University of Miami Reviews

2,602 reviews
I’m Not in college yet but I’ve been looking into the university of Miami . I am a junior attending piper high school and I think the university of Miami is a good school it focuses on academics and that is good
I love this school more than anything. Miami is an amazing city to go to school in and I would not want to be anywhere else.
The school has a very good name and reputation, but the campus simply did not live up to it. The dorms were disappointing with the communal bathrooms.
Review University of Miami
Overall my experience at UM was everything I hoped it would be. I was able to enroll into interesting courses, the campus is very diverse, I was able to study abroad several times, the campus is just absolutely gorgeous, and experiencing Miami is exciting. However, the housing and food was lackluster at best, I felt isolated at times by the overwhelming party scene, living in Miami (especially off campus) can become financially and emotionally exhausting, and the bureaucracy of the school was abysmal. And while I was able to make friends, meeting people was a challenge for me sometimes because a lot of students were superficial. I was able to get a job right out of college and I feel that UM has forever impacted me and how I see the world. If I could do over again, I would probably still go to school there, but it's no paradise make no mistake.
The U is a great place to go if you love warm weather, football, and great academics. Although there is a relatively relaxed environment at Miami, the courses are still tough and require a lot of time. The freshman dorms are kind of the worst but everyone lives there so it doesn't really matter.
Great school! A little on the pricier side since it's a private university but the overall experience is great, and the teachers are very invested in your learning.
Best school on earth for smart kids who want to actually enjoy their college experience. Most beautiful campus in the nation (I've visisted a lot of them) and overall a great area to live in.
THIS FALL I WILL BE STARTING MY DNP PROGRAM AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI. THUS FAR, I AM HAVING A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE WITH THE UNIVERSITY. THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN EASILY ACCESSIBLE IN ASKING QUESTIONS REGARDING THE APPLICATION PROCESS AS WELL AS IN DEALING WITH PAPERWORK. THE PROGRAM HAS A COURSE FOR STUDENTS TO TAKE PRIOR TO BEGINNING AND IT ALLOWS FOR COMMUNICATION WITH PROFESSORS AND DEBRIEFS STUDENTS ON WHAT TO EXPECT FOR THE PROGRAM.
I am a music therapy student at the University of Miami. I've only been there for a year, but I already love it. There are so many clubs and ways to get involved and make friends, and everyone is so nice. The professors are all amazing, and I'm so blessed to be there.
Everything about UMiami has been perfect. I couldn't imagine myself working and schooling anywhere else. Almost every student and faculty member I've come across has been warm, intellectual, open-minded, and determined to succeed in their respective career path.
I like the diversity and the culture on campus. I would change the professors' approach to the material. A lot of them expect way too much.
The University of Miami is the perfect balance of academic achievement, sports excellence, and social fun. Students here live by the motto "work hard, play hard." Because of our location as a major port city there are so many opportunities to work with, meet people, and experience cultures from not just Latin America but the world as a whole. UM is also a good satellite school for other elite universities, I know people who now attend Harvard, Princeton, UChicago, Notre Dame, and Stanford based on their experiences at UM.
I loved my four years at UM and wouldn't change a thing about it. The night life was incredible and the academics themselves were very comprehensive in every department that the school offered.
The campus is amazing, the student body is extremely diverse and there is always something fun to do. The current dorms kinda suck but they are in the process of building new ones. Make sure to use RateMyProfessor when making your schedule and get a dining plan with lots of CaneDollars!
The campus is absolutely beautiful, I really enjoyed the views of the water and where it is located in florida
The environment at the University of Miami is amazing, and the campus is beautiful. I play for the football team, and the school spirit is incredible and the coaches and academic advisors are all very helpful. In my first year at the University of Miami I have had the opportunity to have many amazing experiences that I would not at any other school. I participated on the scuba diving team and learned a lot about the marine environment through the marine biology campus of the school and the other scuba divers. The U offers an incredible amount of opportunities to get involved both on and off campus.
It is a beautiful campus, and excellent teaching staff. Like many schools, however, the financial aid and the admissions off can be a bit slow in response.
Review University of Miami
There are many opportunities in this school both on campus and off campus in the vibrant, lively city of Miami. The diversity of people here is incredible, however, if you are from a small town such as myself, you can find it easy to get lost in the shuffle. Finding your place can be hard at first, but the maturation you will undergo and the experiences that you will take place in will be life altering and really make a transition from childhood to the real world (for better or worse).
The school is amazing. The professors care so much about the students and want them to succeed. Almost any professor you talk to will go out of there way to help you to reach your goals, and provide you with the opportunities you need to be successful.
great school, city and academics! Its the perfect balance between academics, social life and good weather!