University of Miami Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.159 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.171 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.171 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 99 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.199 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.249 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 101 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.99 responses
University of Miami Reviews
My son transferred from a huge public college and is always raving about UM. The size is just right (11,000), small enough that he sees people he knows on campus. The best thing is the students—friendly and want to have fun—not drinking/smoking (my son doesn't do)— enjoying life with a positive attitude. He's always telling us it's like a dream come true. Transfer student orientation was many days so they could adjust. Ranked #46 in the nation. Huge school spirit, games are a blast. Often something fun to do on campus—the school sponsors fun activities for them. Miami is near. Food court has good restaurants. Admin is competent and friendly. Negatives: Dorms are super old and windows are unopenable so mold grows in the showers. Send a cleaner for your child—I was appalled at the end of the year! They are building a new, modern dorm in the middle of campus. Dining Hall food is okay but not great. The U has changed my son's life!
Coral Gables is home to the University of Miami, an elite university, known commonly as “The U.” With its perpetual sunshine and swaying palm trees, the University of Miami enjoys the cool ambience of the tropics, while also holding the title of a Top 50 school. Just like the city of Miami, the school is bubbling with a variety of different people with different backgrounds. The athletics teams at this school are great too, with our football team's ever-increasing ranking. We have had several celebrities come to the University of Miami, parading around campus, throwing up the "U" at sports games, and notably even filming a music video here! The University of Miami had everything I was looking for in a campus and choosing to go there it is one of the best decisions I've ever made.
I could never imagine going to another school. Over the past 2 years this university has become my second home. The professors are incredible, although extremely tough. Each one in their own way is pretty understanding and wants to see you succeed. The athletic programs at UM are awesome! We had a top 10 football team this past year and going to those games were some of the most exhilirating moments of my sophomore year. The party scene is fun! The area around campus is great, it's one of the best neighborhoods in Miami.