University of New Mexico is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
Mountain West Conference
University of New Mexico Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.191 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.202 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.202 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management522 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities250 Graduates
Corrections and Corrections Administration165 Graduates
Elementary Education145 Graduates
Spanish Language and Literature125 Graduates
Rhetoric and Composition109 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 122 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.242 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.304 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 123 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.124 responses
Colleges like University of New Mexico
- C+Central New Mexico Community College
- 2 Year
- Albuquerque, NM
- 1,172 reviews
- B-Eastern New Mexico University
- 4 Year
- Portales, NM
- 650 reviews
- BNew Mexico State University
- 4 Year
- Las Cruces, NM
- 2,795 reviews
- A-New Mexico Institute of Mining & Technology
- 4 Year
- Socorro, NM
- 517 reviews
University of New Mexico Reviews
This being my first year attending UNM has made me realized how much I've fallen in love with this campus. Coming to UNM has been an amazing experience because not only have I've met sensational friends but also I've been able to grow as a student. This university has been able to provide helpful resources like CAPS tutoring and awesome organizations to get involved in. I'm currently in the ASUNM Community Experience group, where we've been able to connect with a diverse amount of people by volunteering and helping out within the university and Albuquerque. Living on campus has also been an incredible experience because of our close net community. Every week there is something to do on campus, especially in the dormitories, like: cuddling a canine, carnivals, free movies and most importantly free food/snacks! Being a part of UNM has given me unforgettable memories, close friends and fun experiences.
I am graduating this upcoming May and would like to share my experience with the University of New Mexico. I love the close knit friendly campus and all the University offers. For starters, the campus is beautiful year-round. The duck pond, located in the center of main campus is known for being a wonderful relaxing place for students to rest. People even take their quincinera and wedding photos there! UNM also has a lot of resources available to students. There are a variety of resource centers like the LGBTQ Resource center, Women's resource center, Student Health and Counseling services, and many more! The campus is very open-minded and diverse ranging from students to staff. UNM also hosts a number of events with student well-being in mind. I have always felt that I could reach out to any department and get all the help I need. I am now graduating and will definitely miss UNM and all it has done for me.
The University of New Mexico has been a great experience for me as an undergrad! The campus is beautiful, the people are friendly, and the majority of professors are incredibly helpful and well-versed in their subjects. There's tons of events around campus all the time and an insane amount of clubs and organizations to get involved in. I love how many places there are to sit, study, eat, and even take a quick nap. I lived on campus my first year and had the best time. I now live in an apartment close to campus and walk because it's easier than parking. I really enjoy the atmosphere that comes with the closed campus. There are tons of restaurants and shops surrounding campus. You should be cautious walking alone at night around campus but that's true of any inner-city area. I love being a lobo and will carry what I've learned here with me for life! Everyone's a lobo, woof, woof, woof!