University of Nebraska at Omaha Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.73 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.85 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.85 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies226 Graduates
Business Administration and Management132 Graduates
Elementary Education119 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities92 Graduates
High School Education81 Graduates
Banking and Finance73 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.100 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.130 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.54 responses
University of Nebraska at Omaha Reviews
UNO's location is perfect! It is located in a city that is busy and gives you city vibe but doesn't have all the commotion and distractions of an actual big city. The professors are great and very helpful, they all want to see you truly succeed. Dorm options are amazing compared to that of other colleges and within the diverse student body you are sure to find a crowd, group, club or team that you will fit right in with.
I've had a decent experience at University of Nebraska at Omaha. The teachers, staff was wonderful- assisting me in what i needed to handle from my end. However, the academic advisers are few and far between, I have been working on my classes to graduate, only to hear from my academic adviser in my last semester. Glad to get my degree Summer 2018!
The University of Nebraska at Omaha packs a poignant punch for the surprisingly underwhelming nature of the campus, compared to other State Universities around the country. The tuition costs are a life-saver, enabling students of all backgrounds the ability to gain an college education without racking up a crippling debt while doing so. The educators are generally friendly mid-westerners, raised and educated in similar economic and sociological situations as their students, who are eager to help in every way they can. The University offers plenty of immersive resources, which help prepare graduates for the real world after college, and allow for an easy transition into the career of his or her choice. I love UNO, and would recommend it to anyone who grew up in the surrounding area, and who wish to expand their world like I did.