COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The University of Miami continues to take proactive measures to safeguard the health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and the larger community. The Office of Undergraduate Admission has canceled all on- and off-campus events until further notice. We are disappointed that we will not be able to host you on campus and hope that you will tour our campus virtually. Learn More
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeA+
At the University of Miami, we transform lives through teaching, research, and service. Our students are agents of change who are passionate about learning, eager to contribute to their community, and free to color outside the lines. Ranked No. 47 in the 2019 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings, the University of Miami is home to 10,000+ degree-seeking undergraduate students across 9 undergraduate schools and colleges.
Whether you’ve known since Career Day in kindergarten or are still unsure what you'd like to study, UM’s wide range of majors makes it possible to explore the topics that interest you most. Students choose from 180 majors and programs to design an education that speaks to their interests, strengths, and goals. In keeping with the University’s commitment to interdisciplinary inquiry, undergraduates complete their general education requirements through the Cognates Program.
University of Miami Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.159 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.188 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.188 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.216 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.266 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.99 responses