University of Michigan - Dearborn Reviews

1,132 reviews
They offer small class sizes with attentive faculty and staff. Academic scholarships are offered frequently. On campus job opportunities for all majors. Professors know you by name.
This school is very open and has great communication between professors and students. With smaller classes; there is a chance for more discussion and learning for all students.
I like this college, I’ve been researching this school and i want to go there it also has the curriculum i want so i highly recommend this school
Start Your Review of University of Michigan - Dearborn
I can't wait to start school here this fall! The academics, the campus, and the people here are amazing.
Very diverse. Great professors. College life experience without having to move away from home. Student life is active.
There are many activities present on campus, professors are great and academics are substantive. There a many amenities the college offers its students and ample resources for any student that attends.
The University of Michigan Dearborn is an overall great college. But it does have some issues that I dont like. For one, the school is very engineer based. I am majoring in English, and the department is close to horrible. I don't like the student life at UMD. It feels like the students are not happy. The MAJOR issue I have with UMD is the parking. There is literally nowhere to park. The school spends a lot of money on its Engineering programs but they have not been able to engineer more parking lot space. Because it is a commuter college, it's important that we students have a place to park. But that seems to be the biggest issue with everyone there - no parking.
I liked the small classroom environment because it helped me focus. There isn't much to do other than go to class and a few events here and there. The academics were pretty easy in my opinion and the teachers seem to know what they were doing.
This place is great! At first, I was worried about going here instead of Ann Arbor when I was accepted to both campuses, but after a year, I can say that the University of Michigan - Dearborn has exceeded my expectations by far. The best things about the college are the professors and the social atmosphere, which is surprisingly good for a commuter school.
I'm an incoming freshmen and they have been very informative about the whole process. Current standards are very helpful in answering questions that you have. I look forward to my years attending the school.
At the University of Michigan - Dearborn, you will find small class sizes, great living conditions, and numerous out-of-class activities. The quality of teaching heavily depends on the professor, and the classes vary in difficulty as a result. The dorms are apartment or flat style, and are spacious, with full kitchens and at least one full bathroom, but are also a bit pricey. As for the student activities and life, the fairs provide ample information to those who can make it, but the online sites and resources are rarely checked, and therefore, limiting to those who are unable to attend the activity fairs. The campus itself is pretty, but compact, making walks not unbearable in the winter.
The classes are very good especially for the price of the tuition. The engineering advisors were terrible, when going for advising I found the information that they covered was apparent and when I had simple questions the advisors struggled to give an answer at all. The campus life is slow but its easy to meet people in a smaller university.
I consider myself a seasoned individual. I have attended my share of institutions which makes me feel well versed in knowing excellence when I encounter it. July, 2018 will be the second semester I have attended the University of Michigan Dearborn and I have not one complaint. This University has given me every possible tool to be successful at this institution and in life. In the library I was given options of what type of computer and operating system I could choose from. Also, as a student you are given funds for printing, scanning and faxing if necessary. There are also members of the library staff that have been directed by your specific instructor to assist with all sorts of projects for your particular class. Midterm of my first semester, my psych grade was a little shaky. The advising administration reached out to me as well as my instructor and tutors. I know that I am not just seen as a number but a person.
University of Michigan Deaborn is a very good school. Even though it is not the main campus there are many resources and ways of communicatioins that keep everyone in loop with what is going on at the main campus. This school is very diverse and offers a wide variety of majors and classes. The campus is always open to ideas on expanding and making thier campus better. One thing I would change is the times classes are offered. There are a lot of classes that are only offered in the evening time and it would be nice if those classes would also be offered in the day-time. Another thing I don't like is there is not a lot of food courts on campus. They should add a variety of different food courts and shops on campus. The cafeteria could be bigger. There could also be more parking spaces for students around campus. It is very safe there. There are lots of good people there.
Great study environments, and advising system. But needs to work on helping freshman understand policies
Nice staff and faculty. Very clean campus and security very precautious and helpful. Diligent admission staff. Financial aid staff also very helpful. Organizes a number of campus events and makes life on campus welcoming.
I think University of Michigan Dearborn excels because of their concentration on the individual. Advising is dedicated to providing each student with all the information necessary to complete a degree in a successful and economic matter. I've attended other universities and so far this one has proved to be the most impressive.
Start Your Review of University of Michigan - Dearborn
I have enjoyed my first year at the university of michigan-dearborn and I look forward to my years to come and to earning my degree.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn offers smaller class sizes, easy access to the professors, and located in the heart of the historic Dearborn Michigan community. It's a quick commute to school, home and work. Success is a emphasized and I enjoy the campus.
i really enjoy the atmosphere and environment of the campus life. people are friendly and teachers are good and caring.