University of Michigan - Dearborn Reviews

1,105 reviews
University of Michigan Dearborn has the "Michigan" name attached to it so you know it is the real deal. It is different from a large university, however, in the small class sizes which help for a more personal and thorough learning experience in my opinion. Obviously it is not perfect as this is not a perfect world, which is mainly why I rated it at 4 stars instead of 5. Some minor issues that I have noticed would be the general high cost of tuition and somewhat insufficient parking space to name a couple.
I really love to attend the small, suburban campus like this. Even though this university is currently working on creating more involvement activities, I enjoy being involved in the organizations I am currently in. I was able to know people easily.
As far as with academics, I like how professors respond to our questions and concerns sooner through office hours and email.
Overall, this is the best environment to learn.
The teachers are ok. It's a commuter campus so not much night life or things to do. A lot of nearby food options though which is good.
Start Your Review of University of Michigan - Dearborn
I would like to see more scholarships instead of loans and a better website for signing up for visits and tours
It's a great school. The professors I have had are all friendly and are truly passionate and care about you succeeding. The campus is very diverse. You will be able to meet many students and staff from almost every part of the world and background. It is also an overall very safe campus and the school makes sure of it. There are many activities, clubs, and other fun and exciting things happening on and around campus, letting you experience it all.
Amazing professors, tons of community engagement opportunities to build your resume and find your passions along the way. Best decision I ever made, and I have far less student debt than many of my friends who went to University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, Michigan State, Grand Valley, etc.
Currently a Sophomore at the university and the level of academics is perfect for students. The professors really enjoy teaching and are knowledgeable about the subject and even help you with off-campus situations. They prepare you for internship opportunities and career advice. There are student organizations that encompass everybody that attends the university. It is not massive, nor is it too small, but you do get to see plenty of familiar faces while walking through campus. If I were to change something on my experience at the University of Michigan Dearborn, it would be to have organizations that are directly related to the Ann Arbor campus. I am the current president of the Association of Latino Professionals for America chapter here at Dearborn, and the only time we get to meet and talk to the Ann Arbor chapter delegates is whenever the annual ALPFA Michigan Conference is. Having both chapters connected would be one thing that I wish the universities would change.
I adore this school! The academics have been great and the social climate is very nice. It's in a great area and I'm so happy to be here. The one word of caution is that, while the school does promote living in the apartments across the street, they do not run the complex, and it is awful.
As I have only been at the school for one year, my opinion might not be as credible. However, the school was a nice transition from high school. The school was much larger than my high school but it was no way overwhelming. The class sizes are similar to those of high school. The school offers many clubs and activities.
My overall experience of UMD has been amazing . Teachers are willing to take that mile step to make a change in a students life . The Dearborn campus is so diverse it makes you feel welcomed. I love how umd has shaped me today , I am confident to share my opinions , styles and be myself at UMD. For me the best part is how organized it is , it makes it very easy to find scholarships , tuition details & all about fafsa.UMD has allowed me one step closer to my dream , I am happy with my experience at umd.
Most people on campus are serious and that puts you in a good vibe for success. The problem is there isnt much life around campus meaning it wont be the funnest experience.
I like the University of Michigan because everyone is so friendly. The staff is willing to work with you and help you accomplish you goals. They are very knowledgeable and if there's something they don't know they go the extra mile to find out the answer or bring someone in who knows the answer. The campus is clean. The University emergency system keeps you updating with everything that's going on, it gives you step by step details and a all clear in the end. They help with job placement from helping you to prepare a resume, to emailing you job leads, to bring companies in for job fairs. They really seems to want you to succeed.
The university of Michigan Dearborn has a lot of cool things to offer; for one there is a lot of nature on the campus people just love to come and watch all the little animals we have. We also have very small classrooms for easy learning and easier transition from high school to college.
UMD is a simple college - a commuter one. It feels like another high school in a sense, where few people hang around in the after hours, and the nightlife is quiet. It's great for studying, and I love having the freedom of owning a car, but it makes socializing and connecting quite slow.
its very divers and the teachings is very high.its very divers and the teachings is very high.its very divers and the teachings is very high.its very divers and the teachings is very high.
Although I have never been a student at the University of Michigan, I have heard nothing but the best about their programs, campus life, and students. I hope to get accepted into this university, because I many of my close friends are students there now and they say everything positive about the college.
I liked the overall campus but I would like to see some of the professors changed because I know people that have issues with soe of them.
Start Your Review of University of Michigan - Dearborn
I like the University of Michigan-Dearborn, but I would only recommend it if the student intends to major in a technical field. The course selection is rather limited in regards to other classes.
It is important to get involved, because that's the only way to make friends. If you plan to live on campus, you have to live at the Union, which incredibly expensive with terrible staff. Office of financial aid doesn't respond to emails.
UMD is a good school that is somewhat affordable. There are small classroom sizes and professors that can have a personal experience with students. The campus is very safe and beautiful.