High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.221 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.226 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.225 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 158 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.272 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.339 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.153 responses
University of Nevada - Reno Reviews
The University of Nevada, Reno overall is great! It is the perfect sized school both in physical size and student body population. The professors most of the time are very easy to work with and accessible. The University has also put in a great deal of money for programs to ensure that students are given more than enough tools to be successful. For example multiple free tutoring centers, great libraries, office hours, review sessions, and more but these are just for academic success. There is also a brand new beautiful four story fitness center free to students, free campus escort and bus routes for student transportation, many on campus job opportunities, and hundreds of different clubs, organizations, or fraternities/sororities that are useful for enjoying the social aspect of college, getting your feet wet in your field of work, or expanding your professional network. UNR is also very tolerant and socially accepting of all different races, cultures, and LGBT members.
I absolutely love my university! It is a wonderful place to obtain a higher education, meet new people, and make connections that will last forever. I am most excited about finishing my bachelors, starting research in my area of study, and finding the perfect mentor. The university is always being renovated and they are bringing in local restaurants, which have some of the best food on campus! The campus is a great place to spend your whole day, whether it is spent studying, in class, or meeting with friends and professors. The campus is quite large, so it does take some time to walk from the parking areas to your classes, but there are shuttle buses available!
The University of Nevada, Reno is a great college to go to! For people living around the Sacramento, CA area, it is a great college to go to where it is not too close and not too far at the same time. As an engineering student, they push you to graduate in 4 years which is great because they really help you with that. There are many clubs/organizations that are a lot of fun. These clubs help students out in the long run as it leads to connections for your specific career.The only downside I have with this university is that there is a lot of construction going on within the campus. But overall it is a beautiful campus!