University of Nebraska at Kearney Reviews

I have absolutely loved my experience here. The campus is very "heads-up" and makes it easy to get to know other people. I have found some of my best friends here. The professors genuinely care about their students and will do everything in their power to help students succeed.
Great student life Great student lifeGreat student lifeGreat student lifeGreat Great student life lifeGreat student lifeGreat student lifeGreat student lifeGreat student lifeGreat student lifeGreat student Great student life student life student life student life student life student life student life student life student lifeGreat Great student life lifeGreat Great student life student life student life life
I was extremely skeptical about UNK because I'm from Kearney, but after starting here I have never felt so at home... so surprised! I haven't made too many friends in class yet but I enjoy my area of study and the professors.
Start Your Review of University of Nebraska at Kearney
I absolutely love the University of Nebraska at Kearney. It is a great college with a lot of options as far as Greek life and other organizations. I choose Kearney because it is very affordable and not too small, but not too big.
I have been at UNK for almost a year now and it is completely different being on the campus than it is from the outside. I have really experienced every aspect of the school from academics, to sports, to music, to greek life and I have really enjoyed my experience. The school is small enough that you can get close with your professors and advisors while being involved in as much as you would like but big enough that when you want to switch friend groups or join something new, there is always something for you to do. I really think that if you are from the midwest that this is the place to go.
It's taken me some time to fall in love with UNK but now I wouldn't go anywhere else. The academics are at a decent level for a state college. I love living on campus because it makes going to class about a 5 minute walk and attending the activities convenient. The cafeteria isn't the best food but we have Subway and a market you can buy groceries at along with opening a Chick-Fil-A. Our sports teams aren't good but the games are still fun because people get so into them. The local area is small to me but I know for most people it offers a lot. Overall, I wouldn't change where I chose to spend my four years at college.
This university is placed in a good setting and it provides remarkable education in such a low price. The community of Kearney is good and I think it is really important for you to have your study environment as peaceful as it can be. Though some buildings are quite old, there is undergoing of new STEM building which is state-of-the-art architecture.
The good thing about studying at the University of Nebraska - Kearney is that it offers a lot of opportunities for students to find what they are interested in. At first, I was not sure what I wanted to do but with the help of my (many different) academic advisors I was finally able to narrow it down. It helps to know that your advisors are genuinely interested in the well-being of their students and their success. One thing that could be improved is the diversity on campus; while there are multiple groups that are meant to include everyone, they usually do not work as well as they are supposed to. The campus just needs to be a little more inclusive for everyone to feel comfortable getting a degree here.
Ive never been a student at Kearny but overall just for me to go to a visit I have been greeted with helpful smiles and they could answer every question ive had about the school. I like how it is a smaller school than UNL and provides an efficient and well-taught learning system. What i would change is the price of attending the college.
Although I've only gone to visit, I believe the campus is top notch. I start classes there in the fall and I cannot wait.
My experience at the University of Nebraska at Kearney has been very good. I have meet a lot of people and have made several life long friendships. The academic part is excellent! The class sizes are the perfect size, not too big but not too small. The professors are very easy to talk to if you have any question. I have enjoyed my time here at Kearney! It is a great school.
Kearney is a great step for those coming from rural, small town life. It is nicely situated in the middle of the state, close enough to the city to visit but far enough a way to be peaceful. The class size is small enough to get to know your professors if you want but big enough to slip in and out if that is more your style. Your achievements are in your hands!
UNK is an excellent college the professor like to get to know you personally, the campus is clean and I’ve never felt unsafe while at UNK. Go Lopers!!
The University of Kearney Nebraska is a beautiful campus, especially in the spring and fall months. The small town feel makes it easy to get comfortable and adapt quickly.
I love the opportunities provided at UNK along with the diversity. Although, I would like to see more areas to people among the campus can park.
I love the feel of the university. The faculty really cares about the students and this has turned into my home away from home.
I love how personal the campus and classes are. You don't have large lecture classes where you are one of 500 other students. It is really nice to get to know your Professors and classmates personally. I love being able to walk to class within 15 minutes and I feel like I belong here.
Start Your Review of University of Nebraska at Kearney
It is a smaller school which is nice because you actually get to meet and talk with your teachers. The party scene is a bit too much for how small the school is but it is fun to go out every now and then. I would like to see improvement on the food at the school because it is better than highschool food but not by much. For the cost of attending the University of Nebraska at Kearney I would recommend going there.
At UNK I have found many people who are different from me but also very alike. Everyone is very driven for their studies and there are so many teachers/resources that are open to you. Choosing UNK as my college was a great choice for my budget and for the education that I want for my future.
The University of Nebraska at Kearney feels like a home away from home. The professors at UNK work with you closely to give you every chance to succeed. The people at UNK are what make the place so special.