pretty quickly and whenever I need help with something, there's always someone that is willing to help. They helped me work through multiple programs to help me decide on a major and help me set up a four year plan. The tuition isn't bad at all so that's a real bonus. Classes aren't extra large so the student to teacher ratio is good. Basically everyone is nice and is willing to help someone out.
Start Your Review of University of New Orleans
I love UNO because it is not a huge university. The professors are able to get to know you and help you one on one. Everyone is really nice and accepting.
Studying at U.N.O has been a fun and eye opening experience so far. I made new friends on the first day, have two great roommates and even though I am more of an introvert, I find myself participating in tons of college events. The food is good and the recreation center is cool too. I am very pleased with my experience. My only beef is the laundry room. The washing machines take a very long time to complete a cycle and the dryers leave damp spots on clothes. Barring the occasional run-ins with the laundering machines, campus life is good.
The university really care about their students. They have hired a few "D-list" teachers but for the most part they are great. The president of the school is VERY involved in the activities and the success of the students
The professors take their time to explain in detail the lectures and many cases are shown on how to put the learnings into practice. Also group projects train you for future job positions.
PROS
Campus is BEAUTIFUL!

Professors are very helpful.

Campus life is also very upbeat and helpful.

Excellent high rankings nationwide on academic programs.

Wonderful diversity of student backgrounds - come from all over the world. Lots of opportunities to learn from them 1st hand.

CONS
Very few athletic programs. No football. No frisbee. Would really like to see a reversal in this.

Also, Financial Aid services, though knowledgeable and helpful, are extremely slow.

No real help given to "what's the next step". A lot of assumptions made by the university that someone just automatically knows what to do next. Months wasted because of this.
The school is much more academically challenging than reviews let on. The professors genuinely care if the students retain information, so the workload is a little more than average for introductory courses. There's always free food and events around campus though!
Best Bang for your Buck! For the price of tuition compared to other state schools, UNO provides the best education for the least expense. We were rated high on some national list for least debt. A lot of my classmates graduate without taking any (required) loans. (Some take them so they can take advantage of the summer abroad programs.)

The student to faculty ratio is about 21:1 in my classes right now. The teachers do what they can to get you to your degree. And the campus is in that nice middle ground of not-too-small and not-too-big that you can walk to your classes easily.

UNO is not party school per se. Not a big name in athletics. But if that is your scene, the school is a bus stop away from a LOT of other schools that you can go to for those. And for the night life, I mean, this is New Orleans- there's some festival/event/concert every week it seems.

I enjoyed/am enjoying my stay here at UNO. Definitely a great choice.
University of New Orleans is a school that has given me an okay experience. If I could improve some things about the college I would try to improve the social environment and the tutoring setup. Academically the student will always have to put forth the most amount of effort towards their own success so having the tools so that they can put forth the effort such as tutoring is a must.
Overall I had a great experience my first year here. The campus is very diverse and you can meet many people from different places here.
The diversity in the college is great and the teachers are great. My student life experience was also awesome.
I'll be a freshmen in Fall semester 2017. I had a chance to visit this school a few months ago. It's impressive me because the campus is so big and beautiful. I'm also prefer the school's library with a lot of conveniences for students. I believe I'll get a good experience at this school
One major thing I loved about the university of New Orleans is how friendly the staff and teachers are! One thing I wish that could change is how friendly and caring the students are.
I like how the professors are approachable. I haven't run into any professor that does not seem genuinely interested in helping a student. I transferred from a private university and I realized that it does not take $80,000 a year to get a really awesome degree.
The University of New Orleans is a place of acceptance. Most of the students are nice and non judgmental. If you don't feel like you fit in most places, UNO will change your mind. They make everyone feel like they have a place in society.
Start Your Review of University of New Orleans
The school is very diverse and you could meet a lot of people. The campus is nice and all the building are close.
Philosophy Department is small, but top notch.
The online classes are excellent. People are nice. Classes are small which gives you more attention from professors. Professors are very committed. The tuition is low. New Orleans is a great City to be in. I love this school.
The university is great. A commuter campus but people still get involved. Being in New Orleans there are plenty of activities to get into. The academics are great and anyone will tell you it is not easy.