University of Maryland Eastern Shore Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.75 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.87 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.86 responses
Most Popular Majors
Police and Criminal Science77 Graduates
Family Studies and Consumer Sciences45 Graduates
Rehabilitation and Therapy41 Graduates
Hotel and Resort Management39 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science39 Graduates
Business Administration and Management38 Graduates
Civil Engineering Technician17 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.91 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.101 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.52 responses
University of Maryland Eastern Shore Reviews
My experience at UMES could have been better. There are many issues with housing. There are also issues with the food. Also the location in Princess Anne, MD is pretty boring. However academically I think UMES is doing a pretty good job. I have learn so much since enrolling at UMES!
Driving into University of Maryland Eastern Shore campus for move in day was a bittersweet moment. As I became more open minded about the campus and what it has to offer me, I became more of a member of the school. UMES is an overall well rounded school and is all of what you make it while your are there. I plan on making the best out of my experience there. HAWK PRIDE...CATCH IT!
Being A senior, I can reflect back to the very first time I committed to UMES not knowing the emotional rollercoaster I would go on.Being at UMES has taught me college is what you make it. From the outside looking in, UMES is an unpleasant school to be at in the middle of nowhere. Now that I am very close to graduating, I now see that UMES was a school that overall taught me very valuable lessons on myself and how to interact with individuals in a professional manner. UMES taught me how to never take no for an answer, fight for what you believe in, and anything is possible with a little help form the school.