University of Lynchburg is ...
Private not-for-profit, Calvinist/Reformed
NCAA Division III (without football)
Old Dominion Athletic Conference
University of Lynchburg Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.41 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.46 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.46 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.58 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.71 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.24 responses
University of Lynchburg Reviews
I absolutely love my college! I'm a senior now and I'm graduating in the Spring of 2018! I love the close relationship I have made with my professors and I'm looking forward to continuing my graduate study here. What I love most about my campus is the many opportunities present, the small classroom size, and the great organizations and greek life here. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great campus to study at!
Our son is in the Honors College program at Lynchburg College. He consistently tells us the professors are extremely available, passionate about teaching, and challenge the students. His honors classes have been especially rigorous and the non-honors courses have not been easy. You must work diligently to earn an A. I was impressed with the well-organized and smoothly run "visit & application" process. President Garren really cares about the students and the college, and his efforts are reflected everywhere. The campus is lovely, the students are friendly, and our son's advisors have been pro-active in guiding his coursework and in directing him to opportunities and internships that he would not have thought about or known about. Students have told us they feel safe on campus, and we do not see non-students roaming around LC. We are very pleased with Lynchburg College and recommend the school highly.
Lynchburg College is a small private school that is very homey. I like the closeness I feel to students and staff members. The professors know you very well because there are small classes, and they are very dedicated and caring in helping students succeed. It is a very comfortable school and there is often a lot of familiar faces. I liked that once I stepped on campus I didn't feel intimidated at all, and rather fell right in with everyone else. The campus is small, and it is impossible to get lost. Classes take about 5 minutes to walk to, and many activities are usually taking place constantly around campus. Lynchburg College also resides in the city of Lynchburg, which offers a lot to do also. There are great shops, and restaurants, and many hikes and trails to do also.