University of Nebraska at Omaha Reviews

1,165 reviews
I love that this college is not intimidating! There's always someone on campus to help you find directions or answer and questions.
I don't have much to say about what I don't like. But if I had to choose it'd be to have more food options.
UNO's location is perfect! It is located in a city that is busy and gives you city vibe but doesn't have all the commotion and distractions of an actual big city. The professors are great and very helpful, they all want to see you truly succeed. Dorm options are amazing compared to that of other colleges and within the diverse student body you are sure to find a crowd, group, club or team that you will fit right in with.
UNO is a great school that I can't wait to attend, the campus is beautiful and close to home. There are tons of opportunities and activities for me to be a part with an excellent high jump coach.
Start Your Review of University of Nebraska at Omaha
The University of Nebraska at Omaha is a terrific university to attend. It is a commuter school as well as a first choice for international students. I love the faculty and programs that the school has to offer.
Having it be my first year here at the University of Nebraska Omaha it has been amazing. The professors are friendly and want you to succeed, that being said most of them will go out of their way to help you or provide you with information to get help. There are a lot of activities from social events to educational. Athletic events are fun as there are pregame parties with free food and gifts. During the game they have games that students get to participate and get a chance at winning another prize. The campus is very easy to navigate and there are a lot of restaurants near by as well as connivence and retail stores.
The University of Nebraska at Omaha packs a poignant punch for the surprisingly underwhelming nature of the campus, compared to other State Universities around the country. The tuition costs are a life-saver, enabling students of all backgrounds the ability to gain an college education without racking up a crippling debt while doing so. The educators are generally friendly mid-westerners, raised and educated in similar economic and sociological situations as their students, who are eager to help in every way they can. The University offers plenty of immersive resources, which help prepare graduates for the real world after college, and allow for an easy transition into the career of his or her choice. I love UNO, and would recommend it to anyone who grew up in the surrounding area, and who wish to expand their world like I did.
UNO is unique because it is primarily a commuter college so for me being from out of state I knew no one. However, living on campus I've found it to be a very tight knit welcoming community and although it is 15,000 students I always see the same people. Its the perfect mix of large university with a small campus feel. The dorms are awesome, basically having an apartment. You get your own bedroom with a full kitchen and living room area. There are always ways to get involved and have an awesome college experience.
Great College to attend as its very diverse with most students coming from other countries. The professors generally are nice and authentic to your success. The food is a bit pricey for being average so if you can eat elsewhere do it. the surrounding area is near bookstores such as barnes and nobles, starbucks and fast food. The only thing I wish that would change is that advisors have too much control on classes that you would like to take and have to provide permission for certain classes.
I've had a decent experience at University of Nebraska at Omaha. The teachers, staff was wonderful- assisting me in what i needed to handle from my end. However, the academic advisers are few and far between, I have been working on my classes to graduate, only to hear from my academic adviser in my last semester. Glad to get my degree Summer 2018!
Overall, UNO is a good college, they should improve their shuttle system, and the library should stay open for longer. Professors are qualified and I enjoy going to class.
I really enjoy my time at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. When I was picking a college to attend, I instantly liked that the university had relatively small class sizes and had a small community feeling. The campus is a nice size. I love my dorm because of the apartment style rooms. The full kitchen is great so that my roommates and I can prepare our own food. I like that their is an option to pay for a meal plan and go to the food court if you do not want to cook. My dorm is at Scott Campus and the Aksarben area is wonderful to live next too. I can walk to the movie theater or the many restaurants in the area.
Great if you don't sit around in your dorm. Join clubs and talk to people in your classes. Your networking skills will probably determine how much fun you have in college. Make sure to go hang out with people on the weekends. Lots of late nights and great memories. Also go to hockey and soccer games... Great atmosphere.
I like the academics and the professors are phenomenal here on campus. It is very small geographically, but has just about as many faces as you would see in a mid-sized town.
I have not been at the university for long but what I have been around for has been a great start, I work on campus and my co-workers are amazing and always supportive of each other
It's not great, but it's not bad. Granted, you'll get plenty of crap from the crappier teachers, although the math department is exceptional. When I went to this university, I had little to no experience with math. I came out with a much greater interest.

Other departments....you'll just have to deal with it as it comes. The language department is depressing. Everyone is always running around trying to learn Spanish. It seems like it's the only language that matters here. Sure, you'll find German, French, Arabic, Latin, and Chinese, but they don't get the respect or attention Spanish gets.

The history department is also not great. Take a class with Charles King at your own risk. He's quiz heavy, exam heavy, and a hard guy to deal with. He never smiles, never tries to get to know the students, and he starts the semester the same way: with a middle finger to the students. Some crap about not getting respect from some students due to grading issues.
I think the faculty at the University are what really make it special. In my experience, they take the time to help you succeed that many other professors wouldn't. I would like to see more funding go to the arts rather than being spent on a hockey rink that we didn't need.
Affordable University with knowledgable and nice faculty and staff members. Very diverse and welcoming environment. Campus is friendly and all buildings are easy to find.
Start Your Review of University of Nebraska at Omaha
I have loved my experience at UNO. the campus is beautiful, The professors have time to visit with students. I am a commuter, the parking situation is not ideal, but other than that great experience
UNO is a wonderful school. The professors care about the students and want to see them succeed. You will meet so many amazing people and there are always so many fun activities planned on campus. You can get involved in so many different ways through all of the clubs and organizations.
The University of Nebraska at Omaha has a great college setting. There are a lot of international students, which is very appealing so you can see hear the different world views and experiences of different people. Living in West Omaha my whole life, there were few minorities. Also, at my 99 percent white high school, when I got to college I was slightly shocked and definitely saw the vast color hues of different people. There are a lot of events that freshmen could take part in to meet lots of people. I would change the fact that it is very calm. There is NO party life- well, maybe there is a little but that is only is sororities and fraternities and who would even want to be a part of that?