University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth Reviews

People will talk badly about this school. I was afraid to go when I entered as a freshman because everyone I knew who had gone had something terrible to say about it, but I went anyway bc it was cheap and I had a few friends there, it was a safe choice. There are downsides to this school, it's without a doubt. What I found, however, was that aside from those few downsides this was an affordable school with GREAT professors. I learned a TON here and was offered many internship/job opportunities through my classes and professors.
The professors are very helpful and willing to meet with you when you need some extra help. The dorms are very clean and spacious. The food on campus could definitely be improved.
I'm a Biology major at Umass D and the experience with this major has been absolutely amazing the professors are so helpful and enlightening. so many resources are available to students from tutoring to financial aid and help with college stress. I've loved it since the first day
Start Your Review of University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth
The school is a good place overall. The professors are knowledgeable and always willingly to help any students who need help while also offering tutoring sessions for students who might find it easier talking to other students. There quite a few places on campus to get food so students can get some variety.
I started attending UMass Dartmouth in Fall of 2017. Almost all my professors have been helpful and obviously want their students to succeed. Whenever I have contacted one with a question, they have always responded in a timely manner with helpful information. Although the campus may look a bit dreary (especially in the winter), it is home to thousands of different and interesting people to get along with and tons of student organizations to join. The food in the main dining hall is okay. Some days are good, some are bad, and others are somewhere in the middle. Even then, there are several other dining locations around the campus and outside of it if you’re looking for something different. Overall, UMass is a good school to study at if you’re willing to look past its flaws.
good school for a lot of reasons. school is not as good looking as other schools around the area but it has a historic look to it. some departments are more funded than others and the engineering department is not treated how it should be.
A very good school with passionate teachers, great major options and tuition assistance. A great school for the cost, in state or out of state.
If you are looking for an affordable option for your undergraduate career, UMass Dartmouth should be on your list. There are a lot of majors to choose from, and the class sizes range greatly providing you with flexibility in choosing classes based on your preferences. You’ll receive regular communications regarding on campus events and any emergencies that occur. There are also a lot of clubs and student run events in which you can participate. The meal options could use some improvement to focus more on health conscious options and more variety. During your time at UMass, you’ll meet other students from all over the globe, as the diversity is pretty good. Finally, regarding the professors, it is imperative that you consider forming a good relationship with them as they can be a great resource for you when you’re looking for internship opportunities or even just looking to have some questions answered on the classwork.
I like the size of Umass Dartmouth. It is big enough to meet new people but also small enough to feel comfortable with the people who are around you. The class sizes are reasonable for enough one on one help. I would like to see the appearance of the school change as well as a few changes in enrollment.
The University of Massachusetts- Dartmouth is very diverse, which makes everybody feel like they belong there and it's also very safe with police driving around 24/7.
Its a good school overall. You get out of it what you put in to it. If you want to party there are parties, if you want to study there are places to study. You get what you put into it, It is a great school if you want to get an educaiton. If you are going to slack, no one is going to pick you up off the side of the road. On the same token, if you are trying to get up, there will be many people who will lend you a helping hand.
Completing my first year of College at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth it was a great experience. Being a History Major I was able to see the change the professors has on the students and the way students decided to view the work given to them. If anything one thing I would like the University to change would be the participation of administration to be more involved around the campus.
Umass Dartmouth is a great college, you get a private college education at a public university value. The programs are great, challenging, exciting. I am eager to continue through and see what the future holds for me.
What makes the experience at this university is the people you meet and spend your four years with. I’ve had the pleasure to meet people who became brothers and sisters over the years at UMassD. It a diverse school and you’re bound to make friends with anyone at this school from all walks of life, and diverse backgrounds. The people who run and go to this school make this school.
What I like about UMass Dartmouth is the sense of community. We are a very diverse school which allows everyone to feel like they fit in. Faculty are amazing because their best interest is to help a student succeed. It is a safe school and I have never felt afraid for my security here. I would recommend a student to come here because coming here is a grand opportunity. I would like to see changes for better student life. I think that we need to have more resources for students such as having real life activities and better living space and food
Great college with a good selection of Majors offered as well as many minors. Professors offer a great diversity of classes and care about their students. Many of the classes are small and meant to be one-on-one student focuses as opposed to giant lectures.
So far, as a junior in the Charlton College of Business at UMass Dartmouth, I am having an amazing experience.
Start Your Review of University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth
I like how diverse the campus is. There are always people to talk to so you're never lonely. The one thing I would like to change is the dining options.
This college needs to work on being more modern, work in their food choices, activities choices, the faculty is always mad and rude, is super hard to get the help you need. They change their policy very regularly which is confusing, I really hope that they can make changes to benefit the students and not only the looks of the school.
I love them classes and the students I've met. The dorm isn't very pretty but I've learned to like it.