High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.221 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.227 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.226 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 159 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.273 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.340 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.153 responses
University of Nevada - Reno Reviews
The University of Nevada, Reno overall is great! It is the perfect sized school both in physical size and student body population. The professors most of the time are very easy to work with and accessible. The University has also put in a great deal of money for programs to ensure that students are given more than enough tools to be successful. For example multiple free tutoring centers, great libraries, office hours, review sessions, and more but these are just for academic success. There is also a brand new beautiful four story fitness center free to students, free campus escort and bus routes for student transportation, many on campus job opportunities, and hundreds of different clubs, organizations, or fraternities/sororities that are useful for enjoying the social aspect of college, getting your feet wet in your field of work, or expanding your professional network. UNR is also very tolerant and socially accepting of all different races, cultures, and LGBT members.
The school is very nice and pretty modern for how old it is. The cities small and theres still plenty to do around the university, even with its small size. It is built on a slight incline so you'll be getting your exercise in every day by just going to your classes! I haven't been to any other schools but it seems as though most of my professors have cared about my success in terms of grades whenever I confront them. Ask questions and get to know your professors, most will be happy to help you reach whatever grade you want in the course as long as you put in the effort!
I absolutely love my university! It is a wonderful place to obtain a higher education, meet new people, and make connections that will last forever. I am most excited about finishing my bachelors, starting research in my area of study, and finding the perfect mentor. The university is always being renovated and they are bringing in local restaurants, which have some of the best food on campus! The campus is a great place to spend your whole day, whether it is spent studying, in class, or meeting with friends and professors. The campus is quite large, so it does take some time to walk from the parking areas to your classes, but there are shuttle buses available!