University of New Haven Reviews

2,165 reviews
I like how the teachers there are patient with the students and really take their time to hep the students be successful as much as possible. The teachers take great pride in helping students succeed in school. The only thing I would like to see change at the school is the food there and parking spaces there. The university needs more food options and parking spaces for the students attending the school.
I have had a great experience so far in my first year at this university. All the staff and professors are very open and friendly. They are always available to help you.
This coming fall I will be a sophomore at the University of New Haven, and from my personal experience the university is really dedicated to helping its students with academics, adjusting to college life, even writing a resume or applying for a job. The university is very inclusive and encourages diversity. The campus is beautiful and there is always something to do around campus. Also getting involved at the university is highly encouraged, as there are many clubs and sports teams to be apart of. The university could use some housing updates, and the food could be better but is not terrible. More tutors are needed in the center for learning resources, because I feel enough aren't available. Lastly, the surrounding area outside of the school is a little rundown, but downtown New Haven is really cool and I would definitely recommend checking it out.
Start Your Review of University of New Haven
Overall, my experience at UNH was positive and very rewarding. I was a nontraditional commuter student; therefore, party scenes were not a priority. My focus was to get an education, earn my degree and move forward. The professors I encountered provided challenging assignments which geared learning towards my current knowledge of the course subject. Did they know everything? Of course not. Who does? My academic experience at UNH helped me to research topics and think outside the box, kept me on my toes, and prepared me for the real world. Since graduating, I have obtained my Masters Degree, and taught as an Adjunct Professor at another university. And, I must acknowledge that my accomplishments were possible because of my undergraduate success at UNH.
I have been exposed to different opportunities that have helped me to grow intellectually and socially.
Classes are interesting and challenging. Professors are always accessible. Housing is pretty good but some buildings could use some updates. Food is rough sometimes.
The campus is small but everything is almost brand new. Since it is a small campus, you are able to get closer to your professors and have more one on one meetings to discuss your strengths and weaknesses in the course. The only down part is how expensive the university is.
I love their Forensics program, the staff is wonderful and always willingly to talk in case you need help. I love the classes and the professors for every one of my classes. It is just a wonderful experience at the school.
The atmosphere on campus is very accepting and encouraging. There is a lot of diversity, and there is a club or sport for everyone on campus. There are always fun events going on. As for academic experiences, there are so many resources for students to use in order to find help or tutoring.
I loved the classes and the professors in the Forensic Science department. I wish there were more affordable options for on-campus living and for meal plans.
The University of New Haven is by far the best school for anyone looking to major in Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, Forensic Psychology, National Security, Fire Science, etc. Our programs are unmatched by any other school.
The University of New Haven is a good school. Although, for the tuition to be 50K+ a year it needs much improvement. Beginning from staff, housing, and most importantly food. There are so many schools with cheaper tuition with more amenities and opportunities. University of New Haven needs to step it up. Majority of the time U of New Haven isn't what was advertised to us before deciding to attend the school especially in student diversity and equality.
As a student who just finished their freshman year at this university, there were a lot of good things, but it also had its areas where it could be improved. For one, they keep contructing new buildings in old parking lots on campus, causing commuters to search for a place to park for an hour and be late to class. There could also be more variety in the food, as it is basically the same things every day. As for the dorms, there is one building that is extremely cramped and uncomfortable, but all of the others are livable and comfortable.
Great. The people are so welcoming, funny and kind. The professors are helpful and also there when you need help.
University of New Haven has an excellent criminal justice program that allows us to utilize our analytical and critical thinking skills to help us excel academically. I do not regret my decision one bit
The University of New Haven is a very good college to attend. I am majoring in Criminal Justice and I am very happy with my education so far. There are many great professors that have real world experiences. This enhances the classroom experience for the students and helps me personally learn better.
Everyone is so friendly and informative from staff to the students. I’m looking forward to my daughter starting this fall.
Start Your Review of University of New Haven
While I only gave four stars to the university, it's only because nothing is perfect. Many times I hear some of my peers say "this school sucks", "this school has done nothing for me", but here is what I have to say to that, you are an adult. The University of New Haven has given me so many opportunities in the real world with internships and volunteer work. As a Sport Management major, the professors in my department are dedicated to making sure that we leave the university with the ability to get a full time job. They really do care about you and it just isn't the Sport Management department. YOU need to put yourself out there and get the help you need, there are plenty of guests speakers, social events, professional events that are going on campus. As I said previously, you are an adult, you need to make things happen for yourself. Yes, there are some professors that are questionably still teaching at the university but, that can go for every college. I would recommend going here.
What I liked about University of New Haven is they are able to give students an initial start on what they want to major by starting to do hands on. This is a way that can give students and opportunity to experience what there career is about and if it is their calling. I also enjoyed from New Haven was how students are dedicated in their education. New Haven showed how many students have graduated then from other colleges. This comes to prove that professors in New Haven are dedicated in being able to guide their students in their career. Changes New Haven can make is being able to go out to more high schools where low income students attend. This will show students how great of an education they provided. As well being able to provided more financial aid for low income students who desire to attend their New Haven.
I love the campus. It is a very welcoming environment. Most of the staff here have previously worked in the field that they teach.