University of New Hampshire at Manchester Reviews

The University of New Hampshire at Manchester is a place unlike an other to go to receive an education. The faculty and staff are there to help the students grow and they make themselves readily available when they notice any signs of struggle. The student population is extremely close as well. It is almost impossible to not turn a corner and see a group of students congregated in the hall taking about their academics, studying or simply relaxing together. UNHM is a place where one can feel at home and know that while they are receiving a quality education, they have people around them that are willing to help them reach their goals and succeed.
UNH Manchester is definitely for people who are more settled down, or for people who don’t really care about the party scene or student life. There are some clubs, and you can join Student Involvement which helps you meet new people. There’s a little café which sells Starbucks drinks, sandwhiches, parfaits, etc. If you don’t like any of the options there, Elm street is a minute away and there are a ton of restaurants and cafes there. The campus is in a single mill building, so you don’t have to go outside to get to class. I’m pretty sure athletics are none existent at UNH Manchester, although there is a running club if you count that. Finally, the teachers and classes I had my first semester were all fine. I liked the small size as opposed to the huge lecture style courses.
I love it here, I started at the Durham campus and it was alright, but I never felt like I was reaching my full potential. At UNHM, I am a person. I am on a first name basis with all of my professor, instead of being known by my 9-digit student ID number. The class sizes are small, which provides a more engaging and intellectual environment. I definitely feel I get my money's worth from this institution. The only thing I would change is more parking.
Start Your Review of University of New Hampshire at Manchester
Students definitely need to make their own experience at UNH Manchester. Those who aren't engaged in their learning will quickly realize why that won't work - but otherwise, this school can be a powerful tool for you to learn exactly what you want. It's small enough to work directly with professors and program directors to chart a custom course of study if that's what you want.
The professors are very helpful and enthusiastic
Students are encouraged to better their career with the help from professors
Great securities who offers to walk with student
Living at home is the best!
I am not in a Frat, however, do know some brothers
The school has a lot of school spirit!
The school is so small, that most professors will remember the students' name
They may seem like they want to help but they don't have a clue on what they are doing. Most of the "staff" are work study students. It's like the blind leading the blind. Need help paying for college? Well, go to the financial aid department, they will give you a robotic response and send you to a different department that "might know more about the answer to your question".
Not worth the time, money, or effort.
The security at this school is a joke.
Commuter school = good luck with that
No one takes notice in getting involved or starting athletic events. It's sad.
Campus is only 1 building so it's pretty safe
Start Your Review of University of New Hampshire at Manchester
UNHM has one of the best SLI programs in the country, career prospects are great
Professors in my major are some of the best in the country
No one really pays any attention to the Greek life here, not sure what's even available