University of Nebraska at Omaha Reviews

1,172 reviews
That care soo much for their students and are willling to do anything to help them succeed. They have great staff and programs to help the students.
University of Nebraska at Omaha has become a second home to me! There is a great sense of community on campus and so many groups and organizations that welcome any and everyone. Being a disabled student, I have been very grateful to the accessibilities department for helping me with transportation needs, as well as having professors that are willing to work with me to make sure that I can succeed!
I love that UNO and the staff there that I have run into so far. They do a great job, in my opinion of taking care of students that are on campus. They have fairly decent food on campus (some better than others). Everything is always very clean and they try to keep ever building as updated as possible. I love UNO and when I have to go to Creighton to finish out my degree (because they do not have an Occupational Therapy program) I will really miss it!
Start Your Review of University of Nebraska at Omaha
UNO is very diverse and has students from many different backgrounds and also have resource for them. Most of the professors are very helpful and caring. The campus is also has very nice scenery. The school is big but not overly crowded. UNO is also a safe campus.
I like how small of a school it is and how close all the buildings are. It makes walking from class to class easy. Also, the people are friendly. One thing I would like to see improve is a better sense of community within the college.
Great and amazing college, the staff seem friendly and helpful and the professors seem very passionate about what they are doing.
It is a very good experience as a student of University of Nebraska Omaha. I worked here as a graduate teaching assistant in the department of mathrmatics staffs are excellent. My supervisor dr Mahbubul majumder is an excellent guy with his supervision.
I love that this college is not intimidating! There's always someone on campus to help you find directions or answer and questions.
I don't have much to say about what I don't like. But if I had to choose it'd be to have more food options.
UNO's location is perfect! It is located in a city that is busy and gives you city vibe but doesn't have all the commotion and distractions of an actual big city. The professors are great and very helpful, they all want to see you truly succeed. Dorm options are amazing compared to that of other colleges and within the diverse student body you are sure to find a crowd, group, club or team that you will fit right in with.
UNO is a great school that I can't wait to attend, the campus is beautiful and close to home. There are tons of opportunities and activities for me to be a part with an excellent high jump coach.
The University of Nebraska at Omaha is a terrific university to attend. It is a commuter school as well as a first choice for international students. I love the faculty and programs that the school has to offer.
Having it be my first year here at the University of Nebraska Omaha it has been amazing. The professors are friendly and want you to succeed, that being said most of them will go out of their way to help you or provide you with information to get help. There are a lot of activities from social events to educational. Athletic events are fun as there are pregame parties with free food and gifts. During the game they have games that students get to participate and get a chance at winning another prize. The campus is very easy to navigate and there are a lot of restaurants near by as well as connivence and retail stores.
The University of Nebraska at Omaha packs a poignant punch for the surprisingly underwhelming nature of the campus, compared to other State Universities around the country. The tuition costs are a life-saver, enabling students of all backgrounds the ability to gain an college education without racking up a crippling debt while doing so. The educators are generally friendly mid-westerners, raised and educated in similar economic and sociological situations as their students, who are eager to help in every way they can. The University offers plenty of immersive resources, which help prepare graduates for the real world after college, and allow for an easy transition into the career of his or her choice. I love UNO, and would recommend it to anyone who grew up in the surrounding area, and who wish to expand their world like I did.
UNO is unique because it is primarily a commuter college so for me being from out of state I knew no one. However, living on campus I've found it to be a very tight knit welcoming community and although it is 15,000 students I always see the same people. Its the perfect mix of large university with a small campus feel. The dorms are awesome, basically having an apartment. You get your own bedroom with a full kitchen and living room area. There are always ways to get involved and have an awesome college experience.
Great College to attend as its very diverse with most students coming from other countries. The professors generally are nice and authentic to your success. The food is a bit pricey for being average so if you can eat elsewhere do it. the surrounding area is near bookstores such as barnes and nobles, starbucks and fast food. The only thing I wish that would change is that advisors have too much control on classes that you would like to take and have to provide permission for certain classes.
I've had a decent experience at University of Nebraska at Omaha. The teachers, staff was wonderful- assisting me in what i needed to handle from my end. However, the academic advisers are few and far between, I have been working on my classes to graduate, only to hear from my academic adviser in my last semester. Glad to get my degree Summer 2018!
Overall, UNO is a good college, they should improve their shuttle system, and the library should stay open for longer. Professors are qualified and I enjoy going to class.
Start Your Review of University of Nebraska at Omaha
I really enjoy my time at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. When I was picking a college to attend, I instantly liked that the university had relatively small class sizes and had a small community feeling. The campus is a nice size. I love my dorm because of the apartment style rooms. The full kitchen is great so that my roommates and I can prepare our own food. I like that their is an option to pay for a meal plan and go to the food court if you do not want to cook. My dorm is at Scott Campus and the Aksarben area is wonderful to live next too. I can walk to the movie theater or the many restaurants in the area.
Great if you don't sit around in your dorm. Join clubs and talk to people in your classes. Your networking skills will probably determine how much fun you have in college. Make sure to go hang out with people on the weekends. Lots of late nights and great memories. Also go to hockey and soccer games... Great atmosphere.
I like the academics and the professors are phenomenal here on campus. It is very small geographically, but has just about as many faces as you would see in a mid-sized town.