University of Minnesota Duluth is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference
University of Minnesota Duluth Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.75 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.76 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.76 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.83 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.97 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.55 responses
University of Minnesota Duluth Reviews
At the University of Minnesota - Duluth, everyone is very welcoming! Overall, I was very nervous to move from my small town, but once I got settled in, I was very happy with the decision I made. I have grown so much as a person being independent. The thing that I have found frustrating is that some student advisors are not helpful at all and haven't necessarily steered me in the right direction. I have often found myself having to stress over registering for class, having transfer credits be put into the schools system. Other than that, I have really enjoyed my time in Duluth and have no intentions of transferring.
I initially had my heart set on this school, it was my dream university. But that was when I was in a different major plan track. I decided to change my major from biology to psychology my freshmen spring semester and once I did that, my research opportunities went to practically zero. Ultimately I decided to transfer to the main Twin Cities campus after my sophomore year. The thing I enjoyed most about UMD was the school spirit, and there are many professors who are dedicated to their students and really want to see them learn!
Overall, this is a good school to attend. It's right in the middle of everything, so it doesn't take long to get anywhere if you live close by. The professors are engaging, and there's specific staff to make sure you're on course to graduation. The major thing that's annoying about this school is the parking - there are lots of students so spots fill up fast!