High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.Take our survey
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.5 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.5 responses
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review University of Maine at Machias
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.9 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.10 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
University of Maine at Machias Reviews
UMM is alright. It's a very small campus but very affordable. It only has two dorm buildings and one is specifically for freshman. A lot of people leave after their first year here. Almost everybody knows one another as the school is so small (my high school had a bigger student body). The campus is located in one of the most rural counties of Maine. If you don't have a car, you're pretty much stuck in Machias. The area despite being so desolate, is beautiful. It's pure untouched nature, there's even a few trails on campus for hiking. If this sounds nice to you, you'd probably love it. But, it reminds me too much of a high school honestly.
I went to the University of Maine at Machias about 16 years ago. It was an amazing experience at the University because of the diversity of students, the campus beauty and the overall Downeast Maine atmosphere. Here I sit today going back to the University of Maine at Machias in my early 40's. I decided to change my major and return to school. I am an online student now, however I stay connected in various ways through the school. What I find the most appealing that even after all these years, the same professors are still working at the college. The school has a home like feel because of the atmosphere the campus offers. I highly recommend the University of Maine at Machias if you enjoy the outdoors, especially oceans. There may not be a lot of things to do in town because it is very rural. However, there is an abundance of outdoor activities that will be a once in a lifetime experience. Whether it exploring Jaspers Beach or The Bluff.
The dorm rooms themselves are pretty decent. A double in Sennett is spacious and plenty of room for two people, and the singles in Dorward are great! At first they seem kinda small, but once everything you have is actually put into place its absolutely perfect. The heating is nice, on occasion it almost feels like a window could be opened, which is much preferable during the winter season that freezing. Though Dorward is a little farther away from Torrey and the classrooms it's perfect for those who don't get out much and physical activity. The social atmosphere is pretty good, it's best to stay away from the sororities and fraternities though.