University of Montevallo is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
Peach Belt Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.45 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.49 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.50 responses
Most Popular Majors
Elementary Education51 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies42 Graduates
Speech Language Pathology36 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication31 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services28 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.51 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.57 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.33 responses
University of Montevallo Reviews
UM has maintained a friendly, nurturing atmosphere among faculty with students. UM can brag about having the best Theatre department in the state!! The Speech pathology department has grown into a world class level of training. The English department has boasted of talented, prize winning writers and educators for more than half a century. The Music department stands superior, far above much larger universities on the state. And athletics is thriving with winning seasons in baseball, basketball, & volleyball. Montevallo is in a class by itself, retaining Southern gentility and an innate appreciation for culture, manners, and acceptance.
The homecoming tradition, College Night, makes it an easy pick as far as liberal arts schools in the Southeast go. Since the classes are small, the teachers are much more readily available than say Auburn University or University of Alabama. I would choose this college again just for the experience of Montevallo! Ask anyone who is attending or has attended and they will tell you it is a completely unique experience.
Montevallo is beautiful and the sense of community with students and staff on campus is overwhelming. The internet service could stand to be a bit more dependable, but everything else is great! Even the caf food!