University of Miami Reviews

2,594 reviews
I am a music therapy student at the University of Miami. I've only been there for a year, but I already love it. There are so many clubs and ways to get involved and make friends, and everyone is so nice. The professors are all amazing, and I'm so blessed to be there.
Everything about UMiami has been perfect. I couldn't imagine myself working and schooling anywhere else. Almost every student and faculty member I've come across has been warm, intellectual, open-minded, and determined to succeed in their respective career path.
I like the diversity and the culture on campus. I would change the professors' approach to the material. A lot of them expect way too much.
Review University of Miami
The University of Miami is the perfect balance of academic achievement, sports excellence, and social fun. Students here live by the motto "work hard, play hard." Because of our location as a major port city there are so many opportunities to work with, meet people, and experience cultures from not just Latin America but the world as a whole. UM is also a good satellite school for other elite universities, I know people who now attend Harvard, Princeton, UChicago, Notre Dame, and Stanford based on their experiences at UM.
I loved my four years at UM and wouldn't change a thing about it. The night life was incredible and the academics themselves were very comprehensive in every department that the school offered.
The campus is amazing, the student body is extremely diverse and there is always something fun to do. The current dorms kinda suck but they are in the process of building new ones. Make sure to use RateMyProfessor when making your schedule and get a dining plan with lots of CaneDollars!
The campus is absolutely beautiful, I really enjoyed the views of the water and where it is located in florida
The environment at the University of Miami is amazing, and the campus is beautiful. I play for the football team, and the school spirit is incredible and the coaches and academic advisors are all very helpful. In my first year at the University of Miami I have had the opportunity to have many amazing experiences that I would not at any other school. I participated on the scuba diving team and learned a lot about the marine environment through the marine biology campus of the school and the other scuba divers. The U offers an incredible amount of opportunities to get involved both on and off campus.
It is a beautiful campus, and excellent teaching staff. Like many schools, however, the financial aid and the admissions off can be a bit slow in response.
There are many opportunities in this school both on campus and off campus in the vibrant, lively city of Miami. The diversity of people here is incredible, however, if you are from a small town such as myself, you can find it easy to get lost in the shuffle. Finding your place can be hard at first, but the maturation you will undergo and the experiences that you will take place in will be life altering and really make a transition from childhood to the real world (for better or worse).
The school is amazing. The professors care so much about the students and want them to succeed. Almost any professor you talk to will go out of there way to help you to reach your goals, and provide you with the opportunities you need to be successful.
great school, city and academics! Its the perfect balance between academics, social life and good weather!
The University of Miami has warm weather, a diverse community, and a medium-sized campus. The diversity makes it easier than expected to find people you are similar to, regardless of who you are. The education depends on which program you are admitted to and which professors you have the opportunity to take class in - like many things, some are amazing and some are lacking. Overall, the U is mainly about itself, the U (and the money it can get from you), rather than YOU as a student. However, some faculty go out of their way to make your experience a great one. These are the people who make the University of Miami a top-ranked school.
Love everything about the U except the dorms need to be redone (thank god they are) and food as well not so great
I love it here. The majority of professors I've had were amazing. On and off campus—Miami is one of the coolest and diverse places. I wish the school had a little more of a presence and excitement for the games, but parties and clubs are always lit. The campus food is really good at first, but then you get used to it and it tends to get annoying. The only thing I dislike is the state of the dorms, but they are beginning to construct new ones soon.
The main thing I like is the balance the university tries to have between focusing on academics and focusing on a quality athletic department. Although my main purpose here it to obviously learn and get a degree, having an entertaining time as well as having opportunities to network and find myself through the myriad of social activities offered is a huge plus.
I love that people from across the world attend this university. The international scene is amazing and adds such great perspective to the school. The campus is so beautiful and feels like more of a vacation than actual vacations. Sunshine permeates every day, and it really feels like an oasis to be on this campus. Most professors are passionate about what they teach and bring excitement to class, in addition to fair and transparent grading policies. And don't get me started on the nightlife. This is Miami. That's all I need to say.
Review University of Miami
The University of Miami is a nice school with a beautiful campus, warm weather and good academics. Its on the smaller side for its kind, but that's just how I like it. If I had to choose the things I dislike about things here, I'd say that the engineering school's administration has too much freedom, the cognate system is restrictive for many students, and the campus really isn't non-smoking.
i really liked th campus plus their amazing baeball team. Also with the kids i spoke to around campus they said that um is a very good school
One thing that caught my eye was the beautiful campus. When I first came to visit, I immediately fell in love. Of course other factors made my decision clear ,but the campus is definitely something that never fails to amaze me. I also met some amazing people that I can now call my best friends. Although it sounds super cheesy, college helped me find myself and let me make my own decisions without feel judged or ridiculed.