University of Missouri - Kansas City Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.66 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.71 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.72 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities173 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies91 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration53 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.94 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.120 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 57 responsesReport
- Great programs and professors39%
- Fun, diverse, great professors,welcome environment16%
- Fun atmosphere but professional when it counts12%
- People take it seriously, it is pre-professional11%
- Good professors and classes, a fun school7%
- Great professors and classes, not a fun school5%
- Welcoming to traditional and nontraditional studen5%
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.47 responses
University of Missouri - Kansas City Reviews
The faculty at UMKC is friendly, knowledgeable, and equipped to do their job. Most of the classes I have been in have been relatively small, which is nice becuase this makes it much easier to connect with teachers and students. UMKC offers a wide variety of majors, events, and opportunities for each and every student to participate in. The UMKC environment is condusive to learning. There are many computer labs and coffee shops throughout campus available for students to take advantage of as they study or even just want to hang out with friends. The scenery throughout the UMKC campus is beautiful in all seasons, and correct measures have been taken to make the campus environment feel safe.
UMKC offers top notch programs and countless resources to their student. Although UMKC is a beautiful campus, it is located in a high-crime area of Kansas City. The professors at UMKC are very understanding and provide opportunities for extra assistance with courses. UMKC promotes that it's campus is highly commuter friendly, but it lacks many resources, involvement opportunities, and academic assistance to the many commuters who attend. The diversity at UMKC is unmatched.
I am a Junior in the University of Missouri-Kansas City's School of Nursing and Health Studies program. I appreciate the intimate class sizes and have had several dynamic, passionate professors throughout my courses thus far. The instructors are always willing and available to help explain areas that require extensive clarification. Supplemental instruction, something I benefit from, is offered for several courses and they have concrete plans to expand this program. The School of Nursing and Health Studies is affordable, competitive, and hold high expectations for their students. An area that could use some improvement is organization. For example, there is a deadline for clinical requirements and they were not addressed until mid semester this year. Another area of weakness could be communication between faculty and staff. There was a change in the plan of study that a professor let me know about and my academic advisor wasn't aware of the change until I brought it to her attention.