University of Minnesota - Duluth Reviews

Inclusive campus community, helpful faculty and staff members and great chemical engineering department.
I have loved every minute since I have gotten here! Everyone is nice, the professors are great, Duluth is a fantastic community, and there is always something going on, on campus or in the community. I wouldn't choose to go to another college because no other college has as much to offer as UMD!
Generally a great school. Some absolutely fantastic professors and some terrible ones. As with any University, your experience may vary wildly, but in general I would say UMD is a good school and definitely worth going to if it's on your list.
Start Your Review of University of Minnesota - Duluth
I have enjoyed being a part of this beautiful campus. The opportunity to graduate early was also a money saver!
Overall the university is great. The professors are all super friendly and helpful when it comes to learning and the campus is very easy to navigate around.
At the University of Minnesota - Duluth, everyone is very welcoming! Overall, I was very nervous to move from my small town, but once I got settled in, I was very happy with the decision I made. I have grown so much as a person being independent. The thing that I have found frustrating is that some student advisors are not helpful at all and haven't necessarily steered me in the right direction. I have often found myself having to stress over registering for class, having transfer credits be put into the schools system. Other than that, I have really enjoyed my time in Duluth and have no intentions of transferring.
I love everything about UMD. I love the classes, community, clubs and environment in general. Professors here truly care about you and what you want. Support at UMD is crazy good, everyone wants you to suceed.
Great at helping incoming students and aiding in major changes. The staff is quick to respond to emails and phone calls. There are many great clubs to join to keep students occupied.
I loved visiting and everyone made me feel so welcomed there. I honestly don't know what could be different because I felt so at home there. It was a great experience seeing it.
I really like this school! it's very convenient because the whole school is connected and you never have to walk outside especially during the winter. One thing I would change though is the diversity. I am of a different ethnicity and coming from a very diverse high school into a very not-so diverse college was hard to adjust at the beginning. Although it's still pretty intimidating at times I try not to think about it too much. There is a multicultural center though. I am always at the MC which is super diverse and I love it.
The university of Minnesota Duluth offers a wide variety of majors, clubs, and activities. They have a very diverse environment and an outstanding multi-cultural center. The city that this university calls home is an amazing and beautiful place to live in while adjusting to college life.
My experience here in Duluth has been a great one with there being so much to do on campus with going different clubs and sports. And joining those I got to meet many new people who I can go to when I need help. The teachers that I have had are good because you can tell that they enjoy teaching which helps how they teach and teach us to where we can understand what we are learning.
During my time at University of Minnesota Duluth I have experienced that a lot of the professors are very helping however they do not have a lot of time to help with students. They only have office hours within a two hour window maybe once or twice a week. I would like to see the office hours expand and maybe explain further in detail when students are struggling instead of hoping they understand. I enjoy the people of this school, everyone is very nice and willing to help you out in a time of need. This school is very expensive which is why I am in desperate need of a scholarship as I may not be able to afford the rest of the semester. Thank you for your time.
It was a good experience, I did make friends, and had good classes and professors, but I am transferring to UND because of a change of career path. I have enjoyed it here and its nice that everything is connected.
Overall good campus, would like to see a little bit more drive to try to get students involved. Campus is very homey and comfortable. You don't have to walk outside if you don't have to, all the buildings are connected. Winters are beautiful up here but of course are chilly and be prepared to have your face hurt. Hit or miss with some professors. Some really try to reach out and make sure that you're trying your best and some just don't care
I really enjoy the campus, the tunnels are really nice in the winter. The area is beautiful and I am really glad I came here!
The environment of the university is amazing. Everyone is special in their own way and making isn't as hard as it seems. The nature outside of the campus is extraordinary and something that can't be replaced. It is so beautiful and the campus and classes are great as well.
Start Your Review of University of Minnesota - Duluth
Overall, this is a good school to attend. It's right in the middle of everything, so it doesn't take long to get anywhere if you live close by. The professors are engaging, and there's specific staff to make sure you're on course to graduation. The major thing that's annoying about this school is the parking - there are lots of students so spots fill up fast!
I'm only halfway through my first semester but so far its been a very good experience. Good professors and faculty. The on campus apartments are the perfect distance from the main campus buildings and there's a lot of nature to explore. I don't have a dining plan so I can't say much about the food, but the coffee shop is extremely convenient.
I really enjoy going to college at the University of Minnesota Duluth. It is a beautiful city with a lot to do. The campus is nice, you do not even have to walk out-side if you do not want to due to the tunnels they have. The proffesors here are nice and willing to help students out. The one thing I would like to change is the times classes are offered. I wish they had more times that classes were offered. Some classes are offered just once a day and I wish they were offered several times.