The University of Iowa is one of the nation's premier public research universities with 32,948 students from 114 countries and all 50 states. Founded in 1847, it is the state's oldest institution of higher education and is located alongside the picturesque Iowa River in Iowa City, one of America’s most beloved college towns. Home to one of the most acclaimed academic medical centers in the U.S. and the world-renowned Iowa Writers' Workshop, the UI offers more than 200 majors, minors, and certificates to help students create their own path of study.
University of Iowa Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.167 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.191 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.191 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.250 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.287 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.127 responses