University of La Verne Reviews

Amazing professors that are genuinely interested in not only teaching but helping the student achieve their individual learning objectives.
My experience so far with the University of La Verne has been amazing. When I first walked onto the campus I felt as if it were already home. I will be an incoming freshman this fall, but I have already made tons of connections. I am so excited to spend the next 4 years here at the University of La Verne.
The University of Laverne is such an amazing University. I have met so many amazing students and professors who have made my time at La Verne so memorable. I am grateful I have been given the opportunity to further my education at such a great university.
Start Your Review of University of La Verne
I wouldn't have wanted my undergraduate experience anywhere else! Small school, small class sizes, amazing professors who are more than willing to give you their time if needed, generous financial aid packages, and great resources.
The community is great here! The professors dedicate all their time to their students when needed and want the best for them as well! I can say that my first year here has been one I will never forget!
La Verne provided me with so many opportunities I never thought I would be able to have. I was able to study abroad twice and graduate a semester early through the honors program. Financial aid was very helpful in getting me through school. Going through student services can be very exhausting and lead to nowhere sometimes and all in all most often the school can be unhelpful or take too long to communicate and help resolve issues.
I enjoy how small the university is and the intimate class sessions. I know every one of my professors and they know me by name. It’s easy to make friends because the campus is small enough that you see familiar faces all around.
Small but friendly campus, many resources such as tutoring and one-on-one work with professors, and many opportunities to grow. There are many on campus jobs to apply for, various clubs such as dance club, and choir club, and there is a lot of community outreach.
Great campus, great professors, small classroom environment which offers more one on one feel, very over priced but other than that I had amazing experience at ULV
What I like about the University of La Verne is that it is a fast pace environement. If you are looking for a school that is for the working parent this is the place to be. They offer a program where the classes are only 10 weeks long. You get your degree faster. Who wouldnt want that.
I enjoy attending University of La Verne, because its staff is willing to help and makes you feel at ease during all the registration process, this was very nice and helpful for me being an Adult enrolled in the Online CAPA program.
The staff at La Verne are always willing to help students be succesful in their field. The advisors find great ways to propel students to become successful.
Go LEOs! I am proud to be able to go to a school that is safe, welcoming , diverse, and a pleasure to be at. Sadly I have to include safe in my statement due to recent issues going on in our country. However, this school is nothing but amazing, and I will become who I wanted to be thanks to this school.
I am an online student, active duty military. The school has been very helpful to Mr in my pursuit of a degree while I have a very busy schedule and an on the go. Professors are understanding and knowledgeable. I do not have any complaints, they do their best to ensure we all succeed the right way.
My experience at the University of La Verne was great. I made more friends than I did in high school. All the people are extremely nice and caring. All faculty do their best to help you. Groups are easy to become a part of. For the most part, semester classes are not too rigorous; however, Jan-term classes are very tough.
I would recommend this University to anyone looking for an excellent private education. The close-knit community allowed me to feel connected and supported.
When I initially inquired about continuing my education through ULV, I was greeted with open arms. It was difficult to meet with an advisor, because they wanted to meet during the daytime hours. I work a full-time job, so that was a little off putting. Now the Academic Advisor is continually trying to enroll me in classes that I do not need (I am also taking classes at another college in order to complete my degree quicker) and although I continue to tell her that I am currently taking classes else where, she "forgets" and within two weeks I get another email that she's enrolling me in either a different class or the same class that she was trying for before. Very unorganized facility.
Start Your Review of University of La Verne
The professors are truly dedicated to higher learning. They will go out of there way to make you feel comfortable. An experience I have says it all. My freshman year one of my professors let us study at his house while we made tamales. The entire class showed up and we watched football/ate In N Out while we waited for the tamales to cook. After most of the students left, he let me drive his car around the city and told me to keep working hard so I can have a car like his. What more can I say? Great environment to learn in.
The city of La Verne is a cute and quiet little town. Directly inside the campus there is the city police station and fire department, as well as blue safety lights around campus. ULV preaches a lot about diversity, however there is hardly any, whether it be faculty or students. While I consider myself a Democrat, I’ve found many of the professors to be extremely liberal— assignments are based heavily on their views and if you don’t agree you might not get a good grade on it. Student life is very fun with a lot of free food and activities provided almost daily, and many clubs to join. I rate it average because as an expensive private university ($50,000) I personally expected more out of my experience and opportunities given to me. I would only recommend going here if you received a hefty scholarship for ULV. If funds are an issue for you, try Cal Poly Pomona, they are our “sister school”.
Everyone here at ULV is friendly and helpful. Being that it is a smaller college it is hard to walk around and not run into someone you know. The Professors and staff here are amazing and truly do care about you succeeding. The campus is always clean and they always have an event going on.