University of Iowa Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.167 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.175 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.175 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.234 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.271 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.127 responses
University of Iowa Reviews
I like that the University of Iowa gives students many opportunities to get involved with the community. Residence halls offer events to help students relax. Employers on campus are flexible about working hours. This university has great tutoring and supplemental instruction services. The TAs are usually very helpful. The people are nice as well. The campus has a lot of trees, sculptures, and has quotes engraved in the sidewalks! Plus a lot of bookstores and great dining options.
The University is amazing! The academics are great and there is a huge amount of support, opportunities, involvements, and events for students of all ages all the time. The staff is great and the people are even better. Athletics are incredible and the facilities, school pride, and atmosphere is second to none. I have made lots of friends and there have been lots of professional networking opportunities as well. This school is the best kept secret in the USA.
I've had a great experience with UofI . As a transfer student, I wish they would expand their orientation days to include a tour of the campus because when I first got here, a group of classmates and I planned on organizing a study group at the library, and I didn't even know where the main library was located! Nor do I know where the main cafeteria is, and I found out on my own where financial aid, the gift shop were located. But to this day I am not the one that should be contacted in hopes of receiving directions! On the flip side, people here are very friendly, and have been more than helpful when I get lost.