University of Kansas Reviews

2,882 reviews
At first I was not interested in paying to much attention to 'college life', especially since it seemed generalized. I just wanted to go to class and spend time with my friends. However, when classes started (this was during the 2016 presidential election) the teachers somehow managed to suck me into organizations that KU offered. I dived into politics and social justice on and off campus. One thing I would like to change would be to make the non traditional classes, such as feminism in Disney movies, more advertised to students instead of the traditional English classes.
I love the University of Kansas because everyone is so friendly and helpful there. It is easy to find the right path for every student.
This school is large and chances are you will find your niche in its expanse of programs. Some of the teachers I have had at this school are incredible and have made a lasting impact on my life.
Review University of Kansas
The campus is beautiful and the buildings are amazing. You will have classes all over campus and be able to see and learn so many great things about what makes KU special. Class sizes range from small and intimate classes with only twenty students, to large lectures with up to 700 other students.
I liked how many options and opportunities are available for students to explore and earn degrees and gain experience needed for their area of study. The courses are generally at a fair level of difficulty. Some departments are a lot more difficult than others, and course difficulty also depends on the professor. But overall, a very good institution for undergraduate learning and earning a degree.
I have really enjoyed my experience here so far. All the professors have been timely in getting back with me and making sure to answer any questions I've had. The bus system has been my way of transportation and they also have made that very easy.
I like how everyone seems to have each others back. From students, to professors, there is always someone there willing to help. There's a lot of school spirit at KU, and everyone takes pride in attending. If can change anything, it would to be able to add more diversity to the campus
University of Kansas is a great school where I met friends the second I walked in my first class. Teachers and professors really care about you and are willing to help you in every way possible so you can succeed. The school also offers an incredible amount of free resources to help you for the future, such as writing centers, resume checks, and mock interviews.
I am currently a student at the University of Kansas and I love attending there for classes. The teachers are knowledgeable, the students are friendly, and the town is small enough that you can bus, bike, drive, or even walk from and to campus as well as work.
KU is a solid school to go to. I'm an Electrical Engineering student so I can really only speak for the EECS school. The campus is great. It's plenty large enough so it doesn't feel like it's cramped at all. There's always events going on around campus, and the people are generally great. It's relatively cheap for the type of education that you're getting as well. The professors are hit and miss. I've some terrible ones, and I've had some fantastic ones. People here all share a similar story on that front. Off campus, Lawrence in general is small but packed with cool things to do. Mass St. is where all the bars and restaurants are. You'll probably find yourself spending plenty of weekend nights there. We're also located about 30 minutes away from Kansas City if you want to shop at the malls or do other things.
I love everything about KU. There is a lot of pride that comes from being a Jayhawk. Not only attending the basketball games in the nation's best stadium amazing, so is learning through KU. I have become a more well rounded person. I have learned so much more than I expected at such a young age. I absolutely love it.
For the most part, the University of Kansas is great. I chose this school because I wanted in-state tuition, and it has a top-notch journalism school.
Overall, my experience at KU has been a good one. I have been able to become involved in research in the biology department. I would like to see more help in locating summer internships.
I came to the University of Kansas because I was interested in the school of architecture. As a sophomore here at the University of Kansas my experience has been very good.
KU is a welcoming school that provides many opportunities for students to succeed. I found my home here as a Jayhawk and there is nothing quite like the atmosphere in Lawrence.
Good basketball program but very bad football program as the school is easy to get into and is very diverse because of it. The surroundings is in the middle of nowhere. Nightlife is bad because of it as the academics is mediocre. Some cute females are there but overall a decent school.
I have had a really great time at KU so far. It's a big campus that doesn't make you feel like a number while you're there. If you love basketball and love great academics, there's no other place for you.
Review University of Kansas
My experience has been mixed. Love the program I'm in, campus is hands down beautiful, but some professors could be more receptive to the needs of students. Are they there for the students or strictly for the money and research? Actually teaching the material would be a great idea.
I like KU. The campus is clean, the people are friendly the professors are personable. There is always something for everyone to do.
University of Kansas is an amazing school that has anything you could ever want to be involved in. Academic programs are high quality and the campus is beautiful. Haven't had a professor that wasn't top of their field. There is so much school spirit and an overall friendliness on campus. The party scene is amazing, there's always stuff happening. The Lawrence area is a cool place to go and hang out with friends, get good food, and shop. I've never felt unsafe on campus and KU police are always around. Dorms are pretty nice as far as dorms go as well as the dorm food. Pretty good amount of diversity for a Midwestern school. Many choices for athletics through clubs and intramurals and obviously the men's basketball provides fun for home and away games. Football games are a lot of fun too despite not having a winning team all the time.