- 4 Year
- CROOKSTON, MN
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We will be hosting in-person classes for the 2021-2022 academic year. In-person campus tours are available.
- Academicsgrade B
- Valuegrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade B+
- Athleticsgrade B
- Party Scenegrade C+
- Professorsgrade B
- Locationgrade C
- Dormsgrade A
- Campus Foodgrade C+
- Student Lifegrade B+
- Safetygrade A
As one of five campuses of the world-renowned University of Minnesota system, the University of Minnesota Crookston is a four-year, public university with an enrollment of more than 1,800 students, located in Northwest Minnesota. We equip all students and faculty with laptop computers; provide individual attention and mentorship; and offer an active, hands-on approach to teaching and learning that puts students ahead of the competition!
We have a supportive, close-knit atmosphere where students, faculty, and staff interact and get to know one another. UMN Crookston also has a one-rate tuition plan – ALL students are charged the same standard in-state tuition rate, regardless of residency status. There is great value in our small campus experience because it results in a big degree from an established and highly regarded brand known for excellence: the University of Minnesota. The University of Minnesota Crookston no longer requires an ACT or SAT for admission!
University of Minnesota Crookston Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 8 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 10 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 11 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Accounting48 Graduates
- Business46 Graduates
- Healthcare Management38 Graduates
- Operations Management30 Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities29 Graduates
- Communications23 Graduates
- Finance19 Graduates
- Natural Resources Conservation and Management18 Graduates
- Animal Sciences and Husbandry17 Graduates
- Plant Science17 Graduates
Exercise Science and Wellness
Health and wellness plays a significant role in our everyday lives, and for those who make an impact in the quality of life for others through this work is meaningful and rewarding. From conducting and interpreting physical fitness assessments to developing exercise prescriptions for various demographic populations, you’ll make a difference toward improving human health.
- Mix of Online and on Campus7%
- On Campus54%
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene. 15 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life. 12 responses
- Small Campus Big Degree50%
- Key to my future25%
- New opportunities25%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 7 responses