University of Louisiana - Lafayette Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.83 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.90 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.90 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities287 Graduates
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching160 Graduates
Business Administration and Management135 Graduates
Industrial Production Technician96 Graduates
Petroleum Engineering86 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering77 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.119 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.142 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.64 responses
University of Louisiana - Lafayette Reviews
I applied to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette as soon as I received my ACT scores in the mail. I received several offers from different universities, but this one got my vote. I previously had opportunities to visit the campus before enrollment because my siblings graduated from UL. The campus has a really welcoming spirit, and is very supportive of its students academics and lifestyle no matter where they come from. There’s a home for everyone at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette!
The campus is really gorgeous and very walkable--a good thing as there's no free parking available near campus. Students generally park off-campus and are shuttled in. Faculty are generally approachable and helpful. Administration can be a pain. Both the official school site and the student portal are unintuitive and make it difficult to find the appropriate information/action. Also there is no color printing or large format printing available anywhere on campus, which is a real problem for visual art/graphic-based majors.
It's an average school, it's not too big nor too small. I've had amazing professors and professors that pride themselves on failing students. The campus is gorgeous, as long as a rain storm doesn't pass through. As with any school this university does some things very well, like student life and engagement. Then there are things that the university can improve on, for instance the on campus housing is very expensive compared to other nearby apartments. What really makes this school shine is the city it lives in. Lafayette, Louisiana is a beautiful town with great people and even better food.