University of New Orleans Reviews

I love the University of New Orleans. I have received an amazing education and could not be more thankful. They have so many things to do inside and outside of the classroom. Affordable and cheap.
This university is really good and half the cost of other big university’s in Louisiana. You get a really good education and the environment makes it better to focus, being there’s not much distraction going on
UNO is probably one of the best universities in USA. It's one of the most diverse universities in USA.
Start Your Review of University of New Orleans
My experience at the University of New Olreans has been amazing so far. Most of my professors have been really informative as I learend so much from them from the classes I've taken as of right now. One thing I would like to see change is the way in which you could seek extra tutoring aside from what they already offer studetns to help out more with studying a certain material one might not understand.
Great school and great value. I spent 7 years at the school earning both undergraduate and graduate degrees. Over the years I look back and realized while the school is not the most pedigreed institution the academic rigor and affordability helped make me who I am today.
Great school, good teachers, the people here are down to earth and fun. The food options aren't very diverse and they definitely should work on their buildings, not to mention there isn't that much to do close by. But you still have fun.
University of New Orleans is a great school for those who are commuter students or transfer students particularly. It is not a traditional university that has a large student life, but there are things to do and activities are planned. The University challenges you academically, and a lot of the professors are invested in your education.
I really like the size of UNO, and the dedication that most of my teachers have to teaching the students.
University of New Orleans is an excellent university, I feel it gave me a firm foundation for future success. You can always tell a UNO graduate, they are very independent and confident.
UNO is a great school. It is very academic and research based. Any science major would be more than satisfied going to the University of New Orleans. Liberal Arts are not forgotten though - the Performing Arts Center is immaculate and all LA departments are well-staffed and helpful.
One thing I would like to see UNO do more is reach out to its students. It attempts to, but the social functions don't appeal to the student body like larger schools. They also are not the best with advertisement. I searched out schools in New Orleans and discovered this campus. Few people I was friends with in high school had even heard of UNO before I went there.
My boyfriend goes to this school and when he brought me there a few times for his freshman orientation, it was very clean and the people there were very nice.
The university seems to be stuck between community college and public university. The technology in some colleges is falling behind, and a few of the buildings are in need of some repairs.
Easy transition from high school to college. From the advisors and counselors all the way to most of the professors, everyone is pretty friendly. I learned my way around campus pretty quickly and whenever I need help with something, there's always someone that is willing to help. They helped me work through multiple programs to help me decide on a major and help me set up a four year plan. The tuition isn't bad at all so that's a real bonus. Classes aren't extra large so the student to teacher ratio is good. Basically everyone is nice and is willing to help someone out.
I love UNO because it is not a huge university. The professors are able to get to know you and help you one on one. Everyone is really nice and accepting.
Studying at U.N.O has been a fun and eye opening experience so far. I made new friends on the first day, have two great roommates and even though I am more of an introvert, I find myself participating in tons of college events. The food is good and the recreation center is cool too. I am very pleased with my experience. My only beef is the laundry room. The washing machines take a very long time to complete a cycle and the dryers leave damp spots on clothes. Barring the occasional run-ins with the laundering machines, campus life is good.
The university really care about their students. They have hired a few "D-list" teachers but for the most part they are great. The president of the school is VERY involved in the activities and the success of the students
The professors take their time to explain in detail the lectures and many cases are shown on how to put the learnings into practice. Also group projects train you for future job positions.
Start Your Review of University of New Orleans
PROS
Campus is BEAUTIFUL!

Professors are very helpful.

Campus life is also very upbeat and helpful.

Excellent high rankings nationwide on academic programs.

Wonderful diversity of student backgrounds - come from all over the world. Lots of opportunities to learn from them 1st hand.

CONS
Very few athletic programs. No football. No frisbee. Would really like to see a reversal in this.

Also, Financial Aid services, though knowledgeable and helpful, are extremely slow.

No real help given to "what's the next step". A lot of assumptions made by the university that someone just automatically knows what to do next. Months wasted because of this.
The school is much more academically challenging than reviews let on. The professors genuinely care if the students retain information, so the workload is a little more than average for introductory courses. There's always free food and events around campus though!
Best Bang for your Buck! For the price of tuition compared to other state schools, UNO provides the best education for the least expense. We were rated high on some national list for least debt. A lot of my classmates graduate without taking any (required) loans. (Some take them so they can take advantage of the summer abroad programs.)

The student to faculty ratio is about 21:1 in my classes right now. The teachers do what they can to get you to your degree. And the campus is in that nice middle ground of not-too-small and not-too-big that you can walk to your classes easily.

UNO is not party school per se. Not a big name in athletics. But if that is your scene, the school is a bus stop away from a LOT of other schools that you can go to for those. And for the night life, I mean, this is New Orleans- there's some festival/event/concert every week it seems.

I enjoyed/am enjoying my stay here at UNO. Definitely a great choice.