University of Kentucky Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.212 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.222 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.221 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 172 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.305 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.357 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 192 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.178 responses
University of Kentucky Reviews
The University of Kentucky is one of the best universities I've ever been to! The campus is beautiful and everyone is so welcoming. I felt at home the first time I visited and automatically I knew UK was the school I wanted to attend. There's a whole week of activities in August before classes start specifically for incoming freshman to get them acclimated to the university and show them everything UK has to offer. There are numerous tutoring services and most professors are flexible with their office hours to find a time that works for the student. Almost everyday there's a different activity happening on campus, from goat yoga and Pinterest parties for stress relief, to live music and food to spend time with friends, to tailgates before sports games to support our Wildcats with the most spirit. It's clear that the university strives to create the best environment for students' success and well-being. I'm so glad I picked the University of Kentucky!
I love the University of Kentucky. As a student from out-of-state, I was worried about fitting in and dealing with homesickness on a regular basis. Fortunately, UK's warm and welcoming atmosphere made me feel right at home the minute I stepped on campus, and I haven't had that worry since. The wide variety of majors and course offerings are sure to capture your interest, and with outstanding study facilities, you won't want to stop learning! Besides the freedom to meet with professors outside of class, UK provides a number of academic resources to keep you on track with your studies. And when you are not studying, there is plenty of fun things to do, whether you are with a large group of friends or just by yourself. No matter your interests or career aspirations, UK will always feel like home.
The University of Kentucky is a fantastic university if you are interested in a large school in an urban setting, with access to a wide variety of resources and opportunities. This is, however, offset by the fact that the size of the university causes it to be quite impersonal and operate more like a machine than a school. Classes are large for the most part, which sometimes makes it difficult to receive the attention necessary, but the professors are quite qualified and are good at their jobs, which means that one-on-one attention isn't needed as often!