University of Minnesota - Twin Cities is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
Big Ten Conference
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.248 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.267 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.265 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 171 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.329 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.375 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.174 responses
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities Reviews
I absolutely love it here! There are so many ways to get involved, through countless school clubs and organizations, to conducting research with faculty, or even getting involved with campaigns. Through the University of Minnesota I am currently conducting research with a doctor downtown Minneapolis, because they have a partnership with the University of Minnesota! I'm also helping on a campaign for Minnesota House of Representatives. This school is a dream come true, filled with so many opportunities! I would have never thought that I'd be this happy attending school here!
The University of Minnesota epitomizes the kind of education one would want out of a university. The professors are smart and know what they are doing. The campus offers a diversity of students second to none. There are ready resources on campus to help with any of your troubles. And yes, the party scene here is not to be missed. You will not be lacking in entertainment since there are plenty of clubs on campus to join. The housing on campus is surprisingly roomy, and the menu selection is fairly healthy (even making accommodations for Vegans). Transportation will not be a problem since there are regular campus shuttles and light rail trains to take you were you need to be. You will find a niche at the University of Minnesota. Despite it's large size, this campus can be navigated fairly easily once you are acquainted with all it's halls and libraries. This is truly an experience not to miss!
Sitting right across from the downtown Minneapolis skyline, the University of Minnesota is a beautiful campus for any city lover like myself. I fell in love with the University almost immediately after moving into my freshman dorm. From meeting tons of great friends and fellow students, learning from very unique and interesting professors, and experiencing all that the campus/city has to offer (with much more still left to explore), I loved every second of my first year at the Minnesota- Twin Cities campus and cannot wait to return in the fall!