University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Reviews

3,986 reviews
Michigan is an inclusive environment. It's perfect for someone who is focused academically and has school as their #1 priority. But it is also perfect if you want to have a fun time, meet people, and have the college experience. It's the best of both worlds. And Ann Arbor is awesome.
The University of Michigan is a great school with many incredible resources. However, the university's biggest problem is its rising tuition and Ann Arbor's exclusive housing market. The increasing cost of attending U-M is directly correlated with its decreasing diversity. The good news is if you can find a way to afford it, the return on investment will be incredible as U-M has one of the most powerful alumni networks of any university on earth.
I have visited U of M multiple times because a family friend attends there. It is a wonderful school in a great area
Start Your Review of University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
The University allows for me to feel included and learn from the top people in my field. Studying here has opened a myriad of doors for my future as a clinician in the field of mental health. Without the supportive atmosphere, I wouldn't be who I am today!
it was great, I wouldn't change much other than making sure students felt safe on the campus. Best school on the planet. Go blue!!!
College is very large and if you come from a smaller community you will find it hard to get around. Some classes have upwards of 100 students and some have below 20. Depends on field of study
The classes are great, and most of the professors are pretty good as well. Getting around campus is easy unless you're living on North campus, but the integration of the campus with the city is nice.
I like that the campus is more open and that there are a lot of things to do. The athletics are fantastic. I like that they offer so many different majors, classes, and extracurricular clubs and organizations. This school is a competitive school, but most students are serious about their studies.
I haven't been but reviews make me feel this way I want to be an athletic trainer and this university has a strong program wanting to grow and nurture their students to be confident and knowledgeable in the topic of athletic training. Michigan is very cold however so you might want to wear a sweater that is thick so you can stay warm in the several, cold winter months
First rate education at a top school in the US! Ann Arbor is a great area and the campus is awesome.
The University of Michigan has given me so many resources that I never could have imagined! I truly feel that I have what I need to thrive here!
As a current senior in high school, I have been blessed with the opportunity to have visited my dream school during the summer before my senior year. The University of Michigan is definitely one of the best universities in the country. The staff, from my experience, are great, the facilities are great, the food is awesome, and the campus is sensational. I am also blessed to say that I have been accepted into the University of Michigan and I am very excited to attend next year as victors2023.
My time spent on Campus has been the most amazing time of my life. The professors are there for student's success, and the atmosphere is competitive and challenging.
It is a very good university. Everyone is very nice in the campus. The campus is safe and pretty. The professors are very knowledgeable and good at teaching students.
UM offers numerous resources to its students, ranging from free tutoring and group study sessions to weekly breakfasts. Most of the professors I've had are all very caring, intelligent, and dedicated to their work. However, like all colleges, there have been professors who are more concerned with their research than teaching. There have also been professors, who because they are tenured, seem to slack off and disregard suggestions from students to include resources such as practice exams and lecture recordings.
The university of Michigan is a place for success. All attendants are held to the upmost expectation. There should be more diversity, but the culture and the sense of family there is one that I love to be apart of. Also, the city of Ann Arbor is a beautiful place to live and there are several establishments to kickback and relax.
The campus is beautiful, there's plenty of things to do and see everywhere you go. There's never a dull moment and it is definitely the best school in the state.
Start Your Review of University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Passionate professors and staff that really want to see you grow and succeed. Classes are challenging and there are so many different programs and opportunities to explore your interests.
As undergrad, I had good professors/GSIs, but only a couple great ones. Transfer students, older students, and commuters are treated as outsiders.
As employee, there is too much stress and bureaucracy. Many managers don't know how to manage; professors/researchers most often make poor bosses. Expectations are not clearly spelled out. Employees' work-life balance and professional development are not important to many managers.
There are too many men in top positions, especially professors, with too many women in support roles.
I've had the best college experience here at the University of Michigan. The people, the attractions, the study spots, the food, just everything makes it feel like you're home. It's a very diverse campus with so many friendly faces and there is always something to do. And I think the fact that I am enrolled in the number one dental school in the nation makes it much more motivating for me. The instructors will do whatever they can to help students succeed and if you put your mind to it, you will succeed. There's never a bad place to study and that's the other advantage of going to Umich. The only downside is housing can be difficult to find but that's because everybody wants to be a part of the Michigan difference!