University of Missouri - Kansas City Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.66 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.70 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.71 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities173 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies91 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration53 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.93 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.119 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 56 responsesReport
- Great programs and professors39%
- Fun, diverse, great professors,welcome environment16%
- Fun atmosphere but professional when it counts11%
- People take it seriously, it is pre-professional11%
- Good professors and classes, a fun school7%
- Great professors and classes, not a fun school5%
- Welcoming to traditional and nontraditional studen5%
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.47 responses
University of Missouri - Kansas City Reviews
I am a Junior in the University of Missouri-Kansas City's School of Nursing and Health Studies program. I appreciate the intimate class sizes and have had several dynamic, passionate professors throughout my courses thus far. The instructors are always willing and available to help explain areas that require extensive clarification. Supplemental instruction, something I benefit from, is offered for several courses and they have concrete plans to expand this program. The School of Nursing and Health Studies is affordable, competitive, and hold high expectations for their students. An area that could use some improvement is organization. For example, there is a deadline for clinical requirements and they were not addressed until mid semester this year. Another area of weakness could be communication between faculty and staff. There was a change in the plan of study that a professor let me know about and my academic advisor wasn't aware of the change until I brought it to her attention.
I have taken multiple classes via dual credit through UMKC. All of the teachers I have had I have considered to be my favorite teachers. I have learned a tremendous amount of information and I believe I am fully prepared for college life. However, when I did apply for an undergraduate degree at UMKC, the process was difficult. They also would not set up payment plans for a speech class I took over the summer, which caused some of the students to drop out. I still took the class, but those students missed out on a wonderful experience.
The University of Missouri KC is one of the most diverse and pleasurable campuses I have ever been to. There is always a positive energy on the small campus, with clubs always available for fun activities. The LGBTQIA community is very active at UMKC, which is great to see in the Bible Belt. The Student Health center is very helpful for talk therapy, offering free sessions to students who may be depressed or just feeling the stress of taking on college and being away from home for the first time. A great school that I will try to persuade all younger friends to come to.