University of Memphis Reviews

1,905 reviews
Great school overall. Can improve on food choices and renew some buildings. I love the diversity of the school. The mix of races is beautiful. And their wide range of classes helps with whatever major you’ve decided to go into.
My experience with University of Memphis was good. I met new people and got a chance to walk around there beautiful campus.
I absolutely love everything about this school! It is an American public research college, meaning it’s a lot of hard work! It’s very mentally challenging, a beautiful campus, friendly students and staff, and we are Driven By Innovation
Start Your Review of University of Memphis
My experience at the University of Memphis was very busy. There are great student peers to help you if you need it. Overall, the school really needs help with protesters who will try to make you sign up for petitions about their causes that you may not really care for.
Honestly, I knew that I would love this college from when I first got accepted. I just felt like it was a place for me to be myself and it was. I have a lot of alumni family members and they loved it as well. College in general has its ups and downs, but overall I believe this school is fit for anyone. I would definitely like to see more Greek advertisement, but I understand why they keep it on the low too. The construction and parking is really the only problem I have with the school. There has been construction and work going on since the end of my freshman year and I am now an upcoming junior. It just seems like they're taking their time on things that need to be rushed. And for the parking, there's just not enough. and when students have to park on the side of the road they get tickets. I do not think its fair, and instead of making more dorms, they should make more parking available to their paying students.
My experience at the University of Memphis has been amazing. Being in a nice city like Memphis on a large campus has made me truly enjoy the journey of college.
University is good, need a little more emphasis on safety. Good value for the cost. Nice campus that makes the best of the space it has.
I am a graduate of the University of Memphis. I enjoyed every moment spent on the campus; the atmosphere, facilities everything was top of the line.
Memphis has a wide range of academics and career opportunities! They offer many organizations, clubs, and leadership opportunities. There is a lot of diversity in ethnic groups and religious groups and athletics. They are getting better at football and they are also getting better at basketball. There are many resources for help with academics and with financial aid. The school provides assistance for disabilities and for those who work while attending classes. Housing is very accommodating and convenient for walking to classes. The staff is very nice and very helpful. It is also a very safe campus. The campus police officers have good experience and are efficient and helpful in keeping others safe. The school is also located around many cool restaurants and places where students can go!
The University of Memphis provided a very comfortable stepping ground for advancing my career path. The atmosphere is by far the best I have experience due to the diversity that encompasses the entire campus. I would recommend the University of Memphis to anyone pursuing a college career.
The University of Memphis is a great school and has many great majors and programs. I love the location of the school as well.
Everyone is very friendly, the campus is kept clean and there are many events and clubs to get involved in on campus. Also, there are many programs dedicated to helping students with the majors and for their lives after college.
Lots of resources for students. Very flexible class schedules to accommodate those students that work. Plenty of internship opportunities.
The students here are very welcoming and open to diversity. The makeup of the student body is very diverse. There are many student organizations, and the professors are very focused on career preparation and internships.
First, this school is GREAT. It is the safest in TN which a major plus. The atmosphere on campus is a great one to be around. The one thing that stands out is our president, Dr. Rudd. He cares about alllllll the students and wants to get to know them as well. If you need a school to pick, U of M is it!
My experience so far has been wooooonnnnnderrrrrrfuuuuul!!! Can’t wait to see what the rest of the years bring.
Excellent value for the price. Tuition this year is not increasing. Lots of student facilities and opportunities. Programs in almost any area you could want to study, tons of research opportunities, you are guaranteed an internship, pretty campus, diverse student body (in all aspects: ethnically, age, Greek/not Greek, LGBTQ-friendly, religious, cultural, lots of international students, etc). There's something for everyone there. Always things to do. Good housing options both on campus/ modernized dorms or affordable off campus surrounding area as well. Safe except for some areas that are not safe, but generally lots of housing to find what you're looking for. Commuter city so you definitely must have a car. No public transport and everything too spread out to walk. Lots of free tutoring and student support services for students and their children if you are a student and parent. Financial aid office will help you; the university wants you to succeed.
Start Your Review of University of Memphis
I really love the vibe of the campus. The students seem to move as one; in my opinion, it displays the perfect example of unity. However, the great academics breaks the bank, so a decrease in tuition should be considered.
I have enjoyed being a student here. The teachers and curriculum are set up well for lecture or online courses. The only thing I didn't like was the courses could be more geared towards all ages and not just young students.
All around an excellent school. Great place for those fresh out of high school and taking the first steps into adulthood.