High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.37 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.41 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.41 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.60 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.81 responses
After University of Missouri - St. Louis
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.26 responses
University of Missouri - St. Louis Reviews
Review University of Missouri - St. Louis
I enjoyed the friendly welcome and the willingness of people-both students and faculty-to help. I also enjoyed my time at the honors college. I would like to see more options for food. I would also like for the infrastructure of the entire campus to have a massive overhaul. Seriously, people are constantly driving in the opposite lane to avoid the potholes lining every inch of the campus. I would also enjoy not having to be alerted about an abduction/carjacking/homicide near campus every week, but that's just North County.
UMSL is a nice school. Initially, I didn't like it because it wasn't like the big universities I saw on TV and I being a first generation college student, I didn't know there was a difference in universities. The professors are good. I've had more good ones than bad. I've had maybe 3 or 4 that were just exceptional. I am currently in my senior year, so in hindsight, 3 or 4 exceptional professors about of about 30 isn't so good. Student life is a struggle. It isn't super easy to make friends and since its a commuter school, after about 2 or 3 in the afternoon, hardly anyone is on campus. Campus events usually don't have a superb turnout either. The school is good if you want to get in and out but not really for the "college experience" one would expect. The financial aid people suck and want to ruin your life. They have been my biggest issue in the time I've spent at UMSL. They can be very rude and (I hate to say) incompetent on the material and tools students need.
The Music Education Program is great! I have progressed in my musical training & also has wonderful opportunities to work with current high school students. It has been quite rewarding! UMSL has so much to offer for learning & experience.