University of Louisiana - Lafayette Reviews

1,293 reviews
I heard the campus that the University of Louisiana- Lafayette has the prettiest atmosphere. Also, I heard that the professors at this college will actually help you if you ask. Also, the students who attend the university are sweet and out going and have welcoming arms to anybody who wants to attend the school. The campus lay out is not as big as regular campus which would mean there would not be as many students in each class.
I am in the french program and was in the biology program. The teachers all seemed to make you want to fail. The offered no help and when you asked a question they would treat you like an imbecile rather than help you to solve the issue. The curriculum was also not the best as most classes were taught through professors running through powerpoints with no time to take notes or answer questions.
Apart form this, the campus is quite nice. It is not too small that you feel cramped and also not so big that you feel lost. If the teaching system were not so screwed up then I may say I actually liked it there.
Nice college as it is not too big but not too small either. People are nice and usually willing to help anybody out. Professors are mostly nice and readily available with any assistance you ask for. Beware the physics department though, its one of the hardest areas.
Start Your Review of University of Louisiana - Lafayette
The campus is not too big or small—it’s just right. Yes, it is aesthetically pleasing and culturally diverse, but what mattered to me the most was how the employees and teachers treated students, as well as if you actually learn anything of true value that could help later in the work field. UL does okay with that, but I would never give it a 10/10 because you will sometimes get those teachers who are mean for no reason at all, and occasionally employees that obviously hate their job. I had a bad experience with UL this year, and honestly I wish I never came here. I don’t love this school, but I like it enough to stay for this Fall 2018 semester.

The Deans seem nice enough, and the food in the Dining Hall is great. I love the social aspect and how there’s so many club functions and events that try to get the students involved/or active!
Even though I personally wouldn’t come back here based on my experience, it doesn’t mean that ULL isn’t just right for you!
i was very enthusiastic my freshman year but struggled with help from the professors or administrators to be able to pass a few classes in the spring semester and fall semester. i am hoping my sophomore year will be better even though i no longer qualify for TOPS program from our state. I hope to get help this year with my kinesiology class and physiology class.
They have been very helpful with my own personal needs, however their inflation on products such as textbooks and even school wear is rather high.
In addition, several people I know have had trouble with advisors and the school trying to keep their advisers an extra semester for the advisors mistake
The semester started out great and so far I am having a tremendously astonishing era. I look forward to ULL becoming the top school in the nation and continue to advance and modernize.
I love how friendly my classmates are. The campus is always clean. And the campus is close to home so I don't have to drive that far.
Most of employees are nice and try to help as more as they can at the university of Louisiana. There are also some parts like WellnessHealth center and counceller’s that are helping Students with different issues they may have. The rate of Academic is really varies from college to college and I don’t know a general answer for it. The whole campus area is so nice and active with lots of different events going on every now and then. They have some tours for visitors also at different point of time on campus with a tour guider. Get the chance to go and visit, it’s worthwhile to put time...
Athletics are a big part of the school, but lots of students don't attend the athletic events. I'd like to see more students watching their fellow students achieve in their athletic programs.
My experience with UL has been very good even though this is my second year. I said its a good experience because this school has given me experiences that i have never had before. Even though i live in an hour away from home, this school is like my second home that just so happens to be school.
The nursing program is amazing and I have already learned so much. There are always activities and events going on so it is never boring on campus!
I will be a junior this upcoming school year. My experience at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette so far has been amazing. I love the people of Lafayette and everything the campus has to offer the students. I know this upcoming school year will be wonderful and full of life long experiences.
Cheapest tuition in the area, and some books can be found for cheap online. The swamp is a nice place to relax, and there's plenty of extracurricular activities. The new student union is excellent. Registration is a pain without priority scheduling.
ULL is a vibrant campus with immaculate scenery, wild life, and a haven for southern charm and chivalry. With compatible, engaging, and intellectually stimulating academics, ULL is a university where one no longer feels like they leave home to attend the university but rather finally find their true home once stepping on campus. To put it simply, the University of Louisiana Lafayette is a place where one’s future not only begins but also places an indelible mark on all those whom it touches
I love, love, love the school spirit and the feeling of community present on campus. The teachers and advisors are really dedicated. Which the school would put more funding into liberal arts, especially the department of anthropology, sociology, etc.
It's an average school, it's not too big nor too small. I've had amazing professors and professors that pride themselves on failing students. The campus is gorgeous, as long as a rain storm doesn't pass through. As with any school this university does some things very well, like student life and engagement. Then there are things that the university can improve on, for instance the on campus housing is very expensive compared to other nearby apartments. What really makes this school shine is the city it lives in. Lafayette, Louisiana is a beautiful town with great people and even better food.
Start Your Review of University of Louisiana - Lafayette
The campus is really gorgeous and very walkable--a good thing as there's no free parking available near campus. Students generally park off-campus and are shuttled in. Faculty are generally approachable and helpful. Administration can be a pain. Both the official school site and the student portal are unintuitive and make it difficult to find the appropriate information/action. Also there is no color printing or large format printing available anywhere on campus, which is a real problem for visual art/graphic-based majors.
It’s a great school and community to get started in. As far as Engineering colleges go, ULL has one of the best in the south and they will do their very best to prepare you for your career and assist you in finding that first job.
It is a decent university. The academics aren’t hard but you have to apply yourself. There are a lot of fun things that happen around campus during the year. One of them is laniappe day, where all UL students get free unlimited crawfish. That’s one of the biggest events on campus. There also festival at the nearby park throughout the year.