University of Maine at Farmington Reviews

When I applied to UMF I was looking for a small school with the program I wanted. I love spending time outdoors and I get to do that here. The downtown is really close and lovely. The Creative Writing Program is amazing and I get lots of helpful feedback from both professors and other students. The only problem I have is that after a while there is not a lot to do around the area if you don't have access to transportation.
Going to college in Maine is somethting if a special experience. It is /very/ small town. Near the beginning of a semester, when everyone is still excited, expect hellos on the street of campus and a super friendly atmosphere. The town is super easy to get involved in, there is always something going on, though don't expect it to be all sorority parties or whatever it is that really big colleges have. Central of town hosts music, festivals etc. Clubs are all active and awesome. Dorms are friendly, safe places where you will probably know some of your neighbors even if you really try not to. Classes don't slack, so keep your school/social life balanced! Still, professors are also cool and for the most part don't seem like they hate their own existence. Go here especially if you've never been a Mainer. I moved to texas and am super homesick for the place, and I only lived in Maine for 5 years. It's an amazing place.
University of Maine at Farmington is a nice, small college. It is like the whole campus is a family in a way. Everyone knows eachother and the proffesors really care about how you do within their classes.
Start Your Review of University of Maine at Farmington
I like the small hometown campus feel. Not many students but enough to create an academic and social atmosphere; while gaining the knowledge necessary to progress towards graduation. I also enjoy the interaction with the professors, as you are a student and not a number. The one to one attention is greater than many other schools. Outside of academics, there are many opportunities for socializing and creating life long friendships. This is done through clubs, athletics, programming, and options to hike, bike, and enjoy many facets of what the town has to offer.
I liked the small classes and it really seemed like each professor cared about each student. The community is amazing. Everyone is free to be who they want to be with no real judgement. Definitely feels like everyone is a part of this giant family.
I love the overall welcoming feel of the campus, the students were very friendly and eager to help and the location is perfect for anyone who likes the outdoors.
This is a great small town college, friendly people and excellent staff, though the college does not treat every department fairly
As a student who is part of the LGBTQA community I feel UMF is pretty poor when it comes to diversity and keeping it's minorities safe.
The University of Maine at Farmington has always been my dream school and being accepted was the best day of my life. I have been at UMF for 2 years now and loving every minute of it. The small classes lead to a sense of community and trust between myself and my professors. The only thing that they could change is the food program, as the food provided by sodexo is subpar.
Love almost every professor I've had. They really know their stuff and are always so willing to help. There's so many great clubs to join and everyone is so welcoming of new members which is great! Overall it's just such a friendly and welcoming campus and gives off such good, positive experiences. The food is also great and there's so much variety and there's options for every kind of person. The dorms are all great and each have their own special features and atmospheres. I LOVE this campus.
The University of Maine at Farmington is perfect if you're looking for a small town campus where nearly everything but the hospital and walmart are within walking distance. Professors are generally very warm and willing to help with any difficulty you are having with classes, and the class sizes are rarely larger than low 30's, usually around low 20's. Honestly the only things that I wish were improved were the availability of decent parking and the timely removal of snow and ice from sidewalks after winter storms so that no one ends up falling down stairs leaving the dorm at 9 in the morning for class.
I am a senior in High School and going through the college process has been incredibly stressful, however, dealing with UMF has been fantastic. I love the atmosphere and truly believe I have found the place for me!
The college was a great fit for me. The campus was small and located in a small community. The staff were warm, helpful and welcoming. The college provided academic help in any subject and the staff and student body stived for everyone to be successful. There are many opportunities for student students to participate in clubs, volunteering opportunities, and other great learning experiences. The University also does a great job getting students ready for life after college. I like how the college got their education majors into the classroom and working with students as of beginning of sophomore year. The college gave me many opportunities to communicate with other students and get to know my fellow classmates on a personal level. The college was a great fit for me and I am so glad I chose this college. My self confidence, self esteem and educational experience blossomed while attending this college and I believe I wouldn’t have been as successful anywhere else.
UMF is comprised of students who both value education, and who strive to push themselves. That, in addition to the welcoming environment of the school has made my transition from high school to college exceptionally smooth. Additionally, I feel that all the professors are dedicated their work, and do everything they can to help their students succeed. I am proud to be a student of the UMF community! Go Beavers!
The atmosphere that farmington had around it. The way they presented farmington within the tour was just fantastic.
If you are coming for a degree in Education then for sure come to UMF! It is well known all around for the teachers they produce. Would also recommend getting an apartment and making your own food as the food here is not good at all.
The admission members are always trying their very best to help you! It's such a joy to see they want you to be part of their university campus!
Start Your Review of University of Maine at Farmington
The staff and students are all amazing at making it feel like a community and I am proud to call it my home away from home.
Everyone there is so kind and helpful. Every single student and staff I have talked to have been so eager to help me out with any questions I have. The campus is beautiful and clean. I love hanging out in either the green grasses on campus, or even the lounge and library since everything is so neat and easy to work in.
I went here on chance and it ended up being a great decision. The community is what makes it the best and it will give you the college experience you will remember forever. There education program is top notch and I can tell I set up well once I graduate.