University of Missouri - Kansas City Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.66 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.74 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.75 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities204 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies96 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration57 Graduates
Computer Science54 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.97 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.123 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 60 responsesReport
- Great programs and professors37%
- Fun, diverse, great professors,welcome environment20%
- Fun atmosphere but professional when it counts12%
- People take it seriously, it is pre-professional10%
- Good professors and classes, a fun school7%
- Great professors and classes, not a fun school5%
- Welcoming to traditional and nontraditional studen5%
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.47 responses
University of Missouri - Kansas City Reviews
I majored in Health Sciences. I enjoyed my courses and the professors but my degree is too broad. I recommend specializing from the get-go; major in something specific like Nursing (UMKC has a fantastic nursing program) or Law, Medicine, Dental, etc. However, UMKC is a great school and is very diverse. It's affordable compared to most four year universities. I would definitely reapply for Nursing or a master's degree program in the future!
I've been at this school for over a year now and the professors always bend over backwards to help you in any way, shape or form. I love that because college is extremely stressful, especially when things at home arent ideal. I love the student union and the fact that it seems like your printing allowance never ends. One thing i wish theyd add to the campus is affordable scooters to ride when your classes are on opposite sides of the campus. But hey, im an advocate for exercise! I love this school and the people that are in it. It's a family here.
I love UMKC. They offer a lot of extracurricular activities if you aren’t an athlete for a very low cost! They also offer a school shuttle that transports you safely back and forth from the main campus to Hospital Hill, which is so convenient when I don’t want to drive all the way to one campus using my transportation. Oh! And can’t forget about campus police, they are very attentive and are always available when you need them!