University of Memphis Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.143 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.154 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.154 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities521 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science139 Graduates
Business Administration and Management116 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration107 Graduates
Middle School Education102 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.158 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.201 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.86 responses
University of Memphis Reviews
I started at the University of Memphis a year ago after graduating from high school. It was a completely new experience of school, but the University of Memphis did a great job getting us comfortable and confident that we made the right choice. Most professors are great, I would just recommend checking their individual reviews and choosing the right one for you. Overall I am really glad I attend the University of Memphis!
Excellent value for the price. Tuition this year is not increasing. Lots of student facilities and opportunities. Programs in almost any area you could want to study, tons of research opportunities, you are guaranteed an internship, pretty campus, diverse student body (in all aspects: ethnically, age, Greek/not Greek, LGBTQ-friendly, religious, cultural, lots of international students, etc). There's something for everyone there. Always things to do. Good housing options both on campus/ modernized dorms or affordable off campus surrounding area as well. Safe except for some areas that are not safe, but generally lots of housing to find what you're looking for. Commuter city so you definitely must have a car. No public transport and everything too spread out to walk. Lots of free tutoring and student support services for students and their children if you are a student and parent. Financial aid office will help you; the university wants you to succeed.
The University of Memphis has the most unique professors simply because they provide the tough love that students need in college in order to succeed. They stress that there are ample resources to succeed and if you don't take advantage of them, then your failure is self-inflicted. There are even ample opportunities to apply for careers on campus from the bookstore to the food court to the library, just in case, you may need more finances to get through school. All of my professors office hours and visits have obviously been effective because I'm doing great in my courses!