University of Michigan - Flint Reviews

UMFlint is very diverse and has amazing people, professors very willing to help their students, has variety of club sports, has amazing history for the university is just an amazing college and I advise to anyone that's going to college.
I like the small class sizes that allow for more personal connections to the professors at the university. From the time I enrolled, I’ve noticed the university is not like it used to be. Student life isn’t as lively as it used to be. Because it’s a commuter school, not many students stay on campus.
I've only experienced this college through the music program. The professors are great and very welcoming. You get a very personal experience at the University of Michigan - Flint, and the location is great. There's always something to do in the city.
Start Your Review of University of Michigan - Flint
College freshman at the moment. Have had a good experience so far. Has good professors, willing to work with you outside of class with homework. Social life is good, get to meet a lot of different across campus. Campus is a lot smaller which is nice when walking across campus. the food on campus is good, they added a new place to eat, just depends on your preference on food, but it is good. The dorms on campus are nice, they are apartment style, so that is nice, better than a lot of colleges and universities.
What I like about U of M Flint is that most of the teachers or professors are very good and wiling to help.
I took online classes at UM Flint and I was able to learn very easily and enjoy the flexibility of being able to work and get other things done as well. As far as the online classes what I would like to see improved is the instructors providing more online videos to demonstrate/explain the course content and make it a little clearer. This could really aid in the learning process.
I have only ever toured the campus but it was a great experience and everyone seemed so welcoming. It is a diverse and cultured environment that is local and still close to the community.
The students at the school were really friendly and it is close to just about everything in Flint, MI. The dorms that I stayed in for one night were really comfortable and there is a lot of fun activities to do while you are on campus.
I like how it’s easy to get around and navigate the campus. I would like to see more students involved, a better environment and better on campus envolvement.
I like how the professors and people at UM Flint are willing to help you and want to see the students succeed.
It’s a small and personable college. Not much entertainment life but that give you more time to study and focus.
The campus is small; the food here is bad..(sorry); the education here is just alright. Even though it is a branch of UM, it is just a mediocre college.
I can take my classes all online while living in Florida, and I can still achieve a degree from the University of Michigan.
Flint, MI gets bad wrap about being a dangerous city, luckily, the University itself has a great security team policing the campus along with Flint city police officers. On top of that they have an amazing team of advisors and professors. It was easy to feel cared about and like you matter. In a large campus of mostly commuting students you are surrounded by a ton of different people from all walks of life. I think it is an amazing experience to be had.
The flint campus is amazing. I like that there's a smaller teacher student ratio. You're able to get to know your professor a little more. There's an awesome farmers market but the dorms. The entire campus is so clean.
I love the smaller campus with the matching smaller student population. Not having a massive school allows students to connect personally with professors and feel like they actually care about them.
I have been liking the University so far, it is very fun to go there. I cannot think of anything that I would like to change there.
Start Your Review of University of Michigan - Flint
I'm a freshman at the University of Michigan - Flint. So far I really enjoy the connection I have with my professors and faculty advisor. They are doing all they can to help me succeed. Currently there is construction going on by the river and it's making my commute to the white building longer. Hopefully it won't last long.
I currently am enrolled here at the U of M Flint as a 3rd year Biology major. I love the fact that campus life is thriving. Anywhere from the scenery, to the different clubs/organizations. There is always something to be engaged or participated in. I do wish that they would improve the cleanliness of certain areas, i.e the library and computer labs. Also, there are certain budget cuts that have happened which caused certain prices to go up (the food court) or operations to stop running. Many students feel like their voices aren't being heard and because of this, is blaming the chancellor. Other than that, this school is one that I would recommend.
The staff are all really nice and helpful. There's always plenty of resources available. We have free counseling, rec center, and many other things on campus and I love it. They really focus on student safety and the students health in general.