University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth Reviews

I love the size of the campus and all the people I've met so far. The main dining hall doesn't have the best food but there are so many options on campus to eat at that you can get whatever you want. Professors were so helpful and I was able to talk to them in and out of class.
During my freshman year, I enjoyed attending this school a lot. From my classes, to my extra curricular activities, to the students, to the culture on campus, etc. I had no problem going to class. I always did my work during the week, knowing that I had something to look forward to doing on the weekend. However, as the years went on, the culture of the UMD community changed. I was no longer enjoying my classes, or looking forward to the weekends. The staff and DPS started to become too controlling, and made me feel uncomfortable. There is now a booth that sits right outside of the most diverse place on campus, with a few police officers. Events began to get shut down often. I also had a negative encounter with housing, where there was a spider in my room, and was told that nobody would come remove it. I switched my room after having my mom involved with the school, and started received multiple threats from the RD, as well as the RAs.
I am a freshman at UMass Dartmouth, and my first semester here is definitely my last. Here are a few things that I came across through my first semester at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth...
I found that most people here are not friendly. There is no party scene (awkward/weird if there is). Dinning hall puts laxatives in the food (eat here or starve). High chance of getting a parking ticket, despite purchasing a parking decal (parked at library for class and received a ticket). Dartmouth and New Bedford are a sketchy location. Freshman dorms... :( (Chestnut worst nut). Dells are trashed. Blue lights, good luck finding one. When it rains, it pours... and floods.
Good luck to upcoming students, you will need it.
Start Your Review of University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth
At first the process for application was a little confusing with how both my parents have not gone through the process of applying for college which made the experience a little difficult. However the admission office and UMASS representatives helped a great deal in answering any questions I have or any I would have in the process.
Overall the school I'd say is good. Just a few things that just need to be worked on such as the living area, and some professors could have some care for their students. But overall it's a pretty good school.
The food is terrible, there are many professors who care about the students, but many who really dont.
Dartmouth has it's ups and downs. What I like about it is the student life. There are a lot of opportunities to join clubs and really be involved with other students. However they do tend to neglect to students needs.
The students who go there and extremely friendly and the professors and staff actually care about how well you do and try their best to help you succeed. Everything on campus is a short walking distance. There is shuttles who drive you to stores and around campus to get to your dorms/apartments/townhouses. Amazing SOA department!!
I am an online graduate student and I like that the program keeps me busy, with assignments due weekly. The course content is provided at the beginning of the semester and course content is clear and aligned to the objectives and the lectures have been responsive and engaging. To date the admin support has aIso been good. I have been able go get help and information then needed. would recommend to grad students looking for an online program.
I'd like more help from the financial services department, but other than that I love UMassD and all of the professors here!
The professors in general are incredible! College academics are more or less the same where-ever you go. The university more or less lacks a party scene as well as a focus on sports and athletics. The surrounding area is lack-luster with little to nothing to do, the majority of students commute leaving the campus empty on the weekends. Campus food is campus food, not great, not horrible but universally overpriced (thanks chartwells!). The campus has a love crime rate, however, every year someone breaks a hip, arm, rip, or leg on the absolutely horrific archeticually designed and poorly maintained stairs.

All UmassD stairs are rather narrow, oddly shallow, and have a hallow space between each step, not to mention the strangely all turn at a 45 degree angle every six steps.

Mind the gap.
People will talk badly about this school. I was afraid to go when I entered as a freshman because everyone I knew who had gone had something terrible to say about it, but I went anyway bc it was cheap and I had a few friends there, it was a safe choice. There are downsides to this school, it's without a doubt. What I found, however, was that aside from those few downsides this was an affordable school with GREAT professors. I learned a TON here and was offered many internship/job opportunities through my classes and professors.
The professors are very helpful and willing to meet with you when you need some extra help. The dorms are very clean and spacious. The food on campus could definitely be improved.
I'm a Biology major at Umass D and the experience with this major has been absolutely amazing the professors are so helpful and enlightening. so many resources are available to students from tutoring to financial aid and help with college stress. I've loved it since the first day
The school is a good place overall. The professors are knowledgeable and always willingly to help any students who need help while also offering tutoring sessions for students who might find it easier talking to other students. There quite a few places on campus to get food so students can get some variety.
I started attending UMass Dartmouth in Fall of 2017. Almost all my professors have been helpful and obviously want their students to succeed. Whenever I have contacted one with a question, they have always responded in a timely manner with helpful information. Although the campus may look a bit dreary (especially in the winter), it is home to thousands of different and interesting people to get along with and tons of student organizations to join. The food in the main dining hall is okay. Some days are good, some are bad, and others are somewhere in the middle. Even then, there are several other dining locations around the campus and outside of it if you’re looking for something different. Overall, UMass is a good school to study at if you’re willing to look past its flaws.
good school for a lot of reasons. school is not as good looking as other schools around the area but it has a historic look to it. some departments are more funded than others and the engineering department is not treated how it should be.
Start Your Review of University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth
A very good school with passionate teachers, great major options and tuition assistance. A great school for the cost, in state or out of state.
If you are looking for an affordable option for your undergraduate career, UMass Dartmouth should be on your list. There are a lot of majors to choose from, and the class sizes range greatly providing you with flexibility in choosing classes based on your preferences. You’ll receive regular communications regarding on campus events and any emergencies that occur. There are also a lot of clubs and student run events in which you can participate. The meal options could use some improvement to focus more on health conscious options and more variety. During your time at UMass, you’ll meet other students from all over the globe, as the diversity is pretty good. Finally, regarding the professors, it is imperative that you consider forming a good relationship with them as they can be a great resource for you when you’re looking for internship opportunities or even just looking to have some questions answered on the classwork.
I like the size of Umass Dartmouth. It is big enough to meet new people but also small enough to feel comfortable with the people who are around you. The class sizes are reasonable for enough one on one help. I would like to see the appearance of the school change as well as a few changes in enrollment.