University of Michigan - Dearborn Reviews

1,122 reviews
At the University of Michigan - Dearborn, you will find small class sizes, great living conditions, and numerous out-of-class activities. The quality of teaching heavily depends on the professor, and the classes vary in difficulty as a result. The dorms are apartment or flat style, and are spacious, with full kitchens and at least one full bathroom, but are also a bit pricey. As for the student activities and life, the fairs provide ample information to those who can make it, but the online sites and resources are rarely checked, and therefore, limiting to those who are unable to attend the activity fairs. The campus itself is pretty, but compact, making walks not unbearable in the winter.
The classes are very good especially for the price of the tuition. The engineering advisors were terrible, when going for advising I found the information that they covered was apparent and when I had simple questions the advisors struggled to give an answer at all. The campus life is slow but its easy to meet people in a smaller university.
I consider myself a seasoned individual. I have attended my share of institutions which makes me feel well versed in knowing excellence when I encounter it. July, 2018 will be the second semester I have attended the University of Michigan Dearborn and I have not one complaint. This University has given me every possible tool to be successful at this institution and in life. In the library I was given options of what type of computer and operating system I could choose from. Also, as a student you are given funds for printing, scanning and faxing if necessary. There are also members of the library staff that have been directed by your specific instructor to assist with all sorts of projects for your particular class. Midterm of my first semester, my psych grade was a little shaky. The advising administration reached out to me as well as my instructor and tutors. I know that I am not just seen as a number but a person.
Start Your Review of University of Michigan - Dearborn
University of Michigan Deaborn is a very good school. Even though it is not the main campus there are many resources and ways of communicatioins that keep everyone in loop with what is going on at the main campus. This school is very diverse and offers a wide variety of majors and classes. The campus is always open to ideas on expanding and making thier campus better. One thing I would change is the times classes are offered. There are a lot of classes that are only offered in the evening time and it would be nice if those classes would also be offered in the day-time. Another thing I don't like is there is not a lot of food courts on campus. They should add a variety of different food courts and shops on campus. The cafeteria could be bigger. There could also be more parking spaces for students around campus. It is very safe there. There are lots of good people there.
Great study environments, and advising system. But needs to work on helping freshman understand policies
Nice staff and faculty. Very clean campus and security very precautious and helpful. Diligent admission staff. Financial aid staff also very helpful. Organizes a number of campus events and makes life on campus welcoming.
I think University of Michigan Dearborn excels because of their concentration on the individual. Advising is dedicated to providing each student with all the information necessary to complete a degree in a successful and economic matter. I've attended other universities and so far this one has proved to be the most impressive.
I have enjoyed my first year at the university of michigan-dearborn and I look forward to my years to come and to earning my degree.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn offers smaller class sizes, easy access to the professors, and located in the heart of the historic Dearborn Michigan community. It's a quick commute to school, home and work. Success is a emphasized and I enjoy the campus.
i really enjoy the atmosphere and environment of the campus life. people are friendly and teachers are good and caring.
I just completed my first year as a freshmen at the University of Michigan Dearborn and I can surely say that my college experience was full of excitement, stress and joy. I was able to join an organization, attend career fairs and meet with advisors who helped me with my career choices.
Everyone is extremely nice and helpful and it definitely enhances the experience. The only thing I wish would change is the times of night classes offered, I wish there were classes later at night.
I am enjoying myself at the University of Michigan Dearborn for my first two semesters. Great environment for academics and meeting new people. Faculty is great and very helpful. And the money from scholarships and the FAFSA help a lot with cost, if money is an issue for you. Come to university of Michigan Dearborn it's a great experience.
The professors really care about their subjects and making sure the students understand their coursework.
I'm a nontraditional student and a part of the SOAR Program it helps students return to school that have been out for a while. You must be 25+. It is a dream come true and a supportive program throughout your Michigan experience!
Overall my first year here has been pretty solid. Academically the school’s rigor allows for me to be challenged while providing the necessary tools to help me succeed. The only real problem with the school is the social aspect. This is mainly do the fact that this is a commuter school, but if you live on campus it makes it easier to meet new people. Overall UofM Dearborn is an excellent college that provides a quality education for an affordable price.
I love i there and there is nothing that i would want to change about it. Also, i love how the campus is and how friendly the people there are. They all help with what ever questions or concerns you might have. You fit in right away and you find your way fast and its just amazing there. I also love hoe friendly the teachers and professors are. They don't give you hard times and are there for you if you need them for any help with homework and all. I recommend it as a college because its really good and I just Love it there so much. I definitely feel safe there too.
Start Your Review of University of Michigan - Dearborn
University of Michigan Dearborn has the "Michigan" name attached to it so you know it is the real deal. It is different from a large university, however, in the small class sizes which help for a more personal and thorough learning experience in my opinion. Obviously it is not perfect as this is not a perfect world, which is mainly why I rated it at 4 stars instead of 5. Some minor issues that I have noticed would be the general high cost of tuition and somewhat insufficient parking space to name a couple.
I really love to attend the small, suburban campus like this. Even though this university is currently working on creating more involvement activities, I enjoy being involved in the organizations I am currently in. I was able to know people easily.
As far as with academics, I like how professors respond to our questions and concerns sooner through office hours and email.
Overall, this is the best environment to learn.
The teachers are ok. It's a commuter campus so not much night life or things to do. A lot of nearby food options though which is good.