University of Massachusetts - Lowell Reviews

1,140 reviews
Umass Lowell has brought cultural diversity with the environment and people within. It's easy to get involved with things on and off campus.
The University of Massachusetts is one of the most welcoming environments I've been in. Every professor is extremely helpful and wants the best for their students. Since the school is not too big, the class sizes are intimate enough for a student to receive the special attention that they deserve. The University is D1 in athletics so sports are highly respected on and around campus! The only thing that I wish to see more at UMass Lowell is diversity. It is a predominantly white campus even though the city of Lowell is predominantly Hispanic and Cambodian. However, there are many diverse clubs and organizations.
I could not be happier at UMass Lowell!! I love the students and the professors! Everyone here is amazing and really cares about you!
Start Your Review of University of Massachusetts - Lowell
I enjoy the diversity of food options in and around campus and the people I’ve met within the school. The bus transportation system could use a major revamping however.
I like the diversity of academic programs on campus and the wide range of clubs and student activities available. The updated facilities show that they care about having the best resources for students.
Easy to get lost in the shuffle. Professors do not know you personally so you could be just about anybody. Not tuition keeps rising to pay for all the new buildings. Lowell becoming a college town has made rents increase.
This university has professors that support your individual learning process. The campus is clean and protected by university police.
Umass Lowell is a great school with a lot of activities and places to go. The diversity is amazing and everyone is so kind and helpful too!
I met some amazing friends at this school and there are a lot of helpful resources that are offered all over campus. There are some professors that are a hit or miss though.
I absolutely love it here. Best decision I have made is to come here. Great professors who really care. The residence halls are amazing. I stayed in new suites as a freshman. Take advantage of the living learning communities for better housing and to make friends. It is also convenient to be able to have the option of keeping your car on campus all 4 years. Great value. The buildings on south are all new and updated.
The teachers are fantastic and the food is good. The housing situations are good although AC would be nice in more of the buildings. The school has grown so much in my three years of being there.
The University of Massachusetts - Lowell is a great school. I recently transferred to this school and I couldn't feel more at home. Everyone is so friendly and so helpful, I can't wait for my final two years here!
So far I love UMASS Lowell. After transferring three times, I have finally found a college that feels like home. The academics are challenging and even so, there are teachers and other resources that are there to help. The clubs and sports teams are great and really give you that sense of family when you join. The campus is in an amazing location close to downtown so there are plenty things to do on the weekends and there are plenty of events on campus as well. As a transfer student the staff at the school made it very easy to figure out all the classes that I needed to take and in the process everyone I encountered on the UMASS Lowell staff was always friendly and extremely helpful. They are always there to talk me though finacial or academic situations that I did not understand completely. I am really excited to hopefully continue my eduacation here and aslo complete my masters here as well!!
UMass Lowell has a lot to offer as a university and a community. My career thus far as a nursing major, approaching my NCLEX at the end of this upcoming semester, has provided me with the tools and experience i need to succeed in the 'real world'.
An overall nice college, I prefer UMass Lowell over Boston. There is a huge emphasis on student life here --There is at least one cafeteria and coffee shop on every campus. Dorms accommodate many students. The economics department has a wonderful, new building.
The classes, professors, and campuses are great, only a few unsavory experiences which is to be expected as no university is perfect. The undergraduate psychology program is great with many concentration options and great advisors.
Nice Campus. Everything is easily available. All stores are nearby. Very Diverse community, lots of clubs and after-school activity for people who live in the campus
Start Your Review of University of Massachusetts - Lowell
The diversity of UMass - Lowell is amazing and something to be proud of. The level at which the instructors go to ensure the students fully comprehend the course work and are fully immersed in it is exceptional.
I love the classes and the professors are wonderful! I feel the classes are very manageable and the campuses are nice and new. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone who wants the full college experience!
I love the university. Professors really care about your success! I was accepted to Northeastern and Bentley but decided on UMass Lowell as it was a better value and long term return for my investment as NU and Bentley did not offer me any merit scholarships.