University of Montevallo Reviews

My experience at Montevallo was a wonderful one. Everyone there is so nice and it's all smiles. I feel like I'm at home, when I'm on the campus of Montevallo.
UM has maintained a friendly, nurturing atmosphere among faculty with students. UM can brag about having the best Theatre department in the state!! The Speech pathology department has grown into a world class level of training. The English department has boasted of talented, prize winning writers and educators for more than half a century. The Music department stands superior, far above much larger universities on the state. And athletics is thriving with winning seasons in baseball, basketball, & volleyball. Montevallo is in a class by itself, retaining Southern gentility and an innate appreciation for culture, manners, and acceptance.
Montevallo is beautiful and the sense of community with students and staff on campus is overwhelming. The internet service could stand to be a bit more dependable, but everything else is great! Even the caf food!
Review University of Montevallo
I love Montevallo and what they have to offer! My Freshman I learned about Student Life and how they are involved with the school. I enjoy living on campus. I also enjoy not having a football team because its shows the importance of liberal arts.
The classes are very small, which is nice because professors know their students' names. The campus is small, so getting from class to class is very fast and easy. The cafeteria is pretty good for a school cafeteria, and there are many places to eat off campus. There are many clubs and opportunities to participate in extracurricular activities. The only thing that I don't like is that many classes are based on Canvas, so you have to get assignments offline, even though you physically go to your classes.
Montevallo is also a very diverse school with people from all different backgrounds. There is a medium sized foreign student population.
It's a safe campus, because there are always campus police around and there are light poles with emergency intercoms so if you're worried about someone following you, you can hit the emergency button and the police will come help you.
The party scene isn't very big, but there is one HUGE party every year, along with some normal college parties.
My experience at Montevallo was great. I was a commuter student, but I had friends who lived on campus. I graduated from the education department. All of the professors were incredible. They were very knowledgeable about the topics they taught. I am currently a special education teacher in a wonderful school system because I was recommended for the job by one of my professors. I can't say enough wonderful things about the University of Montevallo.
I transferred to the University of Montevallo from a junior college and my experience has been nothing but great so far! The campus is small but with all of the features a large university would have! I'm going to be double majoring starting next semester and plan on getting my master's degree as soon as possible after graduating! I love the environment at this school and wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else!
The amazing thing about the university of montevallo is that they make you feel like your at home. They are also helpful.
It is easy to apply to the scholarships that they offer. Niche offers different type of scholarships for the different majors. I like how the scholarships that they provide includes no essay scholarships or no requirements needed.
My experience so far at the University of Montevallo has been great. I have made some life long friends and everyone is friendly. I like how small this school is because we are able to form a relationship with the teachers. Also, you can walk to class by seeing at least one familiar face. What I would like to see change is having more major options. This school is known for their fine arts program and education program. Therefore, there is a good amount of options for those majors, but not for the others. For example, they lack in social work majors, business, and much more.
I absolutely love this school! This is my home away from home as they like to say. the classes are small and I get to do what I love on a daily basis! I have never been more happy and passionate about my education ever, the faculty here know you by name and treat you so well. Karen is the photography teacher here and might I say she is my favourite person on campus! she is so nice and welcoming and is also so so passionate about her job as most of the professors working here are! I cannot wait to continue my career path here!
Montevallo is everything you want from a small-town college. Professors are friendly an genuinely interested in students' success. Classes are very small, even in lower-level classes. It's easy to walk everywhere. It's also very easy to get involved in campus life as a freshman through traditions such as College Night.
This is the best college I've ever visited and the best choice I ever made! All of the professors are so helpful, accessible, friendly, caring, and very intelligent. I have never felt out of place here or like a burden to any of the staff. The size of the classes is perfect and the campus is beautiful!
I am a current high school junior at Montevallo High. For the most part, the the University of Montevallo interacts with the high school to the best of their ability. All high school grades take trips through the year to the college to grasp an idea on college life, and everything I have personal witnessed has made a positive impact on me or other student.
The University Of Montevallo has a great campus, and the school is very appealing. I am planning to view the whole campus in December of 2016. Montevallo will be a great school for me to attend, I am looking forward of being apart of class 2021 at The University Of Montevallo.
I think a lot of people initially come to Montevallo looking for a degree in theatre arts or music performance, but end up switching their major to something more realistic. While people who switch will have a greater chance of finding a career, those in the performing arts are going to have a lot tougher time finding a career.
So far, my professors have been nothing short of excellent, and there is diversity in enough of the faculty to keep class interesting. The variety of courses could be better but with a small college like Montevallo, it is difficult to have enough people to make certain classes available so it's understandable. Class sizes are almost the size they are in a typical public high school.
Review University of Montevallo
I think safety wise, Montevallo is very progressive in ensuring that its residents feel secure with the campus police constantly monitoring the length of the campus and being so small, it feels that they can be anywhere in seconds (probably could). Health is up to par but some amenities could be a little more modernized internally.
It's a pretty typical college housing experience. I personally think they are too pricey for the rooms that you get, but living on campus is definitely a worthwhile experience that will earn you a lot of potential friends.
The Greek life at Montevallo directly mirrors the social environment of the campus- there are some really weird people that fit into really weird frats or sororities but that's just how it goes! Most people that are involved on campus in some way are Greek, but that says nothing about how "required" being Greek is to have fun and get to know people.