University of New Mexico Reviews

3,183 reviews
It is a big campus with a very diverse group of students, faculty and staff. It has multiple facilities and tutoring groups to help you with any type of study.
The community within the university is very diverse. Everyone is nice and the professors are very intelligent. The advisors are not the "best," so you really want to make sure you are on track to fulfill the requirements needed to graduate. There are many places to relax. The classes are not as rigorous as you would think.
Getting into UNM has been the best experience ever. I was a little afraid of transitioning from High school to college but with the help of my adviser the transition was easy and fun. I met the best people here and gained some really good friends. They have the best Spanish teachers.
Review University of New Mexico
The University of New Mexico is a college that provides many activities to be involved in on campus and in the community. The University is a highly diverse place providing so many oportunities to try new things and the experience new culture everyday. The University provides many different majors and their advisors are trained and ready to help with nearly anything the students may have concerns and questions about. Here they are involved in creating character and developing necessary skills for life outside of school. The one thing I would want to see changed here on campus is for faculty and staff to have a better understanding of student life, work, social, and family obligations. This would help to provide better scheduling on the professors part as well as better strategies to involve more students in activities around campus.
Currently, I am a freshmen at the University New Mexico. This university is great a university. The classes are great and the instructors are excellent. The campus is very nice and clean. There a lot of resources to help me with anything I need. The students are very diversity. The students are very nice. Campus life is very live all the time. This is a great college for everyone. I love being a lobo!
UNM is a great college to attend. As an in state resident, I have spent very little on tuition with the lottery scholarship. I am graduating with two degrees and feel that UNM has prepared me very well for the workforce.
UNM has a beautiful and safe campus. Professors are generally helpful and willing to work with students. UNM also has great athletic programs and teams. Located in ABQ downtown area, if the campus food doesn't hit the spot, there are many local restaurants within walking distance.
The campus is very pretty, and although it is large the longest walk is 20 minutes. The classes are fun, and the dorm buildings are pretty great.
This school has very many beneficial degree programs to choose from. They have a good academic environment, the people are good, they have lots of options and diversity. But, there is so much partying going on here. I also noticed that there is a big dropout rate here.
I would like to see the listening of student voices and immediate active involvement in their interests. Initiatives have gone long unnoticed and are only uncovered when students demonstrate their frustration.
I am a transfer student and I have excelled further than I ever anticipated within my area of study. I was also able to broaden that area of study with crossover from other major. A downside of UNM is that it is a horrible campus in terms of accessibility. If you are a wheelchair-user or utilize accessible structure then this campus would be a nightmare for you.
I may be biased towards it because I have lived in New Mexico all my life. However, the campus is really nice but it is in a sketchy neighborhood. That being said, they do have campus police and people to escort you when you're unsafe. I love my college experience so far.
I like how they have many useful resources. Students here have lots of school spirit. Advisors are very helpful. So far, classes have been manageable due to the help of teachers.
I recently transferred to UNM and I feel as if the education here is of the highest quality. All of my instructors generally care about me and want to see me succeed. I would like to see the environment on campus change because a lot of students seem to be rude and unwilling to connect to others.
The University of New Mexico has been a fantastic opportunity at an affordable price. Some of the professors are fantastic, and the courses are challenging.
I really think the University of New Mexico is a well run, first class University. There is many things to do around campus, as well as the surrounding area, as it sits in the middle of Albuquerque. I would not want to attend college anywhere else
My sister attends UNM and she absolutely loves it! I would love to go to the same college but I'm striving to get a full-ride scholarship! The dorms are spacious and clean. Their academics are definitely top-notch and very challenging. The food is delicious and one of the best out of the other colleges. Many College students are doing several other majors, so you'll almost never come across someone with the same degree as you! I hope to go to the University of New Mexico!
Review University of New Mexico
Great programs with a great place to be. Especially the medical program, one of the very best. Very diverse.
Overall the University of New Mexico is great. The campus is a little outdated but you barely notice. They try to offer you the most amenities and have great programs. There is something for everyone here.
Having spent my first two years of college at a large school and living in Houston, moving to a school half the size of UT was a major change in the feel of people. I recognize just about everyone and the teachers are able to focus more on the students because the classes aren't filled with 300+ people. The campus itself is beautiful with many opportunities to find something for everyone, despite its small size.