University of Montevallo Reviews

Great professors, great class size, beautiful campus, and fantastic scholarships. However, I think that administration needs to allocate resources more responsibly than they currently are and focus on promoting academic responsibility to and retaining their student body.
The campus is beautiful! The students are very diverse so it is not hard to find someone that you would get along with. Greek life is not like anywhere else! There are not too many students so there are plenty of opportunities to get involved. Homecoming aka College Night is the longest running homecoming tradition any school has in the country. The town is small but it is not far for the city of Birmingham so there’s always something to do! The only things that I would fix are some of the dorms and the food in the cafeteria but you would probably want to fix those things at most schools!
Montevallo is a very unique place, with great professors and a beautiful campus. It is a small school and very arts focused as it is a liberal arts school.
Start Your Review of University of Montevallo
I don't go there but I did tour the campus and from what I saw it was pretty nice. I would go here. the people were nice and the campus was pretty, one of my top choices of colleges.
I am so excited to attend the University of Montevallo, I have stayed a weekend there with a senior that is graduating and attended her classes. I play on being a music and was overwhelmed with the joy I felt being there and being taught by the teacher. The food is great as well! The campus and the dorms are beautiful. Definitely the college for me!!!
I love the campus and the environment that the place creates. I'm very proud to call this my school of choice and I want to make them and I look proud
My experience at Montevallo has been wonderful. My professors are very helpful and make it their first priority to make sure everyone fully understands what is being taught. Everyone on campus is so nice and it's pretty easy to make friends here.
The University of Montevallo is a small school with a beautiful campus and a close-knit community, though it can be difficult to make friends here if you hold more conservative social/political views. Also, there is not much to do off-campus unless you are willing to drive to Birmingham, which is about forty five minutes away. However, overall my experience has been a very positive one, and I would definitely recommend the school to prospective students.
The University of Montevallo is amazing! They made my transition from community college a relatively easy and painless process. I'm glad that I made the decision to come here.
My experience at Montevallo was a wonderful one. Everyone there is so nice and it's all smiles. I feel like I'm at home, when I'm on the campus of Montevallo.
UM has maintained a friendly, nurturing atmosphere among faculty with students. UM can brag about having the best Theatre department in the state!! The Speech pathology department has grown into a world class level of training. The English department has boasted of talented, prize winning writers and educators for more than half a century. The Music department stands superior, far above much larger universities on the state. And athletics is thriving with winning seasons in baseball, basketball, & volleyball. Montevallo is in a class by itself, retaining Southern gentility and an innate appreciation for culture, manners, and acceptance.
Montevallo is beautiful and the sense of community with students and staff on campus is overwhelming. The internet service could stand to be a bit more dependable, but everything else is great! Even the caf food!
I love Montevallo and what they have to offer! My Freshman I learned about Student Life and how they are involved with the school. I enjoy living on campus. I also enjoy not having a football team because its shows the importance of liberal arts.
The classes are very small, which is nice because professors know their students' names. The campus is small, so getting from class to class is very fast and easy. The cafeteria is pretty good for a school cafeteria, and there are many places to eat off campus. There are many clubs and opportunities to participate in extracurricular activities. The only thing that I don't like is that many classes are based on Canvas, so you have to get assignments offline, even though you physically go to your classes.
Montevallo is also a very diverse school with people from all different backgrounds. There is a medium sized foreign student population.
It's a safe campus, because there are always campus police around and there are light poles with emergency intercoms so if you're worried about someone following you, you can hit the emergency button and the police will come help you.
The party scene isn't very big, but there is one HUGE party every year, along with some normal college parties.
My experience at Montevallo was great. I was a commuter student, but I had friends who lived on campus. I graduated from the education department. All of the professors were incredible. They were very knowledgeable about the topics they taught. I am currently a special education teacher in a wonderful school system because I was recommended for the job by one of my professors. I can't say enough wonderful things about the University of Montevallo.
I transferred to the University of Montevallo from a junior college and my experience has been nothing but great so far! The campus is small but with all of the features a large university would have! I'm going to be double majoring starting next semester and plan on getting my master's degree as soon as possible after graduating! I love the environment at this school and wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else!
The amazing thing about the university of montevallo is that they make you feel like your at home. They are also helpful.
Start Your Review of University of Montevallo
It is easy to apply to the scholarships that they offer. Niche offers different type of scholarships for the different majors. I like how the scholarships that they provide includes no essay scholarships or no requirements needed.
My experience so far at the University of Montevallo has been great. I have made some life long friends and everyone is friendly. I like how small this school is because we are able to form a relationship with the teachers. Also, you can walk to class by seeing at least one familiar face. What I would like to see change is having more major options. This school is known for their fine arts program and education program. Therefore, there is a good amount of options for those majors, but not for the others. For example, they lack in social work majors, business, and much more.
I absolutely love this school! This is my home away from home as they like to say. the classes are small and I get to do what I love on a daily basis! I have never been more happy and passionate about my education ever, the faculty here know you by name and treat you so well. Karen is the photography teacher here and might I say she is my favourite person on campus! she is so nice and welcoming and is also so so passionate about her job as most of the professors working here are! I cannot wait to continue my career path here!